test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A couple of questions regarding Oath of Vengeance and Shield Strike

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Hey folks,

I was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions I have regarding Oath of Vengeance and Shield Strike, namely:
1) Does Oath of Vengeance still proc Echoes of Light, and, if so, does it make for a viable alternative for Aura of Wisdom if playing solo?
2) Why doesn't any guide ever seem to recommend the At Will-Shield Strike? Every guide seems to recommend Valorous Strike even though Shield Strike hits harder and creates a Shield? Is it because it does create a Shield so you don't get the Power bonus as you take damage?
3) Speaking of which, does damage to your temp hit points (from Templars Wrath) count towards your power generation, or do you have to dip into your original hit points first?

Thanks for any clarification.

Fat E

Comments

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    OK. So apparently Oath of Vengeance no longer procs Echoes of Lights as it is no longer marked as an at-will; even if it did, Echoes now only has a chance to proc every 15 seconds.....
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I am using shield strike when the party is low on aggro but when i have to compete with a dps gf and 2 tank pets i am tempered to switch, and afaik temp hp hits give you the power as i am 99% of the fight n yellow hp.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Hi, I'll try and answer you questions.

1) This bug was fixed already so there's no point in using aura of vengeance anymore. Replacing aura of wisdom is out of the question anyway since it is by far your most powerful aura, extremely useful for you but also useful for most of your team-mates. You may however consider replacing aura of courage by aura of truth if you or your team are taking too much damage.

2) I didnt check them just now but as far as I recall all guides recommend shielding strike. It has the highest DPS of all 3 single target at wills and the shield it provides actually makes a difference when tanking. Considering that you probably already have 80% DR most of the time, the buff from valorous strike wouldnt have any effect.

3) That's an interesting question, I've never payed attention to it myself. In any case, however, I doubt that anyone would give up on Templar's Wrath to get a bit more power. It is the only encounter that never leaves my toolbar.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Edit for 3) :

I tried it and you do get the power boost when you have more temporary HP than the amount of damage you are taking.

It also works when under the effect of Binding Oath (damage absorption).