test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [6/30] - COMPLETE

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Update 9:30am: Maintenance is complete.

Update 8:45am: Due to a few issues, maintenance has been extended until 9:30am. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Neverwinter will undergo maintenance on 6/30 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours.

Patch notes can be discovered here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10050293-patch-notes:-nw.62.20160613a.4

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Thanks, Strum. By the way, don't let the lack of dev updates on the Foundry get you down. Even something like, "they're still actively working on it; it isn't going away" is huge.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Let the events begin!!!
    :smiley: null
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Thanks to the quartermaster changes refinement will be even more expensive, yay. The 'small' difference between quartermaster and dragonhoard/fey enchant is, that you dont need to spent millions of AD, to make the later ones viable.

It would really be interesting to know, if they did this on purpose or are just THAT incompetent.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The earlier comments disappeared. Bummer. I had a funny reply to someone's post ready to go. Well at least it was funny to me. :)
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    rgladiato said:

The earlier comments disappeared. Bummer. I had a funny reply to someone's post ready to go. Well at least it was funny to me. :)

Big Brother is watching.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Quartermaster, bait and switch again. This is flat out illegal. Go ahead and spout off about disclaimers or whatever. You have already lost a large portion of the player base and this will continue if you continue to treat your customers like this.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I'm not sure where to post this, but is anyone else having trouble getting into the game? It happened to me once last night and today I've tried 3 times already and can't get in. I get as far as the character selection page (full screen), which then has no minimize buttons at the top and I haven't found a way to get out of that screen other than to shut down the computer and try again. None of the selection buttons on that screen are working..can't choose a character, can't minimize, can't log out. Just a frozen full screen. Control/alt/delete briefly tries to activate, but is immediately overridden by the full screen character selection page again. Frustrating! :(
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    @shiani1 Sometimes the best thing to do is leave an empty Notepad document open on your desktop, then when you try to alt-tab or ctl-alt-del it will have something else to focus on instead of the game taking control again. Does alt-enter not work to toggle full screen mode either when you are having this issue?

As I saw you in-game I am guessing you solved the issue, however? :)
    @samaka#2511
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2016

@shiani1 Sometimes the best thing to do is leave an empty Notepad document open on your desktop, then when you try to alt-tab or ctl-alt-del it will have something else to focus on instead of the game taking control again. Does alt-enter not work to toggle full screen mode either when you are having this issue?

As I saw you in-game I am guessing you solved the issue, however? :)

Thanks! I'll try that :) And I did get in last night but still can't today.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Oh wait, it was Aliana I saw, not you... I am so bad with names, and I even have the @handles showing in chat too! LoL

There is a "Safe Mode" option via the Launcher, I don't know exactly what it does but it might be worth a try to see if you can get in-game. The launcher also seems to have a "Full Screen" option, but even though I play in full screen mode it is still unchecked so don't think that will help you much.

I am guessing you haven't changed anything on your system between the last time you played and the patch today?

EDIT: Do you happen to run any anti-virus software by chance? The only other suggestion I have off the top of my head would be to update your video card drivers. Do you have any other 3D games installed that you can try, to rule out a possible problem with your video card?
    @samaka#2511
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    thank you for solving the respawning crabs in seed quest.