test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockbox - open now or wait for resurgence?

I'm trying to get a handle on the game, and was wondering if it is worth trying to get new gear from loclboxes now while the markets fresh, or wait till a resurgence box drops that will have more options in it.

Comments

• spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Not sure when the resurgence boxes will hit ps4. The level less equipment is what you want from these boxes. However, you get trade bars from all lockboxes, which can be used to buy armour and other equipment, so even if you open some now you will still accrue trade bars which can be used later. The lockboxes are rng so it's luck (good/bad/meh) of the draw what you get out anyway! I
  • tachiharatachihara Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Lockbox RNG is kinda getting on my nerves. I'm probably going to start stockpiling keys. I did get an artifact belt yesterday, nothing else of particular value. I think the server wide announcement f people opening mounts is what gets to me. I've opened 50+ boxes and got 1 really good item.
  • gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I opened 50 the other day and no sign of the legendary mount or anything other than just basic packs. Considering what you have to pay to get keys it seems a little low on the percentage chance to actually get one. Anyone know what the actual % chance is?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I know ive opened all im going to open as ive easily opened 50-60 and nothing good to show for it
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    While it's nice to get special things the other things in the boxes aren't valueless. At least true of this particular box anyway. They contain valuable items for refinement and kitting up your newbie toons. A good portion of the time the contents are also decent resale on ah
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User

While it's nice to get special things the other things in the boxes aren't valueless. At least true of this particular box anyway. They contain valuable items for refinement and kitting up your newbie toons. A good portion of the time the contents are also decent resale on ah

not enough people working the AH yet im sure that will change in time but right now even if you under cut everyone most things arent selling
  • sixpathssnow#5121 sixpathssnow Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just open them all haha
    The Rise of a new Era, with only one guild to bow to. -CrownMeKing-
  • terranos#5982 terranos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Mine are just building up in the bank, not sure if any will be getting opened. Is there a way to get the keys without buying them with zen?
  • spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    There are only two ways to get Enchanted Lockbox keys .
    1. Buy keys with zen at 125 zen per key.
    2. Buy VIP for a month. This costs 1000 zen per month. VIP benefits Include a daily enchanted key - this is a more efficient way to get keys. Keys are character bound.
    You can spend real money through ps store to purchase zen.
    Oryou can convert astral diamonds, save up and sell them for zen - it's time consuming but doable.
  • shepherd#8623 shepherd Member Posts: 5 New User
    > @drathmor#2709 said:
    > I know ive opened all im going to open as ive easily opened 50-60 and nothing good to show for it

I've opened more than 400 lockboxs, nothing good
  • warppigeon#7444 warppigeon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I got the burning blade main hand and burning grimoire off hand from the Elemental_Artifact_Weapon_Choice_Pack
    They came in epic/purple already. and boosted my gear score above 2000 so i could start earning my Seal_of_the_Protector and Twisted_Ichor I'm now able to work on my end game gear already, because i opened my lock box and got lucky. it could have been weeks before i could run 2000 gear score dungeons without those items.