test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Neverwinter Gym

stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
With the pending changes to many classes, it had me thinking.... I really wish that Cryptic would create a place, a 'Neverwinter Gym' if you will, where one could strip all their powers, feats, and the like to freely test out builds and against more than just dummies (multiple moving targets, test bosses, etc). If you tried to leave said 'Gym' with any changes, it would then prompt you for compensation (respect token).

To me, it is win win for each, Cryptic and the player:

For Cryptic: One of the reasons you see mass attraction to 1 build (barring broke mechanics) is because they read that it works somewhere, not because they, themselves, exhaustively tested multiple builds. Why is clear; it costs to change.

That said, it's perfectly fine that it costs; just let them test out builds and charge them at the door if they change. If not, they keep what they had. Hell, charge some modicum amout of diamonds to enter the gym if that makes it more palatable.

Another possible bonus would be that you are able to see (stats from the new gym) what people are doing \ choosing. It would help expose problem or broke mechanics quicker.

In the end, you could see more people purchase retrain tokens if they just had the chance to freely test out other options.

For the player: Many players are generally obtuse when it comes to playing their own class; they really have no clue about other paragon paths or the true legitimacy of their feat and power choices. How many times have you been in a party where you were detailing other options to someone about their own class?

With a 'gym', they will have the opportunity to learn every possible variation of their class and how it fits into their play style.

Post edited by stpensive on