test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Foundry Is (Temporarily) Back!

samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
edited July 2016 in The Foundry
I was changing characters and noticed the button for the Foundry is no longer greyed out... so I clicked it...

Welcome to the Foundry popped up on my screen for the first time ever!

Woo hoo! Lets go create quests! :D
@samaka#2511
Post edited by samaka#2511 on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Its better, but its not back. This is just temporary.
    terramak said:

As for the Foundry: The republish process has gone relatively smoothly. There are a couple remaining featured projects that we'll need to look into, but we have temporarily enabled the Authoring tools again. (This is on the live server, not Preview!)

Publishing is disabled until the larger-scale republish finishes. We're hoping to enable publishing soon (possibly next week) if the temporary Authoring uptime turns out not to have any major issues.

EDIT: Authoring looks relatively stable so far, so we're likely to leave it active over the weekend. More Foundry projects should be showing up in the Catalog as the republish process continues. Thanks all, and have a great Celebration of Lliira!

• Options
    Well at least I get a chance to play around with the authoring tools! :)

Hopefully the system remains stable and they can leave the tools back online!

Thanks for the update @sockmunkey I probably should have checked around for more information, but I was just too excited! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Nice to see foundry worked upon, i liked the idea of it alot, having played quite a few nwn maps from the community there and was hoping for the same here.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Something is better than nothing, I even peeked in at my projects before work this morning. Thanks @terramak for the hard work.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @samaka#2511 I moved this to the Foundry forum.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Okay, though I figured it may have still been appropriate for the general chatter forum as was intended as more of an announcement about the status of the Foundry rather than a focused discussion about the Foundry itself! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    The whole process will be more fast if they would listen to us and get rid of the "fast review quests"... but you know how this works...

@terramak Is there a way to make you all understand that the "Fast review ****" foundries are an exploit AND a cancer for the foundry catalog? Thank you.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    What I don't understand is why they don't just update the Terms of Service to state that any Foundry creations that are specifically designed to be "shortcuts" to actual game systems, like foundry achievement completions, are exploits and will not be allowed.

Then, in my opinion, from that point forward ban people who create such quests from the Foundry only and also bar anyone from the review process who rubber stamps such quests. As a new player I really don't understand why these types of quests were even allowed in the first place, to be honest!

I would imagine this would clean up the catalogue in a hurry, hopefully leaving behind just quests with actual content. It may also be nice to add some revision control to the catalog so there aren't multiple versions of the exact same quest in the catalog as well!

I really hope the Foundry is back to stay... right now my partner and I are working on the storyboarding of a prologue quest to introduce our eventual campaign quest line! Wish us luck! :D
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    OMG SQUEEEEE!!! So excited! Best news of the holiday weekend! Thanks guys for not giving up and doing what you can!
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)