test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes in PVP rewards

lordgijoelordgijoe Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I feel that PVP should be more active on Xbox. The rewards need to be worth playing. By doing this Arc will receive better profits causing players to seek out new gear and refinement, so why not. Make the leader boards more clear on how the ranking system works, if not change it for the better. Also provide weekly rewards based on ranking; i.e. Gold/Silver/Bronze - Brilliant Diamond/Blood Ruby/Flawless Sapphire. Maybe even throw something unique in there such as a random goblin that spawns mid game 1/100 chance and if you kill the goblin he drops a coalescent ward, but here is the catch... It is free for all pick up (first grab gets it). Randomly stopping the match causing people to fight over the drop. Lets make PVP fun!

Changes in PVP rewards 6 votes

Keep the same PVP setup.
16%
pr3stigex 1 vote
Spark up PVP with new directions and ideas like fireworks in the 4th of July.
83%
pureacousiclordgijoejaddie#6173theguiidocrazycupcakes64 5 votes

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It's not the rewards that have decimated the pvp player base, it's the inequality. I played a lot in mods 5 and 6 and there used to be a lot of players.

Players (including me) have abandoned it because unless you go in with a well geared premade it's a truly disheartening experience.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • lordgijoelordgijoe Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Spark up PVP with new directions and ideas like fireworks in the 4th of July.
    Think of PVP as endgame content. PVP teams need to be put together well with top gear. PVP is not for ungeared pick up groups. If your gear is bad, work for better gear. If your teams are bad, join a PVP guild and group together. Its not meant to be easy.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Actually it's meant to be fun. It's a game not a career choice - and if it's meant to be end game then why do they encourage players to get into from the very beginning?

I pvp'd in mod 5 & 6 and have over 6k pvp kills. That was before the drains & rings, there were inequalities but not as bad. There's no point in trying to defend it, the player base has mostly abandoned it, most of the well known dedicated pvp guys have left and it's a shadow of what it was.

The funny thing is I remember reading a few forum posts from about a year ago that predicted it'd go this way.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I have not voted because for me the answer is something else. I don't like the PVP boon system. Or is it that because the PVP population is dying some of them are hard to get eg GG and IWD, and some of them are tough anyway if you are not DPC class.
  • xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I think they should add Flags to the daily win. Currently the siege is extremely painful with the broken companions. I also agree that the premade teams make pugging it a painful experience as well as trying to team up with guilds that do not have higher boons. It's not even a matter of being at a disadvantage. It's a matter of not even getting a point to have the match count.

I'm not even going to get into the drain issues. Those should have never been introduced into the game, imo.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Keep the same PVP setup.
    Don't waste any effort on PVP it's bad. Needs complete overhaul to make actual skill relevant. Rather them focus on PVE and existing issues. lol
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.