test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Point of View about GF tank and the Reward

fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
Hi Guys, how are you ?
I'm here to say something about the Score in the game, about Tanks specially GFs (tactics or protectors)
In my guild, i'm the main tank in the blue dragon on Dragonfligth, but whatever i do, i never finish between the first five. I get a lot of damage i still finish on between 25 and 30 place. I see there's a mechanic wrong in the score, and this is not only in dragonfligth but in all game, if you have a tank, you take a lot damage, major portion of the damage, the reward are always poor for us, tankers.

Sorry for my "google's english", this is not my native language.
This is my vision about this, what you guys have to say ?
Hugs.

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Dragonflight scores do not reflect anything of any value to anyone.

Dont worry about them.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Dragonflight scores do not reflect anything of any value to anyone.

Dont worry about them.

Agreed. As long as you get your dragonflight fangs, it doesn't matter.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Just make sure you Dismiss those combat companions or the rewards you get may not include killing the blue dragon - no points for getting your guild/alliance mates killed after all :)
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Top 5 in DF usually goes to the people who focus on taking down Empowerers.

As far as I know it doesn't improve your voucher rewards, so don't worry about it.
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Yep, that leaderboard has nothing to do with nothing. Ignore it.
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    The OP does however make a good & valid point about the amount of damage the so-called overpowered GF makes - I run a lot of skirmishes both PUG & with Guildies with my GF & often stand toe-to-toe with a baddie hacking away with my axe to then see a TR or GWF give a couple of swings & over it falls - I never ever score over 3rd place for damage on the boards at the end - I feel this is a fairly true statement for GFs the game over so why am I constantly reading that GF is overpowered & needs nerfing? Just a thought!
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    GF isn't intended to beat down enemies. The GF is intended to be a target that gets beat on and survives.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Top 5 in DF usually goes to the people who focus on taking down Empowerers.

That seems correct from my exp.

Lunge works well if you're trying to make the list. List is pointless though.

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    please do not turn this into a nerf gf thread (Need i say i got over 30 gf characters as it was the easiest class to level up and equip to an adequate level for the 2 dungeons for AD... althou nerf ITF pls :) )

I am playing a prot.paladin - worse than gf at dps and at dmg taken in scoreboards due to absorbs and temp hp. but as others stated rewards besides from outdoor heroics in iwd do not care what rank you had, and on those usually you manage great success if being there from the start.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for yours share about this situation. =) But i know the only "reward" in DF are the volchers or stronghold box, but this is not only in DF, in all DGs are the same, the better loot, always is from the TOP DPS, the TOP Incoming Damage have too small. =)
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    I agree that the final score doesn't mean much, and that includes the dungeon and skirmish scores as well. However, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. I don't obsess about scores, but I sometimes use them to gauge my performance in a party or my improvement. I wanna know if this new thing I've been doing seems to make any difference, or if I continue to be among the lowest scores even after working on technique for a while.

I recently started using Advanced Combat Tracker, but most of that data still just baffles the heck out of me. It would be really nice to have that easy, simplified meter of how you did in a party raid.
  • jyotaijyotai Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Sounds like the board just needs a 'most damage taken' category?
    - Which would also kind of call out all the people who stand in the wrong place in pretty much every MMO. :wink:

At the end of every run in WIldstar a little thing pops up saying your ranking in DPS, aggro, and healing. That way each role gets to feel happy, and people who see their score is a bit high for the wrong, or a bit low for the right category can start looking at maybe changing something around...

But it does mean the leaderboard has to parse more data, and I don't know if that impacts performance.
    PST timezone older player. Mostly play tanks and healers. Don't game outside of MMOs.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    The leaderboard already does track damage taken, as well as damaged healed, in addition to damage preformed.

This is even extended to scoring in heroic encounters. Rewards are awarded based on performance. But preformance is a sum of damage dealt, healing, and damage taken. So support classes can still score well, rather then trying to compete on a purely DPS race.
    GF can easily top "Damage Taken" by having Knights Valor active.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I can't imagine any GF running without a KV on.

That's one of the skills that defines the class, you're a meat shield, and this skill is your bread and butter.

Topping any of the charts means nothing, as long as run is smooth and I have fun playing I do not care about any of them. In my opinion that's the healthiest approach out there.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    I run with it on in group, off if I'm soloing.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Well, obviously running KV in solo play is a waste of an encounter slot.

Pure group play skill.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • scylent#6295 scylent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User

The OP does however make a good & valid point about the amount of damage the so-called overpowered GF makes - I run a lot of skirmishes both PUG & with Guildies with my GF & often stand toe-to-toe with a baddie hacking away with my axe to then see a TR or GWF give a couple of swings & over it falls - I never ever score over 3rd place for damage on the boards at the end - I feel this is a fairly true statement for GFs the game over so why am I constantly reading that GF is overpowered & needs nerfing? Just a thought!

That's only in PvP, they have the highest encounter burst damage atm and some players are super buffing their stats which makes them that much OP. I dont see it as an issue thought just a class one needs to watch out for and mitigate their rotations. I do have a problem with being one shot and not even see it coming specially when there's nothing i can do :smile: .

ScyLent PvE GF Main
    S C Y L E N T PvE DC Alt
    ScyLent Lux PvE OP Alt
    Unrepentantgaming.com
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    About aggromanagement.... those GWF who slot daring shout at Orcus, get oneshotted, and claim the GF to be a bad tank afterwards should know more about those powers.