test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vellosk Masterwork professions nodes are semi-broken (dark alum)

So I've been running a lot of maps this weekend with the 2x professions and noticed something: Vellosk is semi broken. It is dropping EXTREMELY low amounts of Dark Alum.

Every other map (skyhold, caverns, hotenow) I'm averaging 7-12 of the "good resource" (gold, alum, lacquer branches), with Hotenow being the lowest at about 7.5 alum per map.

In Vellosk I'm only averaging 2.5-3 Dark Alum per map, if that. I ran FOUR maps earlier and got ZERO dark alum. Overall, 20 maps have yielded less than 4 dark alum.

Now before you say "dark alum is just more rare", consider this. BEFOR the 2x professions weekend started, I was averaging FOUR dark alum per map in Vellosk with the explorer's boon. Something in the way the double professions weekend is working has somehow reduced the drop rate of dark alum, apparently. It's pretty silly that I'll have to wait till the weekend is over to get more dark alum per map.

What gives?????

Comments

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Its just all RNG.... last night I ran Vellosk 10 times before I went to bed with my scrolls... I picked up a lot of Dark Alum and in some nodes I was getting 2 Dark Alum (double Resources at the moment).

Edit... picked up 23 Dark Alum from 10 charts... so its all RNG :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Thank the players standing over your shoulder waiting for you to pick up <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while they wait for the best node drops possible with nothing else to do with their lives.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    fierceeyedfoxfierceeyedfox Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    What zman said. People aren't taking the nodes if it isn't what they want.
  • Options
    talifeexpectancytalifeexpectancy Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Youre wrong. You cant leave trash for other people in nodes anymore. I have tested it several times with different friends. I turned off the explorer's boon so would only leave one resource in a node. My friend stood right next to me and hit the same node after I left one adamant sand. He still got 4 resources. I came bac to that node of that instance of skyhold 3 hours later and my one adamant sand was still waiting for me. I would make a video to prove my point but I know I'm right so believe what you want.

Also to the other guy: you got 23 in 10 maps, kinda proving my point. Thats 2.3 average per map, which is extremely low compared to the other maps which average between 7.5 and 12 per map. Unless you dont have the explorer's boon, then your average is about what it should be (aka 2.3 without boon, or 4.6 with it). Something with the explorer's boon combined with 2x professions just isnt working right in Vellosk is my point.

RNG is RNG yes, but I'm talking about HUNDREDS of maps averaged out, which would even out the RNG, and I'm telling you that I consistently averaged 4 or more dark alum per map over the course of hundreds of maps prior to this weekend. Two master crafters I know are having the same issue. We are all sitting on 90 or more Vellosk maps that arent worth running right now because we are getting LESS now than before the 2x weekend started. I've only run 20 maps since thurs, but my mate ran over 100 maps and was mad because he only had about 240 dark alum to show for it.

It's also interesting that out of 20maps for me and 100+ for my mate, that neither of us has seen a single double-dark alum node (which would be four dark alum in one node since we have the explorer's boon). That is probably a large part of what is killing the average rates.

Bottom line is Vellosk is broken.

• Options
    talifeexpectancytalifeexpectancy Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Well after another 100 maps it still averaged out to less than 3 per map. Still seems low. A friend said he thinks I overestimated non 2x weekend dark alum, that for him it had a 10-15% drop rate, usually about 2 per map for him (with explorer boon). But still, I averaged less this weekend than four per map which is less than double his 2 per map average prior to this weekend. So it still seems fishy to me but at least the weekend grind is over lol.
  • Options
    I've had nodes change materials for me, just by moving instances. Can't explain it but it's happened for me.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options

Youre wrong. You cant leave trash for other people in nodes anymore. I have tested it several times with different friends. I turned off the explorer's boon so would only leave one resource in a node. My friend stood right next to me and hit the same node after I left one adamant sand. He still got 4 resources. I came bac to that node of that instance of skyhold 3 hours later and my one adamant sand was still waiting for me. I would make a video to prove my point but I know I'm right so believe what you want.

Also to the other guy: you got 23 in 10 maps, kinda proving my point. Thats 2.3 average per map, which is extremely low compared to the other maps which average between 7.5 and 12 per map. Unless you dont have the explorer's boon, then your average is about what it should be (aka 2.3 without boon, or 4.6 with it). Something with the explorer's boon combined with 2x professions just isnt working right in Vellosk is my point.

RNG is RNG yes, but I'm talking about HUNDREDS of maps averaged out, which would even out the RNG, and I'm telling you that I consistently averaged 4 or more dark alum per map over the course of hundreds of maps prior to this weekend. Two master crafters I know are having the same issue. We are all sitting on 90 or more Vellosk maps that arent worth running right now because we are getting LESS now than before the 2x weekend started. I've only run 20 maps since thurs, but my mate ran over 100 maps and was mad because he only had about 240 dark alum to show for it.

It's also interesting that out of 20maps for me and 100+ for my mate, that neither of us has seen a single double-dark alum node (which would be four dark alum in one node since we have the explorer's boon). That is probably a large part of what is killing the average rates.

Bottom line is Vellosk is broken.

No unfortunately I do not have the Explorers Boons as of yet, my Guild has not built the required building :(

My 23 was obtained by just getting 2 items out of each node as it is a double event. As I mentioned some nodes had double Dark Alum in there for me.

In all honesty I found much more Dark Alum during this double event than I did before when I used 15 charts.

RNG deffo does my head in too... The Alum I need from Mount Hotenow just does not want to drop for me... I have got a ton of the other 2 items but very little Alum to show for it from 30 charts or so.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Is this all for master craft man sounds like a super grind even for neverwinter
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    It is probably the biggest Grind by far in the game... I am no where into 1 Profession yet and already spent 10's of 1000's of Guild Marks.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    I'd chalk mastwork to a second compared to stronghold progression.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS