test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the whole game really this easy?

maltethmalteth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
So far this has been the easiest MMO ive ever played. Does it get any more difficult? Dungeons are a joke. Please tell me im missing something.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    It picks up in difficulty once you unlock Epic Dungeons and first hit level 70. Class goes a long way towards the difficulty too. Try soloing as a cleric all the way to 70 and it's a vastly different experience than running a GWF.

But yes, eventually, with the right party every dungeon will be a breeze.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    Yeah, between 60 and 70, the difficulty starts to ramp up significantly and you'll find yourself getting beat on by trash mobs. This is also in part due to the fact that the stat curve is a lot different between 1-60 and 61-70.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    It does get harder at level 70. A lot does depend on your character yes, and also your gear. Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons are hard areas with a few mini dungeons that aren't easily soloable until you are a decent gear score 2K + and have some of your boons. Castle Never is the hardest dungeon in the game. Minimum IL of 2k is a guide, I have run it on Xbox with 3k Gear Scores and we have not been able to finish it. I believe in mod 10 there will be new harder content still
  • ultima#6175 ultima Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    malteth said:

So far this has been the easiest MMO ive ever played. Does it get any more difficult? Dungeons are a joke. Please tell me im missing something.

If you run dungeons solo like I do, then it will become harder around level 60. Some of the Orges bosses can one hit kill you, so you have to start thinking and moving around more than before.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Level 1-60 missions right before you get the gift from Neverwinter rulers I did not die and missions were pretty much a joke, same with Dungeons and Skimerishes.

Move up to level 60 and it changes. First, you level is stat clamped for each area. Second, mobs gang up on you, especially when someone runs by with ads following them. They stop on you if you accidently hit one and that means not only are you fighting your ads but all the ads the other player brought along with them. I died way more than I wanted to. Also I noticed my damage dropped quite a bit, it appears IL plays a bigger role from level 60+.

With that said, I did some researcher and respec my character, I have 2x since only because of the fact in RR some of your mission are in the Heroic Encounters. One time I was doing the mission and half way through it the HE started and I died by the adds getting the HE buff. The other time is a player pulled a group of adds near where I was standing waiting to go in after HE ended.

HE in 60-70 vs lower level. I can solo the first dragon no problem even with my level dropped to 30, but I cannot solo anything in the 60-70 area and maybe I could once my overall IL was in the 3K area.

Also Warlock and GWF are great at dealing damage and killing things fast. Try using a Devoted Cleric, my damage is a bit lower and takes longer to kill things. So I have to use self buffs and some heals to survive those fights.

I do have to state that my biggest gripe in game thus far have been seeing Oathbound Paladins and Guardian Fighters not using their tanking moves and simplying being a DPS. Than complaining when the healer goes down due to me pulling all aggro and getting targeted by all adds and bosses during a dungeon. Dodging has allowed me not do die but it is annoying when all enemies are ganging up on me with a defender type class in groups.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It definitely helps you to get a precise answer if you state your class and item level so people know where you're at.

But yes, as people have been saying it gets harder once you pass certain points. When you hit level 70 you will find areas that are a real challenge until you acquire the right gear.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    If you want a challenging content you picked the wrong game
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i honestly do not seek challenge without a reward for it.
    right now nw deserves no challenges.
  • symbolz#7926 symbolz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Umm what MMOs are more difficult leveling to level cap? I've played most decent MMOs and they are all mostly a breeze until endgame. I'm guessing you're just exaggerating and haven't actually had much experience with MMOs. Also you sound a tad ignorant because you didn't even state your level/class.
  • sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It's also been the easiest MMORPG I've ever played. Even with 2495 item level and running epic dungeons the only "difficult" part is when your gear (or the gear of your party members) isn't up to par. Sometimes a tank could be using the "wrong" skills which could cause some problems in certain scenarios. Other than just having gear, it seems really easy to learn the mechanics of everything.

The difficulty of the instances is more like Metin2's difficulty of killing mobs being based on which items you have rather than mechanics (no instances in Metin2). This game's instances are no where near as difficult as TERA but I'd say a little bit harder than the instances in Soul of the Ultimate nation because in those you basically just need to damage things and you get all the way through and there are no mechanics really.

