test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Item stuck in my inbox for 3 years - support can't help

elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
Dear support and developers,

I cannot receive more than 2 in game mails with items in Neverwinter since the last 4-5 months.

I've always been having issues with my inbox which I have reported countless times over the last 3 years, both in tickets and bug reports. For the last 1 and a half year or so I haven't been able to receive more than about 5-6 mails with items as well, but now I am down to only 2 it has become down right dreadful.

What has happened is that when I tried to send (or when my friends tried to send me) items via in game mail, these mails never arrived correctly; the items and mail got lost and stuck. This happens with regular mails (without items) too, even though it is really annoying because I miss out on important information as a guild leader, it hasn't been as big of a problem. Strange how I have settled with this bug being normal over time... frankly it's sad.

Anyhow, this bug creating lost mails has been clogging up my inbox since 2013 and I never got any items refunded that I lost, including countless T1 and T2 pre M6 gear, an ioun stone, blood ruby, enchantments and other items I by now can't even remember. I would like to see the items returned, but as I know NW doesn't usually do this and most of my cases are by now 3 years old (aka ancient), I doubt this will happen.

What I do except to happen is that my inbox will be fixed at some point, so that I can receive more than just 2 mails with items in it. I have tested this with my friends and they can send and receive over 15-18 mails with items themselves, definitely more than has been possible for me over the years that I have been getting this bug.

Disregarding my other countless in game bug reports and support ticket I've sent. I contacted support 5 months ago and they told me that they had sent the issue to the developers and they would report back to me if they heard from them. Now I get this might take a long time, but when I asked for an update of some sort all support does is cut me off, close my ticket and refer to the older ticket. The point is that they even closed my older original ticket as well and I am left feeling betrayed and ignored.

Recently I contacted support again and decided to rephrase my issue and not refer to my older ticket and actually got some real help. "Empty your ignore list" support said, so I did but sadly it wasn't of any help. Again I was advised to make a bug report, but at least they tried.

So here I am... with another bug report... hoping that one day the developers will finally receive and acknowledge my inbox problem. Again I am literally not kidding that I've been reporting this issue since 2013. In 2013 I founded our guild True DragonBlood and I've been keeping it alive and put hard work into it every day for everyone to enjoy YOUR game. The least I'd expect is some actual help...

Sincerely,
A desperate and very disappointed wizard

Update

Still waiting on a reply...

[ Image that showed a conversation I had during Twitch live stream with a community manager, I reported my issue to him and he told me he was going to forward it to the developers. The image got removed for the reason stated below in orange.]

Do you have the same issue on other characters?

it's account wide.

Do you have things from the AH in your mail?

I remove everything instantly cause I am afraid of loosing anything now.

Did you delete mail on your other characters?
Yes, everything is entirely empty and the issue still persists.

Did you put the person mailing you on ignore by accident?
No, it does not matter from which person it comes. It even happened to me sending myself mails. I don't think I can put myself on ignore :p

Removed image with PMs as posting private correspondence is a violation of forum rules.
Post edited by elvalianon on

Comments

• skqwaranskqwaran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    3 Years? how is that possible! do something ARC
  • kur667kur667 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    @strumslinger

would be much appreciated if this could get some love attention, as Guildleader Elva often uses mail quite often. We're not asking for a refund of past items or anything here just a normal functioning mailbox :smile:
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Did you try what the big red text tells you to do and delete some old messages? Seems to me your likely issue is that you can only get two unbugged mails at a time is because you can only receive two mails.
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    zibadawa said:

Did you try what the big red text tells you to do and delete some old messages? Seems to me your likely issue is that you can only get two unbugged mails at a time is because you can only receive two mails.

I've been having this issue for 3 years. My entire inbox is shown there, I have no more mails. I also checked and emptied all my other characters inboxes before and even on the gateway, cause that seems to be separated and can bug too (mails with items showing on the gateway but not in game). So that is not it, ty.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Unfortunately, this game's devs have always been like this, they only care about bugs if it affects their income, they don't care about anything else and because I'm saying this, a mod will almost surely censor me, but its true! Every time I get a problem that I need the support help, they come up with their pre-made answers for the first time, always says the same and in the end they lead you to "bug report" or invent some HAMSTER that you just say "nevermind this ticket".
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    AH slots?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • xlsdocxlsdoc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    I had something similar the other day and for me it was because I had accidentally blocked someone by mistake. Have you tried unblocking everyone on your ignore list?
    xlsdoc said:

I had something similar the other day and for me it was because I had accidentally blocked someone by mistake. Have you tried unblocking everyone on your ignore list?

Yes I did, as I mentioned in my op support suggested this, I tried and it didn't help.

AH slots?

AH Slots? Please specify what you mean ^^

If you mean bugged in some way, I do not. If you mean to store items in the AH, I don't believe that works as it is character bound.
    edited August 2016
    brun2000 said:

Unfortunately, this game's devs have always been like this, they only care about bugs if it affects their income, they don't care about anything else and because I'm saying this, a mod will almost surely censor me, but its true! Every time I get a problem that I need the support help, they come up with their pre-made answers for the first time, always says the same and in the end they lead you to "bug report" or invent some **** that you just say "nevermind this ticket".

Sounds very familiar. My issue probably never get's fixed but it is not going to hold me from bringing it up. This way people can see for themselves how much cryptic cares.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

AH slots?

If you mean bugged in some way, I do not. If you mean to store items in the AH, I don't believe that works as it is character bound.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/549440/auction-house-slots

Do you have the same issue in other characters?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    edited August 2016

AH slots?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/549440/auction-house-slots

Do you have the same issue in other characters?
    Yes, it's on my whole account. It has nothing to do with the Auction House though, ty :)

My mails do not arrive randomly. I lost a lot of mails over the last 3 years and still do. I think every month or so I loose 4-5 mails that people have sent me. They contact me a while later to ask if I got their mail and there is literally no trace of it in my inbox. The mails with items created this "full inobox" problem, they never arrived and have been clogging up my inbox for 3 years. It does not matter if friends sent me mails or I sent them to myself, they all randomly get lost now and then.
  • mredo2mredo2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Do u have preview account, there where times when items form preview server could go into normal one maybe it is something similar, Try to remove game (all of it) and install again (some informations are stored in your pc).
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I would settle for them to go in and delete everything in the mailbox
    and see if the mailbox is glitching and hiding some of the mails.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
    artanisen said:

I would settle for them to go in and delete everything in the mailbox
    and see if the mailbox is glitching and hiding some of the mails.

If they EVER contact me :p I would be totally ok with that.
    edited September 2016
    mredo2 said:

Do u have preview account, there where times when items form preview server could go into normal one maybe it is something similar, Try to remove game (all of it) and install again (some informations are stored in your pc).

Hmm good thought, I will check this. I have copies of toons from 3 years ago on there. Will update here when I figure it out.

Update
    It did not work :C
    U deleted all preview chars?

What is sad that if u are only person with this problem they wont fix it :( couse they dont lose money. They didnt do it 2 years ago when support was better then today :(. Old support helped me when someone hacked my account and made rollback for it, true lost a 500k AD couse of drop from dungs but got back much more.
    mredo2 said:

U deleted all preview chars?

I kept 2 of them, because one has my old look/gear from 2+ years ago that no longer exist and I'm making a cosplay costume similar to it, so I want to keep it. The other holds some items I want to hang on to on the preview that are only on that toon. Both their mail boxes are entirely empty.

And yes, in the 3+ years I've been having this issue I've been the only one. It just sickens me how they keep sending me back and fort though, promising me things they never do. They might as well say &*%$ YOU! At least it won't be a lie.
    If only i was sure it would help, i would tell u to delete those chars, couse maybe your items are in void between 2 servers :) u probably wont get back items u lost but mailbox could start to work :( but forget it if u have something important in preview.
    I think support should help u clean all mailbox and change @elvalianon for new one maybe that would help, and it should be them doing it couse u can have invisible mail on it. Btw u checked if mailbox works in preview?
    edited September 2016
    mredo2 said:

tw u checked if mailbox works in preview?

I did and they do. I am able to mail myself stuff there. I should probably check if I am limited to 2 mails with items there too. Will do that.

Update
    On the test server I do not have the full inbox problem. So they seem separated.