test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Find and Finish the Abominable Yeti Quest Bugged

checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
BUGGED: Part 3 of this quest is "finish off the Abominable Yeti." However, the Yeti never appears. In part 1, you fight the yeti on the wall, along with the wraith. In part 2, you track down the yeti outside the city. In part 3, you are to track him down and finish him off. But, he never appears. The large fish that is used as bait can be interacted with the F key, but the yeti never appears.
LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I can add some detail. At the second and third points of the quest, there are some waves of wolves and bears that need to be killed before the yeti boss appears. However, at the third point, these enemies can fall through the ground and disappear. I had to wait for the waves to reset and then kill them.

There's some terrain geometry bug that makes this quest very frustrating.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    two30 said:

I can add some detail. At the second and third points of the quest, there are some waves of wolves and bears that need to be killed before the yeti boss appears. However, at the third point, these enemies can fall through the ground and disappear. I had to wait for the waves to reset and then kill them.

I killed the waves of wolves and such at third point. I had to roam around and pull them in because they did not spawn anywhere near the activation of the third point. But, after going in circles for over 10minutes and kill as many waves as possible, no yeti.

• Options

two30 said:

I killed the waves of wolves and such at third point. I had to roam around and pull them in because they did not spawn anywhere near the activation of the third point. But, after going in circles for over 10minutes and kill as many waves as possible, no yeti. So, still a bug, if part of the wave disappears.

• Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I finally completed the Find and Finish the yeti in extended quest today shot today and turned it in. I don't know if it will have to be done again tomorrow or not.
  • Options
    bunchofrocks505bunchofrocks505 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    this particular terrainbug, occurs at one of the bandit-extermination quests too, i have the name not in my head offhand, you have to set a few banners on fire to spawn the barbarians, at least at two of the 4 spawnpoints the enemies fall through the ground or spawn below the terrain.

i thing the issue in here, is the very hill-y terrain, i cant name any other regions that have a similar terrain, while hotenow is a mountain, it is only steep, so the spawnregion only has to be tilted, here in bryn shander we have U-like terrains in spawnrregions, which might be the issue