test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Festival Query

The Summer Festival is live currently on pc and Xbox. Will it be coming to PS4 too and will it be extended as official ps4 launch is 19th July?

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'll try to get an answer to this, but more than likely, I don't think they will launch with the event, due to the fact that it would cause a lot of confusion.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I'm hoping it will be in early august.
  • spookymoo#7778 spookymoo Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Tbh quite pleased it's not coming over on launch I have given up with it on Xbox the last day or two. I do not have a hope in getting anything even halfway decent. Tomorrow I will be mainly on PS4 - levelling
  • tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I'll try to get an answer to this, but more than likely, I don't think they will launch with the event, due to the fact that it would cause a lot of confusion.

I really hope you're wrong. I looked over the previous event durations and figured that even if you started on the 19th you had at least a slim chance at earning a Water Horse (+80%) mount. Granted you would likely have to play every day from launch to the end of the event, but at least you would have a shot at it, plus any other goodies you managed to acquire.

Being the appearance gear collector that I am, I was looking forward to being able to try for at least a couple of the earn-able clothing and weapon transmutes. Having to wait a whole year for just a shot at the items would seriously suck, especially since the event is announced in various places across the web.

As for confusion, in my opinion, not having the event on PS4 would be more confusing that any short lived new player in-game confusion about how events work. Unless we are going to have a Valindra's Invasion to kick off the launch in place of the summer festival (highly doubtful), I think using "confusion" as an excuse would be more than just a cop out, it would be an insult to the intelligence of the majority of the platform's player base.

If the intention is to have a simple launch with minimal potential issues then they should just be upfront and say so. I think if it's stated something to the effect of, "We know a number of you would like to participate in the Summer Festival this year. However we wanted to ensure as smooth a launch for our PS4 players and as there is additional code that gets added and removed to enable this event, which we didn't want to risk adversely affecting the launch of the game onto the console, so unfortunately the event will not be available this year for our PS4 cousins. blah, blah, blah.." Just being as honest as possible upfront would go a long way to building initial positive customer experience.

But, I'll just shut up now. Just wanted to put my two coppers out there. Anyhow, looking forward to start playing.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

That mean you will be on PS4 also? Might see you around. Promised my Great-nephew I would help him if it ever came to PS4. PS4 handle is same as Xbox except a dash "-" between the name and numbers
  • kablanka1kablanka1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Ya early aug. would seem to be in the best interest of all the new players.. to experience the festival and all it rewards.
    I myself love to collect mounts and its a great way to get my paws on a few right out the gate. -.^
    zephyriah said:

That mean you will be on PS4 also? Might see you around. Promised my Great-nephew I would help him if it ever came to PS4. PS4 handle is same as Xbox except a dash "-" between the name and numbers
    yes add me, thefiresidecat is my ps4 GT. I'm actually classically a ps4 enthusiast. I expect it's likely my time on neverwinter xbox is over. I"ll add you too.

kreatyve said:

I really hope you're wrong. I looked over the previous event durations and figured that even if you started on the 19th you had at least a slim chance at earning a Water Horse (+80%) mount. Granted you would likely have to play every day from launch to the end of the event, but at least you would have a shot at it, plus any other goodies you managed to acquire.

Being the appearance gear collector that I am, I was looking forward to being able to try for at least a couple of the earn-able clothing and weapon transmutes. Having to wait a whole year for just a shot at the items would seriously suck, especially since the event is announced in various places across the web.

As for confusion, in my opinion, not having the event on PS4 would be more confusing that any short lived new player in-game confusion about how events work. Unless we are going to have a Valindra's Invasion to kick off the launch in place of the summer festival (highly doubtful), I think using "confusion" as an excuse would be more than just a cop out, it would be an insult to the intelligence of the majority of the platform's player base.

If the intention is to have a simple launch with minimal potential issues then they should just be upfront and say so. I think if it's stated something to the effect of, "We know a number of you would like to participate in the Summer Festival this year. However we wanted to ensure as smooth a launch for our PS4 players and as there is additional code that gets added and removed to enable this event, which we didn't want to risk adversely affecting the launch of the game onto the console, so unfortunately the event will not be available this year for our PS4 cousins. blah, blah, blah.." Just being as honest as possible upfront would go a long way to building initial positive customer experience.

But, I'll just shut up now. Just wanted to put my two coppers out there. Anyhow, looking forward to start playing.

Im absolutely sure that they'll have it on ps4 it just won't run congruently with the xbox and pc. still will run the same amount of time. last year the xbox had their summer fest a couple weeks later than pc. it was still a complete 3 week event. I'm hoping it drops in august giving people enough time to get used to the game a little and get an idea of what they want before springing the summer fest on them too.
  • tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User

Im absolutely sure that they'll have it on ps4 it just won't run congruently with the xbox and pc. still will run the same amount of time. last year the xbox had their summer fest a couple weeks later than pc. it was still a complete 3 week event. I'm hoping it drops in august giving people enough time to get used to the game a little and get an idea of what they want before springing the summer fest on them too.

Hope you're right.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately, PS4 will not be getting the Summer Festival at all this year.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    well that is a MAJOR bummer
  • animereaper40#6124 animereaper40 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    dang was hoping we would of got it

IGN:Jekyll-GF-il 1890
    IGN:Echo-GWF-il:2570(main)
    IGN:Jenkins:DC-buff/debuff-il 2020
    IGN:Ham Solo-OP Tank-il 1850
    IGN:Barney Fife-HR
  • ranatuorranatuor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Shame, that would have been a nice introduction into the game (and to get some cosmetics), but I can understand the reasons with so much to do on release and potential for overload.
    Ranatuor Erutaron (Wood Elf Hunter) | Lilith ( Halfling Warlock) | Fafnir (Dragonborn Paladin)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.”
    yeah the summerfest is a great noob event. its what got me hooked on xbox originally
  • ranatuorranatuor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I think I had a go on the Summerfest on the PC last year, was curious about a D&D MMO
    Ranatuor Erutaron (Wood Elf Hunter) | Lilith ( Halfling Warlock) | Fafnir (Dragonborn Paladin)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.”