test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PSN Store Options

I'm UK based and Neverwinter hit for download here just after midnight so it's all downloaded and ready to go when they open the servers (I think it'll be around 4pm GMT if I've figured the time difference correctly).

There are a fair number of options available on the PSN Store though, so I wondered if anyone who has played the PC or XBone versions had any insight for us to help people pick and choose.

The first main option is the £15.99 early access (Onyx Pack) which nets you the game and headstart + a few goodies.

There's also these options (that I remember):

1. Astral Deva Companion
2. Heroes of the North Pack
3. Dragonborn Pack
4. Onyx Fashion Items (included in the Onyx pack or is this separate?)
5. Heirloom Items Pack
6. An undead horse mount
7. Various Zen options

Now the Heroes of the North Pack and Dragonborn pack are both priced around the region of a full price new game and give a bunch of items and access to the Menzoberanzen Renegade Drow race and the Dragonborn race respectively. I believe the Heirloom item pack offers decent weapons in the trek from levels 5-50 and a decent mercenary companion?

But any thoughts or impressions from PC/Xboners would be welcome. What's good, what's bad, what's good value etc.
imageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    orunitororunitor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Non. Except early access. Don't waste your money. It's all extra races. Or mounts or costumes etc.

You want to pay money for a person who does the exact same.thing but just looks different? Or real money for vanity clothes etc?

Tbh it's all it really is. Your game experience won't change if you buy it. And it won't change if you don't buy it.

Best option? If your game experience isn't going to change either way than save yourself money and get non of them.
  • Options
    gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Are there any screenshots for the Onyx Fashion Set around? The only thing I can see is the thumbnail image on the actual purchase option. No real screenshots to view what it actually looks like...

As for the cash shop itself, I've always liked the option to purchase cosmetic items. The main packs (Heroes & Dragonborn) are both easily the cost of a full price game, but then they do have some nice options in them. I really like the Spider mount from Heroes and the Dragonborn (+items) from the Dragonborn pack.

I think however that once I'm actually logged into the game I'll then take a look at the Zen store itself. Maybe they'll have some screenshots available to better help judge some of the things on offer.
  • Options
    onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Are PS store options like the Astral Deva and the Onyx clothes locked to one character or account wide?
  • Options
    I believe they can be claimed by any of the characters on your account from the reward claim vendor. I've picked up the Onyx fashion set and that at least can be and I'm sure the Deva would be the same.
  • Options
    thiagogitathiagogita Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Here in switzerland we have NOTHING
    Please fix it soon as possible. I need the dragon born race :wink:
  • Options
    arcath0arcath0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    gjrgamer said:

...Now the Heroes of the North Pack and Dragonborn pack are both priced around the region of a full price new game and give a bunch of items and access to the Menzoberanzen Renegade Drow race and the Dragonborn race respectively. I believe the Heirloom item pack offers decent weapons in the trek from levels 5-50 and a decent mercenary companion?

But any thoughts or impressions from PC/Xboners would be welcome. What's good, what's bad, what's good value etc.

Is there a way to unlock the races without buying them on the store?
  • Options
    archguruarchguru Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The documentation on the purchases leaves a lot to be desired. I can confirm the following.

The Astral Deva appears to be a one time, one character purchase. It is claimed from the zen store itself. Go down to the companions panel and it will appear as a one time free purchase after you buy it. It binds on equip. It is also repurchasable on the psstore for additional devas.

Onyx Kit is claimable by all characters. It is obtained from the reward vendor in the city hub.

Heirloom Kit is claimable through all characters. It is obtained from the reward vendor in the city hub.

Early start pack is claimable by all characters. It comes in the main upon creation.
  • Options
    arcath0 said:

gjrgamer said:

...Now the Heroes of the North Pack and Dragonborn pack are both priced around the region of a full price new game and give a bunch of items and access to the Menzoberanzen Renegade Drow race and the Dragonborn race respectively. I believe the Heirloom item pack offers decent weapons in the trek from levels 5-50 and a decent mercenary companion?

Is there a way to unlock the races without buying them on the store?
    Does not appear so. Races are the uber whale items
  • Options
    > @archguru said:

> The Astral Deva appears to be a one time, one character purchase. It is claimed from the zen store itself. Go down to the companions panel and it will appear as a one time free purchase after you buy it. It binds on equip. It is also repurchasable on the psstore for additional devas.

Do you mean you can download the purchase for other characters or you can flat out pay for more devas repeatedly?
  • Options

> @archguru said:

> The Astral Deva appears to be a one time, one character purchase. It is claimed from the zen store itself. Go down to the companions panel and it will appear as a one time free purchase after you buy it. It binds on equip. It is also repurchasable on the psstore for additional devas.

Do you mean you can download the purchase for other characters or you can flat out pay for more devas repeatedly?

I bought one deva from the store, but the psstore does not show the item as purchased. It still shows that I can buy it for 11.99. I have not tried buying a second one, but the way its presented it appears that I can.

It took me forever to find the claim in game b/c I expected it to show up at the reward vendor. If you want to be the guinea pig and buy another let us know.

Also, unlike the promotional page stated for the PC version, the PS version of the deva only comes with the pet and 1 defense upgrade token, nothing else.
  • Options
    > @archguru said:

> It took me forever to find the claim in game b/c I expected it to show up at the reward vendor. If you want to be the guinea pig and buy another let us know.

Haha I'll pass, he's cool and all but Im not spending that much on something thats locked to 1 character since I intend on rolling as another soon
  • Options
    ranatuorranatuor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    archguru said:

Heirloom Kit is claimable through all characters. It is obtained from the reward vendor in the city hub.

Just want to add to this -

There is a bit at the bottom of the pack info that mentions the following -

"This pack also includes:
    Mercenary Companion
    1 Extra Character Slot
    1 Retraining token
    1 Greater Bag of Holding"

You reclaim the bag on only one character, just like you would do the Astra Deva. So in any description info, if it says "1" against any item then don't expect it on all alts.

Ranatuor Erutaron (Wood Elf Hunter) | Lilith ( Halfling Warlock) | Fafnir (Dragonborn Paladin)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.”
  • Options
    ranatuorranatuor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    archguru said:

Just wanted to clarify something on this.

On the Playstation store there is a second part to the Heirloom Kit which states
    archguru said:

This pack also includes:
    Mercenary Companion
    1 Extra Character Slot
    1 Retraining token
    1 Greater Bag of Holding

Please note, that Bag of Holding can only be claimed by one character, just like the Astral Deva. It's not across your account, hence the "1" along with the item name.

Ranatuor Erutaron (Wood Elf Hunter) | Lilith ( Halfling Warlock) | Fafnir (Dragonborn Paladin)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.”
  • Options
    deadcellraamdeadcellraam Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Dragon Born Pack: All characters can claim the bag, dragon slayer ring which grows with you as you level, fashion items, and artifact. Only one character can claim the boons, enchantments, and overload enchantments. But they can be traded between characters and other players. The dragon race is ugly, but you can add 2+ stats to any two stats you wish. The bag is handy and so are the ring and artifact.

Heirloom Pack: All characters can claim everything, but only one character can claim the bag. The mercenary companion is a beast. The antique weapons, clothes, armors, and accessories are pretty decent and should keep you up to par before hitting Lv. 60 The is a decently priced pack compared to the others

The Hero's of the North Pack: Pretty decent pack and can be claimed by all characters. You get a spider mount that has 110% speed, equip ability of 2000 power, fashion, and a locked box that unlocks at level 60 gives you level 60 weapon with a removable weapon enchantment for your class. . Can be claimed by all characters

Mounts are account wide and can be claimed through the Zen store with every character

Bags and Companions can't be reclaimed and bind on equip.

The undead mount is alright and is only 500 zen on it's own in the Zen store. When you use the jump command while idle, it coughs out flies.
    Post edited by deadcellraam on
  • Options
    There is an experience bundle too on the Zen store. Gives you a Rare-level shirt and pants. These will automatically advance with your level so you can keep them on as you level up. The two of them together give you a 20% increase to exp (which coupled with VIP gets you a 30% exp buff). This can be claimed on each character you create - however, unlike the other bits which show up on the reward vendor, this item has to be "bought" (for free) off the Zen store in the Services tab.