test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class balance is coming next week or so!

durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
Im not sure if we are getting a nerf or a buff, but i think it would most likely be a nerf.

hurray for more rants!

hopefully not nerfed too much into mediocre dps, as it is fun melting t1 and t2 mobs even without a dc or gf to accompany us.

But as always, (non ranting) people can adapt. :)

Comments

• Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I just pray it's a fix to the archery and combat trees but we all know that "fix" and "balance" really just mean Nerf.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm honestly not too worried. I can see them lowering Thorned Roots a bit, while increasing At-Will and Encounter Damage, apart from Cordon/Growth.

I'm thinking slight up-tunes on the Archery and Combat trees, like no longer requiring Archers to keep distance and being penalized by missing out on other buffs, and having the at-wills slightly boosted in damage, while Thorned gets tuned down a bit, thereby leveling the playing field between the three trees. But, really, I don't expect much. Something along the lines of a Hawk Eye fix.

I'm seriously hoping the Devs dont react to the bad rep the HR is getting, though. I've been pugging quite a lot, lately, and I'm suprised at what people expect from a HR. Performing well as a HR surprises a lot of people. I've seen people call HR a 'useless' class, as they consider it just above the OP when it comes to damage. Sure, Archery and Combat could probably use some love, but I'm hoping they don't make the Trapper a god amongst men - Yes, Lou, we both know it already is, but shhhh - resulting in a massive nerf next balance pass.

What I'd like to see, though, is having everyone severely cripped in their damage potential - as yes, I think players are capable of too much - but that doesn't go over well. And yes, that also includes HR.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    yeah! looking forward to trying other trees if given a respec token and overall change in feats/encounters. And yes i also dont like us to be really a god as i like that gwfs have that issue to deal with haha
  • Options

I don't find the HR overpowered at all. Useless at-wills and squishy as anything. Freaking A-man. I hope combat and archery get overhauled. Trapper is the only thing that gives an HR the chance to hang with the big dogs.

If i told you i have a friend HR who is using combat and is on par(can do higher/lower really closely) with my damage as a full trapper, would you believe me?
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @krazydog#1509 I run with you sometime this week, I'll show you why some people think we are OP.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Knowing Cryptic as we do and the fact that they've ignored HRs since nerfing us senseless in mod 4, I can't say I expect anything good. As difficult as it would be to make us weaker in pvp I'm afraid they'll find a way. I also hope they don't give us a permanent no-skill overbuff like they handed out to TRs in mod 5. I suppose I'll try to be patient.
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Truth be told Im expecting some long needed damage buffs for pvp as well as some PVE tweaks to a few paths. VS other classes we are far from BIS due to we were so heavily nerfed in previous mods. The over all opinion of the HR class is we are useless due to 98% of the HR really don't understand the class and dps and survivability are low @ level 70. Those saying CC nerfs are wrong with advent of elven battle all BIS are immune to CC and take no root damage after ist tick so HR roots are only good vs newer players and pug groups
  • Options
    gilbertojhungilbertojhun Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I dont think HRs will be nerfed. Maybe less control to trapper on Pvp... on Pve trappers still has low dps compared to other classes, some people dont even invite us due this condition, expecting poor damage from us. Well geared and rank 12 bondings can provide decent damage on dungeons but nothing special, dps still lower and as a trapper gotta take the risk to get close on melee. The problem are the other trees, combat tree cant survive on melee, has low dps and cant offer buffs or other benefits to the party; archery should do the highest dps and the lowest damage resistance, also be capable to benefit from party members buffs even keeping the distance. Hope they show some love to the class and dont make it over or undepowered, just balanced and useful.
  • Options

I don't find the HR overpowered at all. Useless at-wills and squishy as anything. Freaking A-man. I hope combat and archery get overhauled. Trapper is the only thing that gives an HR the chance to hang with the big dogs.

If i told you i have a friend HR who is using combat and is on par(can do higher/lower really closely) with my damage as a full trapper, would you believe me?
    this I believe true test is run 2 dungeons ist VT combat can top chart all short encounters or broken up longer encounters so combat quick burst shows as top shelf due to fast items and feats produce large dps . 2nd drop in to ETOS and longer combat has weak areas with low dps\. this is due to NW is set up for DPs runs and all High powered Items and feats are for short burst and then the cool downs hit.
    Ara
  • Options
    jhpnw said:

this I believe true test is run 2 dungeons ist VT combat can top chart all short encounters or broken up longer encounters so combat quick burst shows as top shelf due to fast items and feats produce large dps . 2nd drop in to ETOS and longer combat has weak areas with low dps\. this is due to NW is set up for DPs runs and all High powered Items and feats are for short burst and then the cool downs hit.
    Ara
    we ran a couple of edemo and CNs, even in tiamat.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Just read some of the interim patch notes following testing by some on the preview server and by the look of it, I see nothing that will improve either my Archer or Combat HRs. While it is nice that Aimed Shot will no longer be interrupted by damage, I still don't see it out-performing Rapid Shot for me. Only good change I seen so far (after years of asking) is the increase of the radius for Rain of Arrows.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options

jhpnw said:

Ara
    we ran a couple of edemo and CNs, even in tiamat.
    You need to put me in touch with this person so I can wrack their brain for useful tidbits.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    lirithiel said:

You need to put me in touch with this person so I can wrack their brain for useful tidbits.

With these useless changes in the HR, if they dont change more and just keep things as it is, then a video will be on the way soon ;)

• Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    i think they just make archer more efficient in boss fight with aim shot change..probably giving archer a chance in pvp too ( well..not a pvp guy so not very sure..might go pvp again since mod 6 retirement haha)

just tested hawk eye in pts..now hawkeye no longer work with at-will..(mean no more aimed shot burst)..tho it give hawkeye proc more than once for 5 sec on encounter..might be useful for power like gushing and RoA or thorn..its also wont limit to one encounter only..that mean it could proc on multiple encounter at once..u can have hawkeye proc for ROA and gushing all at the same time..seem interesting..
  • Options
    krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kangkeok said:

i think they just make archer more efficient in boss fight with aim shot change..probably giving archer a chance in pvp too ( well..not a pvp guy so not very sure..might go pvp again since mod 6 retirement haha)

In PVP any skill taking longer than 1sec (which is already too much) is useless, you need instant skills to have a chance, since players will shift and dodge, as they aren't stupid bosses staying still on place waiting for you to be hitted, which still means that aim shot is still HAMSTER as before the "change" :smile:

GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'd believe it's not last changes on preview server but i can't. Seriously, where is sense in changing Ambush? Bear trap is used to catching goats. For ambush i wasn't able to get usability. We waited that a long time for changes and we got that HARDLY IMPROVING CHANGES? I though that this analysis what you making since module 7 was enough to understand your mistakes. Anyway they again messed up something with Swiftness of the Fox and might permadaze is going exist in module 10. Problem is that, you need be close to your allies to stack Fox Cunning to not lose cooldown on meele encounters lol.
  • Options
    what they are going to say is they made archer a viable path now you will slot cordon or long striders/ gushing (improved damage) , rain of arrows( improved area and damage melee side) split the sky?? So use split shot (better damage) and aimed shot( cant be interrupted ) with cold steel Hurricane ( 40% more damage ) as your major Damage dealer. by rooting in split the sky we will have to see what gives there so lay down split the sky drop cordon then rain of arrows for mobs. LNGSTRIDERS, RAIN OF ARROWS, SPLIT THE SKY FOR BOSSES AND COLD STEEL H .Of course how you will survive if you don't kill every thing beats me.

For PVP no roots on binding takes away our perma stun so trapper was nerfed for pvp again. nothing done will help HR in PVP arena just hurt us . other things done are not even used by HR due to long cast times and those things are not usable in PVP. some overhaul!!!!
    Ara
  • Options
    The animation for Split the Sky (and so many of our other encounters) is still way too long for me to consider using again. If nothing else changes from what has been dug up on preview, I will stick with RoA, Longstrider's and Cordon/TW. Even with the buff to Gushing Wound I can't see myself using it much if at all. My guess is that Rapid Shot (with MH feature) will still be better damage overall than Aimed Shot.

BTW Split Shot has not been buffed - it's the melee version that they tweaked.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    just tested binding shot..it still apply strong root but there is no root tick..i think it maybe a bug..the developer must be informed about this...
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I've played a lot of mmos over the years, and player's views of how the game should be compared to developer's views have always been a point of contention.

Neverwinter, for some reason, is even more of a disconnect between the two. Very odd.

On the bright side, there are no ITF-sized nerfs to us!
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • Options
    Thanks @sharpedge *thumbs up*
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    If you want us to stop using Pathfinder. Make Blade Storm work correctly. Currently Plant Growth, and any daily used in melee except Forest Ghost will not proc with Blade Storm. Leave Plant Growth targeting alone we need to be able to cc that many adds. CW and SW all have capless AoE abilities. Don't put charges on Steel Breeze either that wont interact with our CD feats.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Nerf hr's perma stun and tr's 1 hit kill in pvp then we can start talking about class balance.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    tbh permadaze doesn't even exist with elven battle atm