test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 9] Abandoned Great Weapon Fighter powers (Current State).

someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited July 2016 in The Militia Barracks
Abandoned/Underpowered/Overpowered Great Weapon Fighter powers.

Great Weapon Fighter is the only class in the game that has one playable path, Destroyer.
Almost all encounter powers, class features, feats are underpowered or useless if you want to build other two paths: Instigator (buffer/CCer), Sentinel (semi-tank), both of them are forgotten and broken.
Here’s the list of powers that are supposed to be reworked in my opinion.

Unclassified(Hidden) Class Feature:
  • Mark - Introduced in Patch_NW.25.20140728a.11
    Mark: Mark effects will now taunt foes briefly as well as place the player at the top of the threat list and are no longer removed when damage is received.
    Mark: Now provides 20% increased damage on the target for the Great Weapon Fighter.
Abandoned Heroic Feats:
  • Tier 3: Grit - needs a rework (fix/buff)
    Gain 1/2/3% of your Max Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you are Healed by a power. (40 second cooldown)
  • Tier 2: Fast Runner - needs a rework (swap for "stamina regenerates 3/6/9/12/15% faster")
    Decrease Stamina drain while Sprinting by 3/6/9/12/15%.
  • Tier 1: Unstoppable Action - broken, needs a fix/buff
    You gain 5/10/15/20/25% bonus Action Points for dealing damage while you are Unstoppable.
Abandoned/Underpowered Instigator Feats:
  • Tier 1: Fleet Footed - needs a rework. Sure, Great Weapon Fighter has few control powers like Takedown, Roar, Flourish/Frontline Surge, but they’re seldom used.
    Whenever you Control a target, you gain an additional 3/6/9/12/15% Run Speed for 3s.
  • Tier 4: Nimble Runner - needs a rework
    Sprint and Punishing Charge grant 2/4/6/8/10% Deflect chance.
  • Tier 6: Instigator's Vengeance - seems to be inferior to Destroyer's Purpose
    Your damage is increased by 10%. This value is increased by 10% each time you are struck in combat, up to a total maximum bonus of 50%. Instigator's Vengeance expires after 6 seconds of not getting hit.
Underpowered Sentinel Feats:
  • Tier 1: Unstoppable Recovery - needs a buff
    Activating Unstoppable now Heals you for 1/2/3/4/5% of your maximum Hit Points.
  • Tier 2: Grim Promise
    Crescendo reduces the damage your target deals to you by 3/6/9/12/15% for 10 seconds.
  • Tier 3: Countless Scars - idea is good but piercing damage nullifies effect
    Each time you are struck you gain 1% Damage Resistance for 6 seconds. This effect can stack 3/6/9/12/15 times.
  • Tier 4: Intimidation - nerfed in Patch_NW.45.20150317a.5
    Daring Shout and Come and Get It now deal 25/50/75/100/125% of your weapon damage, and generates twice that value as threat. In addition, affected become Intimidated and all of your attacks build 100/200/300/400/500% more threat against them.
  • Tier 5: Defiance
    Slam and Spinning Strike generate 5/10/15/20/25% additional threat and your Defense is increased by 5/10/15/20/25% while they are active.
  • Tier 6: Sentinel's Aegis - same as "Countless Scars"
    Increases the effectiveness of your Defense stat by 20% and causes Restoring Strike to Heal an additional 50% over 3 seconds. Unstoppable now grants 40-80% Damage Resistance when activated. Threat Generation is passively increased by 250%.
Underpowered Destroyer Feats:
  • Tier 3: Mighty Blade - Which powers are AoE (incomplete tooltips)?
    Your AoE Damage is increased by 2.5/5/7.5/9/12.5%.
Overpowered Destroyer Feats:
  • Tier 5: Focused Destroyer
    Destroyer now has a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to grant a stack when hitting any number of targets. Additionally Destroyer grants you .7/1.4/2.1/2.8/3.5% bonus damage per stack.
