test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does deflection no longer resist control effects?

nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
edited August 2016 in PvP Discussion
Hi,

I am in the process of deciding which artifacts to invest refinements points into for my DC and pondering the relative strengths of different stats. I read in the HR thread that roots and dazes will no longer be deflected in the next mod. I currently have very low deflection but was wondering if it would be worth investing into it for my build. If deflection, however, no longer plays a role in control duration or resistance, maybe it is not as valuable anymore - at least that is what I am thinking.

Has anyone heard anything about how deflection will interact with being controlled in the next mod? Do the changes affect control abilities for all classes?

Thanks in advance.
Nezdin (DC)
Aelan Icebleed (CW)
Post edited by nezdin#5514 on

Comments

• Options
    ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    as a TR with 73% deflect (with pots), i dont care if deflect no longer cuts CC, but i can tell you this, deflect can be your best friend in pvp, with 25% DR, P. negation, 85% deflect severity and full lionsmane (no rosegold rings), i resist around 90% of damage, so those 80k bullcharges are reduced to 8k hits, 50k IBS to 5k, 400k anvil of doom to 40k, of curse when your enemy gets lucky, you eat the whole damage, with low DR as mine, deflect is worth only if you can stack more than 50%.
  • Options
    nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

as a TR with 73% deflect (with pots), i dont care if deflect no longer cuts CC, but i can tell you this, deflect can be your best friend in pvp, with 25% DR, P. negation, 85% deflect severity and full lionsmane (no rosegold rings), i resist around 90% of damage, so those 80k bullcharges are reduced to 8k hits, 50k IBS to 5k, 400k anvil of doom to 40k, of curse when your enemy gets lucky, you eat the whole damage, with low DR as mine, deflect is worth only if you can stack more than 50%.

Although I do not see why not deflecting control doesn't affect you much, I see your point about reducing damage very significantly. I guess it will be a tradeoff between stacking defence or deflection for a DC, the former being easier than the latter. I will give the latter a shot though. Thanks for the numbers too - quite impressive reductions!
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)