test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160427xa.5

Comments

• gsaylgsayl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I wish I could respec to a different class altogether.. I don't even want to be a paladin anymore. I spent so much time and money into a great paladin build, and now this. I either want a refund or to change classes somehow. I don't even want to play if all my time and money have gone to waste
  • poison863#9249 poison863 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here my pally is no more I don't want to play this game no more all the money I spent was a waste I want a refund
  • theyhatin101#6230 theyhatin101 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I logged on my cleric after the patch was installed, and in the notes it said we get a feat respec. I don't see anywhere that i get a free respec.
  • misterwood#9641 misterwood Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    null
    Same here
  • misterwood#9641 misterwood Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @theyhatin101#6230 said:
    > I logged on my cleric after the patch was installed, and in the notes it said we get a feat respec. I don't see anywhere that i get a free respec.

Same here
  • warfighterv7#0661 warfighterv7 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    null
    I checked my DC after the update and I got a free full respec.
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    gobula said:

The free Lostmauth replacements make zero sense for GWF. Orcus' set is now bis, and none of the others are worth anything, so why no Orcus offered?

Simple: it's new and "forces" players who relied on the Lostmauth set to invest in this one. This means more money; that easy. There was no real reason to nerf the Lostmauth set in the past as people would've gotten used to it and its impact wouldn't have been as big as it is now. Just take a look at the current price of the artifact in the AH.
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    gobula said:

gobula said:

The free Lostmauth replacements make zero sense for GWF. Orcus' set is now bis, and none of the others are worth anything, so why no Orcus offered?

because it just came out and everyone is still working on it.
    So? It's best in slot. For GWF, Lostmauth was best in slot. If you're going to kill the Lostmauth set, you should replace it with an equal.
    No. It was BiS but OP; they nerfed the OP.
  • obregon#6243 obregon Member Posts: 1 New User
    What was the idea of ​​lowering the time bubble Paladin mmm ? Players who have little item level are nearly wiped dungeon . At least the bubble gave them hope of making an epic dungeon and now with 6 seconds long Please note this is a mockery for those who have these characters but is expected if all you care about is money . The poorest idea of ​​all trash to make money most popular
  • f1r1a1n1cf1r1a1n1c Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Bubble Pally out of the game and Great Weapon Fighter lost reason to exist.

Great weapon fighter: what is the purpuse of this class in the game?
    It's no longer a DPS, it's not a support class, it's not a tank...
    Palladin: For most of its abilities this class have been downgraded by 20%, 40% and more for the Bubble. The "nurf" is so bad that the class is no longer needed and can be better replaced by a combo Cleric/Gardian Fighter.
    When the class was released, there was no mentions that the class would be so baddly downgraded, sinking in all the time, effort and most importantly, the hard cash invested into "Free Game enhencement" to build up the caracters.

After 12 months plus of gaming with Neverwinter my feelings are:
    Class levellings are nothing more than a class abillities reshuffle with the ultimate goal of inticing the gamer community to spend further more money to purchase "Enhencement" in order to devellop new caracters (that will no doubt be downgraded in a few months for the very same reason).

I understand the need for Arc to generate revenues, but i'm struggling to understand how a company can so bluntly take away what so many players paid for with hard cash, unless they start to clearly indicate that the money spent is a "Short term Game Enhencement Service"
    A time time frame wouldn't go amiss...

I welcome your comments.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Paladins can still tank, less complaining and more experimenting! Last night I gave a few suggestions to a paladin guy and he could start tanking castle never again.

I'd be that most people complaining here haven't tried a different build neither experimented with the rest of classes to see what works and doesn't in epic dungeons with the current state of the game.

I am a swordmaster tac guardian fighter that one day decided to stop using steel defense and thanks to that I've been learning more and more about the game, especially because I'm open to hear opinions and to test with the other classes what combinations of skills, strategies and powers can prove good in certain circumstances. For example, my guardian usually cannot survive Orcus with the support of a healer and today I completed a run of castle never without a cleric/healadin. Why? Because we, the group, adapted to the situation (no healer) and even though we had to try 2 times, we managed to kill Orcus thanks to our teamwork.

Bubble did a lot of damage to this community so I'm glad it got patched and I have a bubbledin myself! Got bored of it super quickly, there's almost zero challenge running as one. Lostmauth scorpions with sub 6k defense (back then) nor bubble? No problem! Now, take a look at random guardian fighters that have a similar defensive rate and got get some popcorn so you can enjoy it when watching them getting instakilled at the slightlest mistake and kicked out of the dungeon after 2-3 wipes.

Go experiment with the other classes, paladins! You can still tank, you are just upset your godmode got patched!
  • reyjaun#1049 reyjaun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What truly bothers me about what you have done to the paladin is that besides the fact that it is the slowest of all the characters, its most powerful attack is slower than frozen honey, its best attack reduces others players attack damage by 75% and its ability to tank was the only saving grace. So now that you taken its ability to tank or to be a healer it is now officially the weakest character. Meanwhile the GFW and other characters move with lightening speed cutting down enemies; and the GF is still untouchable. That's fair game play the ARC way.
  • splazer2794splazer2794 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Well lets see how my pally does :/
    Post edited by splazer2794 on
  • nightmare#6043 nightmare Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    [A]; In all honesty,I found the latest update very confusing! I had run 3 cha's through the EE campaign doing the vigilance quests,they were easy quests to track, then BANG.... out they go without a bye or leave and replaced with something else!! why wasnt there a simple game email sent to all users explaining the changes!...Ive had to spend quite some time trying to find out were the vigilance tasks had gone and why they were no longer available! and what they'd been replaced with.

[B]: Yes granted the bubble for the Paladin (Oath of Protection) was way over-powered and needed to be tweeked! but it seems youve gone from one extreme to the other.... I have all 4 points in that daily and now it lasts 5 seconds!...why???? is anyone actually going to use this power now? wouldnt it have been more appropriate to yes drop the time the bubble was active from the 25 seconds (with the power maxed out on 4 points) to say 15 seconds? and / or change the damage ratio's to both the characters being protected and the palladin.... all in all,the oath of protection class for the palladin has been ruined by such a drastic change! not only that, the other thing that gripes,if I wanted to re-train I have to PAY actual cash to buy the re-train token because the points I have in that Daily power are now redundant!...Is it worth it or do I just retire the character?

Just feels like a real rush job on this update,I really hope you guys do much better in the future! Because this one was a real doozey.....
    Yours
    Martin.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    What they are saying is "Now you have spent lots of money in a class mechanic that we knew was broken/over powered since it was first released you can now forget that character and spend more money on another character, yes we Arc devs are awesome"

They have nerfed it to the 5/6 seconds due the the fact of how high thay have let the IL go but how little challenge dungeons give an organised group, with current IL and a haste cleric with a decent bubble the bubble can be replenished so fast ( in under 10 seconds) so they had to nerf it lower than that.

I feel bad for the pally players that invested heavily in them as they were definitely needed during the mob armour pen bug when any mob would literally 1 hit you. They should of nerfed the bubble then when they finally got that patched.

Now as for dungeons just take GF/DC combo and things will die fast and you take little damage, CN runs in under 15 mins

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • splazer2794splazer2794 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    cscriv79 said:

What they are saying is "Now you have spent lots of money in a class mechanic that we knew was broken/over powered since it was first released you can now forget that character and spend more money on another character, yes we Arc devs are awesome"

They have nerfed it to the 5/6 seconds due the the fact of how high thay have let the IL go but how little challenge dungeons give an organised group, with current IL and a haste cleric with a decent bubble the bubble can be replenished so fast ( in under 10 seconds) so they had to nerf it lower than that.

I feel bad for the pally players that invested heavily in them as they were definitely needed during the mob armour pen bug when any mob would literally 1 hit you. They should of nerfed the bubble then when they finally got that patched.

Now as for dungeons just take GF/DC combo and things will die fast and you take little damage, CN runs in under 15 mins

I can still get my bubble back in 5ish seconds, hurts but it is doable

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    null
    What are you talking about? Paladins can still tank castle never and all the other content, you just are complaining because your broken divine protector got patched.

So the paladin got its tanking ability taken out? Lies, I have a prot Paladin myself and I know for a fact that in the vast majority of situations (notice "majority") in a dungeon run or any circumstance in which you need a tank, the OP is so hilariously broken and overpowered that the shield is nothing but a cosmetic item and sanctuary a "cool looking blue circle for the lol".