  • Tier 6: Destroyer's Purpose
    You now gain Determination by dealing damage, and Unstoppable also increases your Encounter power damage by 20%. When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 10). Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose increases your damage by 5%. Destroyer's Purpose lasts 25 seconds.
Abandoned/Underpowered Powers:
Class Feature:
  • Destroyer - hardbound to Destroyer
    Your huge swipes strike deep, increasing your damage every time you hit more than 3 enemies with a single attack. Stacks up to 3 times.
    Damage: +12% per stack
  • Steadfast Determination - one-way functionality; needs a rework
    Steadily gain Determination while in combat.
    Determination: +30%
  • Steel Grace (Swordmaster) - one-way functionality; needs a rework
    Your skills with weaponry increase, allowing you to migate the duration of Controlling effects.
    Buff: +30%
At-Will Powers:
  • Reaping Strike - Does anyone use it at all?
    Hold the button to prepare a powerful sweeping strike that grows in strength the longer you charge it up. While charging your swing, you gain more Determination from taking damage.
  • Threatening Rush (Iron Vanguard) - nerfed and abandoned Patch_NW.25.20140728a.11
    Note: "Threatening Rush: This power now has 3 charges which refresh every 9 seconds for GWF only."
    Rush to target and slam into them with a painful looking attack. Your target and those around it are temporarily Marked.
Encounter Powers:
  • Come and Get - hardbound to Sentinel
    It Pull your enemies towards you in a massive area around you, then gain a flat damage buff to your next attack within 3 seconds.
    Damage: +30%
  • Grand Fissure - no essential damage and little CC effect for 12s cooldown
    Range You create a fissure in the earth, damaging and slowing foes.
    Damage: +45%
  • Mighty Leap - hardbound to Instigator
    Leap to the target location, damaging those around the impact.
    Damage: +30%
  • Not so Fast - hardbound to Instigator
    Release a fast spinning slice to the legs of enemies around you, briefly Slowing them.
    Damage: +30%, Slow: +3s
  • Punishing Charge - needs a rework: while attacking, you are immune to control effects (just like a Crescendo, Flourish)
    Range Rush forward, passing through enemies and striking them along the way.
    Damage: +30%, Charges: +3
  • Roar - abandoned, over-nerfed in Patch_NW.25.20140728a.11
    Unleash a mighty battle roar in front of you, interrupting and pushing your opponents back, and building Determination for every target hit.
    Damage: +30%, Determination: +6%
  • Takedown - abandoned, over-nerfed in Patch_NW.25.20140728a.11
    Smash into your foe with your hilt, knocking your target Prone. If you fail to hit, the cooldown is reduced. This power Stuns players instead of knocking them Prone.
    Damage: +30%, Cooldown on miss: -75%
Daily Powers:
  • Spinning Strike - needs a rework
    Using the weight of your body against it, you swing the sword around you multiple times, cutting into foes around you, and increasing your Run Speed while active.
    Damage: +30%, Run Speed: +30%
Overpowered Powers:
Class Feature:
  • Trample the Fallen (Iron Vanguard)
    When a foe is affected by control powers, deal 20% more damage to it.
Encounter Powers:
  • Hidden Daggers
    You fling a series of hidden blades at foes in front of you. This power increases your melee damage for a few seconds. This ability also will move the fighter away from the target and give him some short ranged ability.
    Damage Buff: +40%
See also: List of known Great Weapon Fighter (Live) bugs.
Official feedback thread (M10 PTR): Great Weapon Fighter changes
Rimuru?
Dead 🔪
Post edited by someonedies on
Tagged:

Comments

• someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Permission required, you don't have permissions to read this $#!+
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User

Abandoned/Underpowered/Overpowered Great Weapon Fighter powers.

Abandoned Heroic Feats:

Tier 2: Fast Runner - needs a rework (swap for "stamina regenerates 3/6/9/12/15% faster")
    Decrease Stamina drain while Sprinting by 3/6/9/12/15%.

Should be called "Endurance Runner". I prefer being able to sprint farther rather than the increase to stamina regeneration, of which there are already numerous alternatives, like Elven Battle, Gladiator's Guile, the Gas Spore mount power, and the various campaign boons. Plus Battle Fury is already such a great part of any speed build. A buff would be nice, like 5/10/15/20/25% as that extra distance means getting to your target without running out of steam. :) (think Demogorgan, Tiamat, Dragonflight)

More fitting to the name "Fast Runner" would be an increase to movement based on a % of your Recovery, for example. I say Recovery, as opposed to Power, as that would be just too much fun with Cleric buffs. :)

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Destroyer underpowered? Threatening Rush? Spinning Strike? These are all top moves...
    masteroga said:

Destroyer underpowered? Threatening Rush? Spinning Strike? These are all top moves...

TL;DR?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    masteroga said:

Destroyer underpowered?

TL;DR?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • sunshine#4356 sunshine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Returning player and new to GWF, IV.

All I can say is that Threatening Rush feels useless to me.

1. It doesn't react fast enough in combat.
    2. The range is totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Half the time when clicking the mouse nothing happens, because you're waiting on the delay and with all the turmoil you don't hear it misfire, so you just stand there like an idiot. At the least make it a 30ft range to cover most enemies in combat.
    3. The tool-tip (before choosing paragon) should mention its range.

If it wasn't for the double mark I wouldn't use it at all.
    Post edited by sunshine#4356 on
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Returning player and new to GWF, IV.

All I can say is that Threatening Rush feels useless to me.

1. It doesn't react fast enough, making you waste charges.

2. The range is totally HAMSTER. Half the time when clicking the mouse nothing happens, because you're waiting on the delay and with all the turmoil you don't hear it misfire, so you just stand there like an idiot.

3. The tool-tip (before choosing paragon) should mention its range.

If it wasn't for the double mark I wouldn't use it at all.

IV is ok in PVP, but not that great at PVE. If you do mostly PVE, I'd respec to Destroyer.
    Yeah I guess. Or I stop playing it for awhile. They're working on gwf, so it might change for the better in the near future.

And I have to edit my earlier post. I thought I lost threatening rush charges after clicking it twice but that's not the case. If you click more than once before the move is completed only 1 charge is taken. So that's good.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    I play on xbox, so there's no failure of threatening rush. It can only be activated when it will hit.

Also if you're IV you don't have WMS so your only AOE is spinning strike or slam. Slam zooms the camera out (which lowers framerate and breaks indestructible frequently), making it risky.
    edited October 2016
    Yes, and that's exactly one of the problems. You can only activate it when it will hit. I mean it's good not to loose charges that way, but since the range is so short and the time it takes to activate when your in combat animation you'll just stand there like an idiot waiting for the move to kick in. What I talked about in my first post. If target is out of range you don't always realize that. The failure sound is muffled by the combat sounds. Plus, even if you hear it, you're often so foc-used on what's going on at the battlefield that it's not sinking in right away. You just don't always have the luxury to concentrate on this at-will. You need to be able to rely on a power, not clicking it 3x before realizing it's outta range, and most important not having to wait on the combat animation to finish. This is the biggest problem it has. But it's also cryptics answer to the complaints about it being op. So I'm probably discussing for nothing :)

At any rate. Either threatening rush should be able to work without target and with delay, or only on target and without delay.

I'm not having these issues with slam. Is that on console? I'm on pc and I love slam. Only daily that's fire and forget. You can keep dishing out while slam is doing its work. So currently (46) it's my favorite daily.

Yeah, to bad aoe powers better on instigator, but whatever. You can't have it all I guess. At least I will do better 1vs1 against bosses I recon.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Tier 4: Intimidation - nerfed in Patch_NW.45.20150317a.5
    Daring Shout and Come and Get It now deal 25/50/75/100/125% of your weapon damage, and generates twice that value as threat. In addition, affected become Intimidated and all of your attacks build 100/200/300/400/500% more threat against them.

I was reading the linked patch notes out of curiosity and noticed that in that patch they made unstoppable not reduce at will damage, did they ever change that back or have we got a tooltip error, as i keep hearing contradictory statements on unstoppable functionality.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin