test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the best DC Healer that can be created for running Dungeons in the end game?

dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
edited June 2016 in The Temple
I understand to a degree the DC is treated like the ugly step sister of Neverwinter and it doesn't heal quite as good as it probably should. At least that is what I have been told by others. I have been playing with my GF for the last couple of months. We leveled up new characters, me a TR, and her a DC. She enjoys playing healing classes and I enjoy stealth/DPS. She tried using an older build hybrid but that didn't work well for the end game. She has made a few adjustments and it has improved some problems she was having but her heals are non-existent. She buffs well enough but just no great healing. I have played with other DC's when she wasn't with me and they did a great job at healing. If anyone could point me to a great healing build for DC I, and my gf, would be very grateful. Any suggestions are welcome including feats, heroics, enchantments, companions, and so on.....thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    dameon2k said:

I understand to a degree the DC is treated like the ugly step sister of Neverwinter and it doesn't heal quite as good as it probably should.

Whoever told this, he/she doesn't know how the cleric works.
    I know about the AC virtuous and here a full healer build.
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13l3305:1zuz0zv:1000000:1000000&h=0&p=anc&o=0

Max Wisdom + Strenght (more heal effectiveness) or Wisdom + Charisma (faster encounters and more AP gain).
    Max Healer's lore and Annointed Armor as passives (but think about Divine fortune and Holy fervor as well)
    At will - Blessing of Battle, Astral Seal
    Encounters: Astral Shield (if you play with a GF), Bastion of Health and Divine Glow.
    Daily: Hallowed Ground and Annointed Army

Someone else may want to share a faithful build.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

dameon2k said:

I understand to a degree the DC is treated like the ugly step sister of Neverwinter and it doesn't heal quite as good as it probably should.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13l3305:1zuz0zv:1000000:1000000&h=0&p=anc&o=0

Max Wisdom + Strenght (more heal effectiveness) or Wisdom + Charisma (faster encounters and more AP gain).
    Max Healer's lore and Annointed Armor as passives (but think about Divine fortune and Holy fervor as well)
    Encounters: Astral Shield (if you play with a GF), Bastion of Health and Divine Glow.

I HAVE seen many times that with bastion of health empashis. I Do not say that power is uselless( talking about pve always) i feel with shield-glow-spirit cleric can be buff-debuff and healer at the same time even it isnt righteous. Break the spirit vs any boss will reduce by 50% boss damage and when empower 30% buff.
    MY whole thought is why a cleric to let the pt to proc gift of faith when with the above powers can shield them from geting damage?
  • Options

rapo973 said:

dameon2k said:

I HAVE seen many times that with bastion of health empashis. I Do not say that power is uselless( talking about pve always) i feel with shield-glow-spirit cleric can be buff-debuff and healer at the same time even it isnt righteous. Break the spirit vs any boss will reduce by 50% boss damage and when empower 30% buff.
    MY whole thought is why a cleric to let the pt to proc gift of faith when with the above powers can shield them from geting damage?
    Reading the request from the OP, I'm assuming that he/she's talking about a low IL toon focusing mainly on heals.
    If the assumption is correct, such a toon should be more healer-oriented than buff oriented, given that probably she doesn't have all the boons from SH, mounts, campaign, etc. That doesn't prevent her to use other powers.
    In few words, I stick to the request only otherwise we start another discussion about how many things a cleric can do ;)

Oltreverso guild leader
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    A lot of good suggestions here, but lets make sure you understand ONE thing: if you want the best of what the game has to offer, get all your campaign boons and get into a large guild. Some of your best and biggest stats come from the Stronghold Boons provided by the guild.

Right now, the best pve build is one basically described by rapo973. The important thing is Astral Shield, Divine Glow. Bastion and Annointed Army daily. The new bonding changes have made the DC the master buffer when used right. The possible downside to this is the possibility that a nerf is on the way at some point. There is already a huge discussion that caught the eye of a community moderator regarding this.

Our poor DCs have been beat up so bad since launch, but we always find a way to overcome.

Also keep in mind that there are still many bugs in the DC's functions. So buyer beware. Example - Hastening Light off-hand artifact power DOES NOTHING.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Pound for pound, I feel that Virtuous is the best path to go.

I run a DO Virt and my partner runs an AC Virt; both are excellent in a big fight.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Thanks for all the great info. This will help a ton. People can say what they will about the state of this game but the community is great. So many always willing to help.

Can anyone suggest a good guild to join? Me and my gf have put a ton of time in our current guild only to have the owner and everyone else abandon it. I'm sitting on 30,000 guild marks I can't even use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Welcome to Myrmidons @dameon2k
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited June 2016

A lot of good suggestions here, but lets make sure you understand ONE thing: if you want the best of what the game has to offer, get all your campaign boons and get into a large guild. Some of your best and biggest stats come from the Stronghold Boons provided by the guild.

Right now, the best pve build is one basically described by rapo973. The important thing is Astral Shield, Divine Glow. Bastion and Annointed Army daily. The new bonding changes have made the DC the master buffer when used right. The possible downside to this is the possibility that a nerf is on the way at some point. There is already a huge discussion that caught the eye of a community moderator regarding this.

Our poor DCs have been beat up so bad since launch, but we always find a way to overcome.

Also keep in mind that there are still many bugs in the DC's functions. So buyer beware. Example - Hastening Light off-hand artifact power DOES NOTHING.

cleric suck you want to say and need to be champion and use that rotation as a faithfull? first of all using shield is enough for the pt to stay alive bastion offers nothing vs one shots:) you cant heal dead bodies.
    now I UNDERSTAND why a tiamat can fail lack of damage............................ anyway i will do my 5 man run in cn in 10-11 min with my useless oracle.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • Options
    I would say...play as you like if it works well, if you feel confident and if you and your team mates progress and achieve the goals.
    There are no fixed rules.

Oltreverso guild leader