People in this game always say that 60-70 is really "difficult" but I never found it difficult. Yeah, it takes more than it does per level to go from 1-60 but it doesn't seem very hard to me either way. I think the people who play this just haven't played any difficult MMORPGs or it's been so long they've forgotten what's considered difficult in other games. I got a little lazy when I hit 60 because it slowed down and the game was basically giving me a free ride from 1-60 which tuned my mindset into one of laziness.

Umm what MMOs are more difficult leveling to level cap? I've played most decent MMOs and they are all mostly a breeze until endgame. I'm guessing you're just exaggerating and haven't actually had much experience with MMOs. Also you sound a tad ignorant because you didn't even state your level/class.

Excluding private servers, Metin2 took several years of being the top PvE class and spending a ton of money in addition to this to even see it's first max level player. I see people complain in this game about "p2w" but they don't know pay to win until they've seen Metin2. All the biggest advantages of your character are based off spending real life money for an extremely low chance to roll stats on your items, to put it simply. Also the official servers are plagued with corrupt administration and poor business practices including admins getting busted with proof that they're selling gold to gold sites. They tell you it's bannable to give the impression to the player that it's a better deal than buying their itemshop points. That way anyone who buys itemshop points or gold contributes to the company. Even from level 1 you're given a bottom of the line sword and 5 tiny potions and you have to go up against mobs that are really really hard to kill. You can barely take 1 group of the lowest level mobs when you start off. It's much worse if you play a character like a mage or ninja than playing the other 2. The most hardcore of players (assuming they were new to the game and spent no money) would take weeks to reach level 35 (max level was 99). It took months for these people to reach the high 70s. You have to spend a lot of time working on your gear as well as your leveling and these two things don't really stack together giving you benefits and items as you level. There were no missions to grant you massive amounts of XP either, the entire level up process was grinding out mobs. There are a few missions that give you a little bit of XP but that wasn't why you did them, you did them because you wanted to unlock the later missions or get certain item rewards from them.
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls

• symbolz#7926 symbolz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ^ okay fair enough.. i never played metin2. I am curious though what other MMOs you think are significantly harder than this one one.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Yeah without your class we can;t really coment. A Paladin with oath of protection for example is god mode sue in terms of solo content.

Also yeah post 60 is brutal. Worst solo experiance ever. It still wasn't hard on my paladin but it was annoying. Ever mob pack virtually has at least on crowd control spammer so you spend 80% of your time either flat on your back, using your shift skill to negate the CC, or moving to avoid the splats. None of which is very compatible with actually doing any damage to the mobs.

The whole elemental evil campaign honestly feels like it was designed to be played in a group because the CC spam is classic group content "Tank must attract this or group wipes" stuff. Dealing with that kind of stuff when you don;t have dedicated DPS people holding your back however is not fun. And i'm dreading taking my GWF through there, my paladin so far has routinely out DPS'd my GWf in terms of solo burst capabilities and is a lot tougher than my GWF.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    GWF if built properly is actually pretty easy in pre 70 content once past a certain point with unlocking their skills. Unstoppable eliminates the problems of CC and they have good skills for softening up groups of targets.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Well yeah i figured once i get the destroyer capstone the survivability will go way up as thats GWF's only survival trick. But before that. ughhh, and thats not even getting into the DPS issues at low to mid levels. Again i'm sure as i unlock specific feats and such like it will go up. GWF strike me as a class as a whole that gets exponentiol gains from minor stats scaling because unstoppable frequency scales off your stats (especially with the capstone), and so ehc bit of stat boost your DPS and survival rates a second time above and beyond the basic buff of the stat itself

But this isn't a GWF revamp thread, i've a lot of thoughts on that TBH but this isn't really the place for it.

I just don't think the capstone is going to make up all the gap. Paladins are stupidly tough and bursty in solo PVE content.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • ultima#6175 ultima Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    malteth said:

If you run dungeons solo like I do, then it will become harder around level 60. Some of the Orc bosses can one hit kill you, so you have to start learning to move around more.