test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demon Lord (Orcus) Set and Overall Performance

ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
From reading PC forums it seems many made the switch to the Orcus set saying it out performs the Lostmauth set.

I made the switch a few days ago once I got the neck piece. I have the artifact to Mythic and neck and waist at epic. However, overall I feel like my performance has gone down since using it. I've adjusted my stats accordingly and overall only lost a couple percent crit chance so it's not stats alone making the impact.

Has anyone else seen similar results? Is the prenerf Lostmauth set that we still have on xbox really that much better than the Orcus set and the switch only makes sense after the nerf hits? If so, the Lostmauth nerf must truly be devastating to Warlocks.

Can definitely feel the effect of less Spark generation. Using at-wills a lot more and Soul Scorch a lot less. Questioning the investment into the Trans Dread Echantment.

Any thoughts, comments, theories would be appreciated.
4000 iL Scourge Warlock
Well Endowed (Xbox)

Comments

• ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    That's what I was thinking. Loss of Soul Scorch was one of my biggest issues when I tested Hellbringer as well.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    the orcus set wont be worth the switch until after the nerf. I've had many fellow warlocks have the same complaint as you ftryda. they grew impatient and wanted to rock the new set and were disappointed. From what I've read on PC forums, using BoVA will be the new go to for spark generation as HG wont be as effective after the nerf as well. Which in turn gets us closer to the enemy causing more death. I will be rocking the BI set after the nerf until the next 2xRP where I can level my orcus set at max return. They say post nerf - Orcus>BI>LoL... Now as far as Dread goes, I will keep my trans vorp and test a trans dread. From what I gather, dread will be best on bosses, but not everything else... I have been thinking about trying out some of the lesser liked powers with faster cool downs and see if they perform any better as far as spark generation and up time on the dread enchant buff/debuffs. Also, are you still Temp Lock? This may be something that differs from PC players and their input on the performance of these changes. Lets also not forget, Crit Sev has diminishing returns as well... so depending on the companions you run, dread may have less of an impact on some as compared to others. For all of these reasons, I will be keeping my vorpal and trade my lol set for black ice... I will probably keep the BI set and just level the orcus set with refinement and test all accordingly post nerf.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Thanks for input @bratleyray.

I am currently running fury with a dip into temptation for dark revelry. It seems like the times when I am really benefiting from the Orcus set coincides with when I am already getting a large damage spike from Murderous Flames anyway. I will likely switch back to Lostmauth set for now until the nerf finally hits.

I have been experimenting with a lot of different powers in an attempt to increase spark generation. Unfortunately having Killing Flames slotted in hopes of a big Murderous Flames hit does not help the situation. BoVA is another long cast time then requires cursing and getting up close. I also still don't seem to generate sparks all that well with it. I definitely need to keep experimenting until I find something I feel works the best for me. Just wish it wasn't so expensive to get different items to tryout.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Price is always gonna a restriction. The good thing is we can keep costs down some what by learning from the PC players. Its hard to test anything currently until we receive the nerf. Ibguess they change how some of our powers procc as well.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    The dread will out preform the Vorpal always....you will lose out on bonus crit severity on at wills, and one of your daily powers....but TT will benefit from dread as you cast TT then use your rotation of encounters...also those of us who spam SS will also benefit big time from dread....my SS almost always crits
    Also when I switched to dread from Vorpal, on single targets I no longer build full sparks and cast Spirits...I cast Spirits (with little to no sparks) and use the spirits to help build sparks to spam SS....you lose the damage that the spirits would do but gain much more by having sparks for SS....
  • garlaanxgarlaanx Member Posts: 116 Arc User

I'm still running LM Set Post Nerf and did 340mil in Tiamat as Damnation. I'm not seeing a huge deal over the nerf honestly. I'm still doing 100+ Mil in CN. I might dabble in Fury since I snagged some respec tokens 50% off. But I honestly love my Damnation build. They say the Orcus set will increase damage by about 8-10% overall. I don't see me wasting time/effort getting the set and then refining it up.

If I see other concrete info that says it is 100% worth it, Ill make the switch, but as it sits now, the nerfed LM Set is doing me just fine. Orcus stats suck, would have to make sure the ArmorPen from LM Horn elsewhere.. Don't wanna rework gear around etc.
    Forsaken World
    Inferno Vampire - Garlaanx

Neverwinter
    Warlock - Garlaanx
    Wow nice numbers what's your IL
  • ecyoralecyoral Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What is the spec for massive puppet damage?