test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lag in Summer Festival

bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
... nvm, this might just be my internet provider, although other international sites are working fairly well.

Comments

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Or, it a route between you and the game specifically. Given the nature of the internet you can have flawless high-speed connections to one site, yet laggy terribad speeds to another site. It all depends on the routes being taken and if any hardware on that route is misbehaving in some manner.

Sometimes simply disconnecting and reconnecting can help. Or, if the problem is with your ISP, and they are big enough, sometime re-provisioning your IP address can get you onto a different subnet and improve your route.

As I can't see your original post I can't provide much more feedback on any specific issue you may be having. I would also mention that game server-side lag may occur as well due to the larger number of people playing the game. Sometimes switching to an instance with fewer people can help with lag. This can also help if the lag is client-side as it helps reduce the amount of processing your computer has to perform.

Good luck with your lag issues and I hope you enjoy the Summer Festival! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    Thanks @samaka#2511 , I appreciate the feedback. I had suspected all those things as the source of the lag (which was essentially either server-side or routing); but it is interesting that it has all since gone away and I am back to normal (which is about a 300 ping) because this doesn't help point to the server (which could have been overloaded on the weekend), or to the routing (which could have since been remedied by the respective provider). Just need to suck it up! :smile: