test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF DPS Build

Hey guys! I'm pretty new to neverwinter and had a couple of questions. Is DPS GF viable for end game? What race should I go? What should my initial stats look like and what to I pump points into while leveling?

Comments

• Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Hard to say. They are changing GF drastically in a few weeks. Supposedly they're making attacks more powerful, while making buffs much less effective. As for race, if your going DPS, dwarf gets knockback bonus, Human gets 3 extra skill points and 3% defense. Halfling gets deflect bonus. etc. If you're going DPS I'd say human due to extra points and the defense bonus. I'm not DPS, so you'll probably want to get others opinions. It'll be much easier to go DPS after they change it though, at least I think. Go check the news article and look at the changes they are making to specific skills. Cleave looks like it'll do a lot more damage, so you'd probably want to put points into it fairly quickly.
  • Options
    rudeuncle#3422 rudeuncle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    hi everyone! who can tell me obout my gf choice. i make human gf and rolled stats for him 15 str (with +2 race bonus) 18 con, 13 dex and 10, 10, 8. this is a good choice for stats? or i can do it better?

and one more question)
    if i choice halfling, what roll exellent for him pve/pvp. Tnx!
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

hi everyone! who can tell me obout my gf choice. i make human gf and rolled stats for him 15 str (with +2 race bonus) 18 con, 13 dex and 10, 10, 8. this is a good choice for stats? or i can do it better?

and one more question)

if i choice halfling, what roll exellent for him pve/pvp. Tnx!

If you are going for dps, you'll want STR(DPS) and DEX(Arm Pen + Deflect)
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Go Half Orc, Dragonborn or Human for DPS GF... even Tiefling seems a nice choice :D
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i don't know the build, but i ran an eLoL with a 4k GF from jesus had soulforged(xb1) about week ago. i had 3 friends with me, a SW and TR, and buffing DC. we are all over 3k, play well as a team, melt orcus in seconds blah blah. that GF did more DPS than the rest of the party combined.

so yeah, it's absolutely possible. not sure they needed to buff the GF damage after seeing that.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    wabber#5907 wabber Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If you are on Xbox and PlayStation you all still have into the fray( itf) uncapped based off your damage resistance on character sheet. This will be changed when you all get mod 10, so I wouldn't build around it.

While this is mod 9 build the general idea is there as a baseline to build from and change what you want to change to fit current patch.
    A simple forum search came up with this :
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1211257/the-beast-dps-gf-build which is an OK DPs build some corrections in comments if you want to give it a look.

If you like PvE give bethel a look on YouTube doesn't show current build for mod 10 and can be seen featured in some of sharpedges videos.

If you like PvP give saiyenX (spelling?) A look also doesn't show builds but one of the better gf pvpers.