test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quest: Frost Giant Moot

forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
Isn't it about time this giant put his feet to rest, and stopped going on walkabouts when pople are trying to pick up his orders, or deliver those spears?
I went back to that damn Icewinddale only 'cause I absolutely have to, and this is taking a lot of time from all the HAMSTER grind that the stronghold requires.

This was NOT a good way to end last night's gaming, and is sure as hell not a good way to start today's grind.
Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

Comments

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Its bugged, no one seems to care.
    But its good to know I am not the only one disappointed by the neglect of the old gaming content.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    It seems to only be one or two instances. Keep an eye out for the Demonic Escape. He likes to watch the carnage.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Yesterday I saw him sitting a few feet away from where he was supposed to be, partially submerged in the snow. So possibly the vanishing act he does is because he's being rendered in the wrong location. He might be underground.

Maybe he's getting way too drunk from all of this booze we're bringing him. Next time, bring him some coffee and an intervention.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    greywynd said:

It seems to only be one or two instances. Keep an eye out for the Demonic Escape. He likes to watch the carnage.

I doubt that there are more than 2 instances at any given time due to the rewards (or lack of them) you can gain in IWD. Once you have the boons its a place you won't return to voluntarily.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited July 2016

greywynd said:

I doubt that there are more than 2 instances at any given time due to the rewards (or lack of them) you can gain in IWD. Once you have the boons its a place you won't return to voluntarily.
    Yes. He is always there during the HE, and as far as I can tell. This is not an intended mechanic, as far as I know, because he's been like that since they introduced IWD.
    Yes, heroics in both IWD and WoD need a slight adjustment to their rewards. Maybe frozen/tyrannical treasures? That would get me back there, depending on drop rate of course. I tend to not waste time on what Cryptic consideres "a chance".
    I've had far too many CN and Demogorgon runs with nothing more than a ring of sudden salvage +1 or +2 to show for it, and now that even the +4 rings are about to become worth less than Vartilingorax's toilet paper, people on my friends list / alliance will "have a chance" at getting a yes from me if they ask me to go.
    Sorry about the rant.

Could someone maybe quote me on this and tag someone that could make that happend (the treasures)? It's almost 4AM here, and I can't remember any of their @handles.

Edit: oh, I remembered some: @terramak @panderus
    zibadawa said:

Yesterday I saw him sitting a few feet away from where he was supposed to be, partially submerged in the snow. So possibly the vanishing act he does is because he's being rendered in the wrong location. He might be underground.

Maybe he's getting way too drunk from all of this booze we're bringing him. Next time, bring him some coffee and an intervention.

This made me laugh. Thanks. :)
    Well, we've been bringing him beer, night and day, for the last two years now. I'm just amazed at the fact that he can still get up on his feet.
    Or maybe he can't. maybe, he's digging himself down in the snow to cool down that major headache he surely must have by now.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!