test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please explain the logic of Shocking execution..

13»

Comments

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    aderonz said:

well SE stands for its name, there is enough healing/DR in PVP right now that without SE and GFs burst power no one will die ...

Once you're at 3.5-4.x level I find smokebomb to be even more OP. Unless there are 2 TRs teaming SEs, I generally survive them and heal up before they can take another bite at the apple. With smokebomb you have an invisible foe AND you're immobilized.

I'd like to see both toned down and give the TR some bumps in other fight skills. I'm not a fan of nerfs, but it would be fine IF they got some bumps with the tone-downs.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    @morenthar
    Play warlock in PVP... you never know wich power to use since all if them sack at same level :smile:
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    morenthar said:

The problem is that is has completely mucked up node battles. I have a general rule about powers. If you feel you have to use a power, there is probably something wrong with the power(and likely problems with the powers you don't use.) On top of that, with recovery builds, it's nearly spamable.

No sane TR would think about leaving it out of their load-out. I would have to give it a bit more thought, but something needs to be done about it.

Thats the problem of all classes. Everybody have to use specific setup to play PvP. Its annoying but kinda logic - only pain is we have very few powers in our pallete to swap between. This problem touches even PvE. Everybody have useless encounters or even dailies and atwills. And devs are busy neverending list of fixes/new modules. I doubt they will rework useless skills ever.
    200_s.gif
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Shocking is only op with first strike, smoke bomb glitch, and fray. Rogue encounter powers hit for trivial amounts otherwise and probably the weakest class encounter power damage wise aside from hrs. The real problem is the fact that no one with 200k hp and insignia bonuses would ever die if it wasn't for the dunk. The amount of self healing on everyone combined with cleric buffs and dr abilities plus the op gift of faith turns 4k matches into node hockey.

What's troubling is the fact that only gfs and trs can get kills in the current game meta because they went overkill on self healing. Hit someone for half his health? No problem he is back to full in about 2 seconds. I'm all for making SE a finishing move but good luck using a finisher when no one is ever at half health. Anvil only works because GFs are op at present and hitting for much more than they should (will be a lot different come mod 10). Plus they can combo with stunning moves like crescendo and bull charge, which a rogue cannot (unless he uses the aforementioned glitch).

Lastly if a change goes through, GWFs also need a rebalance as well. Having immortal node trolls running around that can only be killed by one class isn't going to be very balanced when they can't be dunked anymore, especially when they are regaining health faster than you can damage them for. Bottom line class balances are coming for everyone. By now they are well aware of the issue and when the rogue review comes things will change.
  • hurshystain88hurshystain88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's so broken it's almost sad. I don't even feel bad about not giving my to arc anymore.
  • silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    This glitch people speak of sounds like SOD doing exactly what its supposed to do. If you smoke then go invisible and dunk, youll proc SOD and get hit after the initial hits are through. I can see the glitch being if you still gain the first strike bonus on the SE after using smoke, but SOD itself is not a glitch.
    Theyre all using the steel defense invincibility bug, thats why theyre so hard to kill. It'll be fixed sooner or later. Gwfs cant have it all.
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I don't get how any thread can end up in people complaining about GWFs, I don't even play my GWF and I'm finding that annoying. I thought this thread was to complain about TRs!! Lol
  • snypes2888snypes2888 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    null
    Ever play with a wizard or warlock with the owl bear pet and shadow demon? This game is far to beta. To call one move broken.. if you wanna spend time and money you can find a broken setup for any class.
  • chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    SE belongs in this game. A TR should have a burst finishing move IF executed with skill. I'm a TR. Before you grief... I'm a Whisperknife and don't use it. I die to it on occasion but don't particularly fear it as its not that hard to dodge. Most cheese builds that use it (most, not all... There are some top end TRs that are a complete package) are useless in actually helping their team win. I only pug and can't count the times I've been on the winning side and the losers have a TR with 14 kills and no deaths who did not a thing to aid a team victory.

Does it need to be fixed? Yup. Two issues:
    1. It needs to truly be a finishing move. It needs to be capped at a percentage of HP. I don't claim to know the right level of cap but let's say 75% of target HP. It should never be able to take out a full HP similarly geared toon.
    2. It needs to be a high risk high reward maneuver. If the TR executes it successfully, target dies or is severely injured. If the TR fails, then that TR should have a period of severe vulnerability. Perhaps slowed for 5 seconds, or stealth not available for a time, and SE on a fixed cool down, in any case severely gimped and open to retaliation.

Right now the cheese build can hide and spam and feel secure that in a few tries a bunch of kills will rack up. Put risk on failure into the maneuver and balance may occur.
    Everyone complained about permastealth rogues then ambush rings were invented. Mod 11 shocking executioner rings, you heard it here first.
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    TR encounter-atwill damage is too low, SE is the only way to kill a geared player....see at the end how SE finally gets the job done after a pointless fight where no one kill each other....

i want SE piercing damage nerfed but in return my damage boosted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG9gqdx-qOY
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i vote to make shocking execution based on %HP and not damage
    it can deal up up 50% of the TR hp at that time. if you kill you get shadow that deal same damge as you for 30 sec.

its might reduce TR deflect stacking as well
  • xvader99xvader99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    The logic of S.E is "no logic"