Healadins can't heal?? Are you for real?? I ran castle never with a friend with whom we switched between healadin and guardian fighter and we succeeded in both runs.null
    Rank 4 bubble used to last 20 seconds, not 25 as you said.

15 seconds seems good to you? That's way too much, considering group members would have that crazy long time being immune to damage.

As for what you said "Is it worth it or do I just retire the character?", go test yourself and you'll see you can still tank very well.

"all in all,the oath of protection class for the palladin has been ruined by such a drastic change!" Man, again, go test things before making those hilarious claims, you're making yourself look bad.
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

gobula said:

Simple: it's new and "forces" players who relied on the Lostmauth set to invest in this one. This means more money; that easy. There was no real reason to nerf the Lostmauth set in the past as people would've gotten used to it and its impact wouldn't have been as big as it is now. Just take a look at the current price of the artifact in the AH.
    If they prepared ahead on time they wouldn't have had an issue. :3
  • eractic#9186 eractic Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    The pally bubble nerf will hit low item level players most, if the pally was broken in pvp then nerf the pvp side of it, and if it really needed to be nerfed in pve make it at least 10 seconds. So many players invested hours and cash into them only for you to make the class unplayable for some. The class itself is dumb, it was never a tank because of the gf, it was never a healer because of the dc....so what was it intended to be?

Also if I'm meant to dodge AOE's on my gwf then why isn't the stamina bug fixed? I have died a few times to it and its frankly annoying, it has existed for months and still no fix
    Guild : Straight Outta Neverwinter
    Main : Thorak (GWF) 4,1k
    Alts : Eractic (HR) 2,8k
    Ragner (CW) 2,7k
    Rico (DC) 2,6k
    Leo (TR) 2,4k
    Maus (GF) 2,7k
    Lucifer (Sw) 2,4k
    9 other scrub lvl 70s(mainly AD farmers and banks)
  • ruthless#9997 ruthless Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @gsayl said:
    > I wish I could respec to a different class altogether.. I don't even want to be a paladin anymore. I spent so much time and money into a great paladin build, and now this. I either want a refund or to change classes somehow. I don't even want to play if all my time and money have gone to waste

I feel the same way we should be able to change classes
  • ruthless#9997 ruthless Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @theyhatin101#6230 said:
    > I logged on my cleric after the patch was installed, and in the notes it said we get a feat respec. I don't see anywhere that i get a free respec.

Yea same here I have 2 pally and 1 cleric and I checked all 3 and I don't see anywhere how to claim my free feat respec for DC and full respec for both my pally what's up whit that?
  • therealmackyttherealmackyt Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Seriously, anyone, was there a release that warned ahead of time about the removal of the final AD tasks from leadership? I have been completely stitched up by this. Am I the only one that is bothered by this unannounced change or did I miss a memo?
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Can someone confirm if the bonding proc changes went into effect this patch? I can't test it right now.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    No the bonding changes should be in stronghold patch
  • algaefreealgaefree Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Came to check in and see if they ever fixed warlocks "making them viable to play." Remember when you said you'ld rework the warlock Strum? I'll never support neverwinter until they fix the game. Currently the hardest class to play is the worst and the easiest classes to play are the strongest.
    algaefree said:

Came to check in and see if they ever fixed warlocks "making them viable to play." Remember when you said you'ld rework the warlock Strum? I'll never support neverwinter until they fix the game. Currently the hardest class to play is the worst and the easiest classes to play are the strongest.

What the easiest class to play? hardest?
    algaefree said:

Warlocks are Viable, but they tend to use broken mechanics as their main source of dmg. :3
    Don't be a HAMSTER man, we don't know how long until they nerf our GWF back into MOD 5 uselessness. Its not SW fault they have to use broken mechanics to stay viable.
    A sw can do just fine without it, plus hey atleast a gwf powers work as their supposed to.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    gsayl said:

My bubble class is completely irrelevant now..

I feel the same way, I have to put so many points in to recovery, it does not leave much for other stats like power. Seems like the entire protection path is not worth the time, effort and money.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
This discussion has been closed.