test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orcus wand, sell or keep?

pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
What is your guys opinion. I landed a Orcus wand last night. I do need it for my GWF, but it's so expensive right now that I feel compelled to sell it. Although less now know that the price had been undercut slowly from 6.5mil last night to close to 4.5 mil today. At 6.5mil its a no brainer I'll sell it since I'm still missing the belt. But as it slowly gets undercut I'm having second thoughts.
Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.

Comments

• kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    They first sold for 1million each and prices went up afterwards. If you need that ward then there is no point in selling it because someday later you will be forced to buy it back (unless you drop another one but you cant expect that to happen).
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    That's the thing...4-6m will make more a difference in my character than the orcus set. But I didn't watch prices for it before double refinement so I'm not sure what the "normal" price usually is. If its like the other poster said, usually only 1m and its only up due to 2x RP, then I rather cash in on the impatient people.
  • acathlasjmacathlasjm Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    The sold initially around 800k -> 1m (i know 'casue i bought a few)...
    Even before 2xRP they soon shot up to the 3mill+ mark but as per all thing AH no idea if they sold at that price.

In all honesty, work out what you can do with the 4mill and work out if thats better for you. Plenty of our GWFs are sticking with Lostmauth for now and are in no rush to move across. Personally, I would sell and use the diamonds elsewhere. Even if you buy back at a later date, you will likely be able to advance further with the AD now.
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I think your best option would be to sell it IF you develop a strategy to invest and multiply the AD you get with it. Depending on how well you play your cards, you could end up doubling the AD in a month or two (plan for 2x events) and be able to buy the wand back AND keep your initial gain.

Win-win situation.

I think your best option would be to sell it IF you develop a strategy to invest and multiply the AD you get with it. Depending on how well you play your cards, you could end up doubling the AD in a month or two (plan for 2x events) and be able to buy the wand back AND keep your initial gain.

Win-win situation.

Dude honestly I suck at investing and flipping in this game. Warframe I made so much plat I didn't know what to do with it. This game the market always screws me, that and I like spending too much.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    It's not gonna drop in price much in the next few weeks as there is another double rp even at the end of June
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I say sell it... that is what I did when I had the lucky drop and 3mil AD (I sold it for at the time) is a huge amount.

There are a lot of things that can go towards the progress a character, much further than the set could. But I will one day get the set and use it as people say it is pretty sweet.

In the future as more people run CN etc and more of them get into the game, I'm hoping if I do not get another lucky drop at some point there will be more around on the AH for a more reasonable price.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Yea my bonding stones are lacking. I could buy 3 rank 11's. lol
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Exactly... in a year I have had 2 really lucky drops... A Coastal Snail and The Orcus Wand.

Along with everything else I have done in game-play... include the selling of the 2 above and I have almost made everything on my HR BiS... Plus 2nd and 3rd sets are upgraded to over Lv51... 6 Mythic Artefacts... Over 30 Epic Companions... 3 Rank 12 Bondings... Trans Fey Perfect Dread Trans Elven etc etc etc.

One day I will get a lucky drop that I will keep... but as they are worth so much it is just worth selling them unless somehow you come into stupid amounts of AD/Zen.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    Yea I posted it for 4.5mil last night with the intent to take it down, buy the belt, and refine it if it didn't sell by this morning. Woke up it had sold, and the rank 12 were only 2mil. So I bought an 11 and two 12's.

I figure the Bonding will never really go below a certain point, as were the wand will probably come back down in the near future.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    pr3stigex said:

Yea I posted it for 4.5mil last night with the intent to take it down, buy the belt, and refine it if it didn't sell by this morning. Woke up it had sold, and the rank 12 were only 2mil. So I bought an 11 and two 12's.

I figure the Bonding will never really go below a certain point, as were the wand will probably come back down in the near future.

Eh personally buying R11 R12's was not the best thing you could do, but you do you, I guess. :p