test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PSA: Hold on to all your stuff and cross check the PC and Xbox markets for prices.

Right now the newer players on PS4 are posting things way too cheap, loosing a lot of potential money, stop posting your stuff for super cheap and cross check prices. I see a lot of stuff going for stupid cheap and it WILL go up in price potentially making all the plebs who ran over to PS4 from xbox and pc JUST to corner the market and be "wealthy", lol. Especially refinement.
Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

Right now the newer players on PS4 are posting things way too cheap, loosing a lot of potential money, stop posting your stuff for super cheap and cross check prices. I see a lot of stuff going for stupid cheap and it WILL go up in price potentially making all the plebs who ran over to PS4 from xbox and pc JUST to corner the market and be "wealthy", lol. Especially refinement.

It won't sell at higher prices. There is very little AD in the economy. They can hold for an unknown time or sell now to get what they want or need.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Of course it will, the economy will grow very quickly. Why do you think there are people buying everything up to sell later? The fact that third party diamond sellers can sell 1 mil AD for $20 the second day its out proves there is diamond in the economy.
  • synfidie#2120 synfidie Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I don't even have one of those silver things you need yet to post anything. I would think people would hold onto these items and sell them for when the hard launch occurs though and not during pre-launch when everyone has the things.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the things sell for so much on xbox and pc because there is money out there. people have been doing dungeon runs and saving their 2x ad and refinement and their professions for MONTHS.. the ps4 is MONTHS from joining them. the other factor that lets things be so expensive on other platforms is the months people have had to save for their vip memberships and the half off vip memberships that allow you to post things with no money lost. ps4 isn't going to see those high prices for a long time. some people will hold on to their stuff but they are going to run out of bag room. the economy is going to be very different than the other platforms for awhile. prices didn't jump on xbox until after a couple vip sales.
  • deadcellraamdeadcellraam Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Prices started off pretty high, but nobody wanted to pay 200k for a panther mount or 500k for a bear mount. I waited and prices dropped to about 40 to 50k a piece.

Refinement on the other hand, will skyrocket when people realize that all of those rank 8 or 9 gems and easy refinement points they got from the 20 enchanted keys in the starter pack aren't that easy to come by.
    sheer numbers and availability of ad will change that. I don't think anything is going to skyrocket for awhile.
    Sorry to hear that man, can you still purchase zen? lol J/k
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Prices started off pretty high, but nobody wanted to pay 200k for a panther mount or 500k for a bear mount. I waited and prices dropped to about 40 to 50k a piece.

Refinement on the other hand, will skyrocket when people realize that all of those rank 8 or 9 gems and easy refinement points they got from the 20 enchanted keys in the starter pack aren't that easy to come by.

Wish I would have known that. I had about 50 of them.

Now that I am understanding the game more I am holding onto various packs from the lockboxes and not using my rank 8 gems etc... Prior to level 25 I did some pretty stupid things. I noticed you can upgrade companions, what about mounts, is that possible or is it just companions?

Loving the game main story and dungeons. Much better design than DCUO.
    use your rank 8's. refine them in to each other. if you want to have a powerful toon capable of completing content having your enchants at least rank 8 or 9 is necessary! you can sell/trade enchants even if you've used them.
  • deadcellraamdeadcellraam Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The market is all over the place because the PS4 isn't controlled by it's own supply and demand flow yet. These new players are unfamiliar with how the system works. Plus, nobody is checking the Zen store for comparable conversions to the prices of Astral Diamonds/ Zen. Because of this, people are underselling and overselling items .

I've bought several Stones of Health for 2 or 3 thousand astral diamonds a piece. They sell for roughly around 1,200 Zen in the store. At the same time, I've seen someone selling an item that's in the Zen store for 1,000 zen, and demanding two times that value in Astral Diamonds...makes no sense.
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    its a new console and a new economy dont bring your garbage ideas that they should be the same across systems because if that was the case they would unify the servers and they didnt so keep a good working economy is way more important

its a new console and a new economy dont bring your garbage ideas that they should be the same across systems because if that was the case they would unify the servers and they didnt so keep a good working economy is way more important

Sounds like you may be profiting from the current AH noobness. Garbage ideas they should be the same? Where did I say they should be the same? The current noobs don't know the value of items, doesn't matter if its the same as a different platform of not, supply and demand work the same. The problem is people not knowing what things are worth and getting ripped off.
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    i havent worked the trading at all just know from play other mmos that a new fresh economy is way better to the player base than trying to make them the same as existing ones were people have money glitched and ruined the market. in the new system noone is getting ripped off as there is no supply and demand one because noone knows what they need yet and two there arent even enough players until tomorrow to get what you consider to be market values on specific items yet so people arent getting ripped off thats part of the learning curve

i havent worked the trading at all just know from play other mmos that a new fresh economy is way better to the player base than trying to make them the same as existing ones were people have money glitched and ruined the market. in the new system noone is getting ripped off as there is no supply and demand one because noone knows what they need yet and two there arent even enough players until tomorrow to get what you consider to be market values on specific items yet so people arent getting ripped off thats part of the learning curve

getting ripped off is a learning curve. Right...
    pr3stigex said:

getting ripped off is a learning curve. Right...
    No, it is supply and demand. Because the supply and demand is different on each platform the prices will be different. If anything, the PS4 should stabilize at prices near the Xbox, not the PC. They are not getting "ripped off" if they feel they got a fair price. Yes, they may have been able to get more at some future date, but for today, those are the prices that all players need to compete with if they want to sell.

PC prices are the ones out of whack. It will be a long time before Xbox, much less PS4 gets to those levels. Prices cannot be set based on PC prices.
    All I am saying is that the prices will eventually go up. People are posting things they don't realize they need or will be more in demand/valuable in the near future. The platforms economies may not be the same, correct. The general need for certain things is universal.
    lol it's supply and demand you seem to be having a hard time wrapping your head around it. prices on the xbox when the zen was consistently 150 to 200 were not that terribly far off where we are now. as zen goes up. the price of everything goes up. as the price of zen goes down the price of everythng goes down. (meaning ad to zen in game not real world prices) right now there is a real lack of ad in the market. tomorrow it's going to be worse. I'm banking on the zen to ad dropping in value as more players come in buying real world zen with no ad to support it's purchase in the trade market. (and literally I'm going liquid for it.)

right now prices on pc and xbox are near to 400 if not over 400 in trade.

the other real throttle on how much people are willing to ask for something (After being burned and not having something sell after asking a high price and a very very limited supply of ad to back it) is lack of vip. most people don't have vip at this point. when vip becomes more saturated in teh market prices rise because people can ask more without fear of losing money repeatedly listing something.

yeah the price of things will go up some day. but honestly.. not in the near future. a good portion of the players playing today... won't be playing by the time we see that happen. it's at least two months off and my money is around black friday when vip goes on sale for half off.
    Ok then answer this, is there or is there not people holding on to stuff they bought off the AH for super cheap until it goes up?
    pr3stigex said:

Ok then answer this, is there or is there not people holding on to stuff they bought off the AH for super cheap until it goes up?

Of course there is, but the reverse is also true and you do not understand that. Best example I think is that Greater marks (Stab, Union,Power) are selling for under 2000 each. The green versions however are selling for 10,000 to 20,000 each therefore ripping off other players using your logic.

Now, I'm going to use Xbox/ PC price. Should players should be listing the greaters for 3000+/1200 and the lessers for only 1000/500 or so? Of course not, if they can get more, they should. Some things will be higher and some will be lower.
    I do understand that but someone with previous knowledge like a PC or Xbox player who migrated would profit from scooping up all the greater marks and waiting until they go up, because they will. Double refinement is a month away.

Basically you just made my point, I'm not worried about green marks because those are inflated due to immediate demand. BUT the same players are selling greaters for super cheap because they don't know and/or are short sighted. They will need them soon and will sky rocket in price.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Market determines prices, it is called supply and demand. Basic economics people. As demand for an item rises, the price will rise.

I will use another game market item where typically after the game release a bundle with auras the common aura prices are well below 1million in game cash, sometimes as low as 100K. After 6-9 months those common type of auras go up to around 500K and in another 6 months they go up further to 1M. And as time goes on, prices continue to rise. The first rare and unique aura in that game sells for around 500 million on the low side and I have played with a player who paid over 1 billion for that aura. So, demand determines prices based on the number or lack thereof supplies.
    edited July 2016
    pr3stigex said:

I do understand that but someone with previous knowledge like a PC or Xbox player who migrated would profit from scooping up all the greater marks and waiting until they go up, because they will. Double refinement is a month away.

Basically you just made my point, I'm not worried about green marks because those are inflated due to immediate demand. BUT the same players are selling greaters for super cheap because they don't know and/or are short sighted. They will need them soon and will sky rocket in price.

I'm not sure how you think I made your point. If they had used PC prices as you recommended, they would have priced the greaters even lower and the lessers at a low rate and lost money.

There is no double RP on the PS4 calendar. That same argument applies to PC and Xbox, the price of those marks will be 10-20 times higher during Double RP on Xbox and PC, but for now they are low on all three platforms. Players on PC and Xbox are buying those marks to sell for profit at next double RP.

edited July 2016
    on xbox last month I noticed gmo'(p s and u) had dropped seriously. they were at like 60 70 before but dropped to 9-10k each. I bought 20 each and then double rp came and they didn't rise at all.

of course they didn't. I'd figured it out before double rp hit. they drop like candy from the new drop box. that lowered their value. they were rarish before. now they aren't. we have that same lockbox. I think they were even less money than I paid for them.