test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drop in Crit Severity and Chance since patch

sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
edited June 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
Maybe someone knows why or can explain this but i'm at my wits end.

Since the patch my critical severity had dropped 10%, it was previously exactly 100% without any form of buff, just my boons base.

My critical chance was 61% before patch, after patch its 48%, my crit stat has not changed.

I have the same armour, the same boons, the same companion, the same mount bonus and all the same enchantments as before the patch.

Nothing has changed, yet my stats have dropped.

So, anyone have any idea or have seen a similar issue? I only noticed when i did a guild run with a buddy and noticed he was out-dps'ing which hasnt happened before, when i checked my stats afterwards I noticed the difference :/

I play a rogue.

EDIT: I copied my character over to preview and did a full respec, it hasn't fixed either issue. I thought it was boon related but its not, the boons are activating fine and adding the expected stats, its my actual base crit severity and crit chance that are broken.
DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

Post edited by sasageru on

Comments

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Maybe it's something to do with your ability score crit not applying? Are you missing what your Dex would normally give you? I mean it's a start. I would have to check when I get home.

I play a TR as an alt but I didn't think to check last night when I played around. I noticed my damage in ETOS was lower but I figured it was a by product of CW magick and SW facemelting and lack of GF in the party. I did notice more yellow numbers but thought maybe it had something to do with bondings changing.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Maybe you are in a map with the level scaled
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

That wouldn't affect severity, and should result in a higher crit chance.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    zibadawa said:

That wouldn't affect severity, and should result in a higher crit chance.
    My thought exactly.

I am wondering if the OP has a crit sev boon structure in the Guild he's in?

Sometimes Boons randomly stop applying to character sheets and then you have to leave guild and come back then re enter SH map to get them to work again.

It sounds like he may have tried to reset boons already but IDK.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    deadleadeadlea Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    i had this when i respec my rogue , because i changed the artifact power of my left hand weapon , because i removed first strike from my abilities
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Hiya, thanks for the replies.

I'm not on a low-level map so no scaling applied, i tried at stronghold, icewind and dread ring to be sure, no change.

My guild boons do not yet include crit severity so thats not it either.

As for dexterity, i respec'd to check that, the bonus for crit strike stacks correctly, so thats not the cause.

I'm totally confused, i checked my preview copy from 2 months ago, thats fine with the new patch and content, but when i copy a character across now to test respecing etc. it makes no difference.

I was hoping todays patch would fix it, but no luck. I'm panicking now.

UPDATE: After some dicussion in game I know two other TR's who have seen a sudden drop in their critical severity specifically, so this isnt just me thank god, but I'd still like an explanation as to what has happened and why it is still only affecting a few people - another rogue with an almost identical build to mine who has the same crit severity as me, remains completely unaffected for example
    Post edited by sasageru on
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric