test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

High Prophet

pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
My DC is 2.6k at the moment and I been waiting until I got to well over 3k before putting on my HP set.

I know I can just throw the set on now but with the lack of hit points I'm worried ill be super paper. What IL did you guys switch to high prophet? Any ideas/input welcome.
Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I don't think it has to do with iLvl so much as your stat distribution and play style. In addition, many of the most important factors don't even contribute to iLvl (companions, guild boons).

When I first put on my HP set, I had like 45K HP and under 2.5k iLvl. It was tough, but DCs have an amazing dodge immunity and faith / virt paths both have solid dmg mitigation and self-heals. I did end up stacking as much HP as I could with radiant enchants, HP reinforcement kits, and eventually a guild boon too.

It's tough when you first start out, but if anything it teaches you a lot about positioning / dodging. I would recommend putting it on earlier so you can start practicing. Besides, the buff is amazing and you'll likely feel the dps increase immediately.

Good luck!

Edit: While wearing the HP set you'll never quite be tanky. Even at 3.6k iLvL now I'm hovering around 100k HP which isn't enough to facetank anything significant. You have to employ similar strategies as with less HP, but with a little more room for error.
  • Options
    sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I have 44k health my high prophet on. I did stack radiants in my defensive and used health artifacts and reinforcement kits. Got up to around 85k. Thing is you're still squishy and die fast anyways so it's not worth it.

I don't stack defense either there's no point with such a little health pool. I use my guilds 8k life steal boon to constantly steal health. Even in Epic Demo I can survive with my HP set on, once you learn how to dodge PvE will be a breeze. Let's not forget astral shield is awesome, divine glow increases your DR and in divine mode decreases enemies damage.

Tl;dr 44k health is enough to do any group content with no challenge and I also can solo any daily without a problem.
    Post edited by sax1993 on
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • Options
    enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    In dungeons, yeah, you'll never be tanky enough as a DC with HP. Solo stuff, 70k HP and 40%+ DR is enough for you to survive WoD fairly well. I think raising defense helps out more once you reach a certain HP point, or at least that's what it feels like in my experience wearing HP.
  • Options
    LOL, I put my set on yesterday. I can def tell the debuff difference but I'm super squish and went from 2.7k to less than 2.4. HAMSTER oh well its fun anyways. Ill get some stats back at 2x RP.
  • Options
    it's funny because my guild invited me to a CN run, I dropped dead like 4 times lol. Its not like "oh shizz, Im dying" its like boom dead instantly.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

LOL, I put my set on yesterday. I can def tell the debuff difference but I'm super squish and went from 2.7k to less than 2.4. **** oh well its fun anyways. Ill get some stats back at 2x RP.

Welcome to the dark side. I think you'll find that this added difficulty will forge you into a fine DC player.

Like others have said, there's no way around being squish. That's part of the tradeoff.

Also like others have said, HP is better than defense until you're well over 100K HP (which you won't be).

• Options
    Yea its fun watching stuff melt so its worth it. Now if we can only get them to add debuff to the score board. Hate not being top something lol. L
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    I wear hp set 24/7. Without boons my alt dc die from the level 70 mobs, cuz im not using any tank pet. If all mobs zerg at me, i die. For my current main, i use 2 +4 lifesteal rings to make me reach over 20% lifesteal in combat. Based on my experience, once ur HP reach 60k line you can freely wear high prophet set with ease, things that one shot u (100k+ dmg) will still one shot u, but those who shouldnt should have no problem now. Actually 50k hp is also ok to wear high prophet, but it is a bit risky unless u have some sense on dodging, can kill all before u die or have tons of passive healing boons and item. I started to wear it at 40k hp, so i know what normal guys will face, just struggle a while and try not to take more aggro. Relax and try not to OT then u are fine.
  • Options
    Yea I been wearing it 24/7. I love it. The only problem is PUGS. I seem to be put with all lower IL players that would better benefit fro ma healer, lol.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    i would never pug queue a dungeon as a buff/debuff/dps cleric unless you know you can solo the dungeon in a pinch. i.e. MC/VT/ELoL. When others are pug queueing a dungeon they are typically wanting some heals
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkfPvtoTEI

With the right build, the lack of hitpoints is fairly irrelevant for DC. I am fairly sure freedom could have soloed it wearing HP set with his build, it would have taken downright forever though.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Well solo play in HP has been pretty easy with the exception of IWD and WoD. Now that i have 22.4k hp coming from my wizard workshop it has gotten a ton easier. I don't bother changing armor for IWD and WoD anymore
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016

With the right build, the lack of hitpoints is fairly irrelevant for DC. I am fairly sure freedom could have soloed it wearing HP set with his build, it would have taken downright forever though.

RIGHT build and mod 6-9 annointed champion cant be in the same sentence. Broken build are the correct words.
    Lets forget that. IF i want to play the wai paragon(divine oracle) how i will with hp?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

RIGHT build and mod 6-9 annointed champion cant be in the same sentence. Broken build are the correct words.
    Lets forget that. IF i want to play the wai paragon(divine oracle) how i will with hp?
    Empowered Astral Shield Mamal, the way I did in mod 6.
  • Options
    What are you qq about broken? Power sharing?
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

What are you qq about broken? Power sharing?

AA+Bonding+WoL looping among DCs.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I Have an alt annointed champion. THIS is one is very weak power so instead i cast hallowed ground since cannot play annointed army if i dont have summoned pet with bondings etc. and my team is weak too is not a reason again to cast army. I am saying this as advice in pug run i meet clerics give nothing with aa.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on