test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New to PVP and I need a build.

hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
Been playing for a year, exclusively pve and I'm wanting to try my hand at PVP. I have no clue what builds are effective and would appreciate help in turning my PVE rogue into a PVP one. So any advice, how much armor pen, enchants, gear, ect. would be awesome.

Comments

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Search youtube for builds. No one is sharing their pvp builds here :neutral:
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    It depends on how you want to play (of course).. I chose scoundrel which is not a "recommended" path for PVP as I am basically a TR tank that. While I do not do TONS of damage I do usually manage to get several kills in a match. I chose this path because I liked the rouge mechanic, and while the scoundrel path has been nerfed, I do offer a bit of control to help my team mates and I am difficult to kill. Remember this, it is OK to be the person that is good at getting the ball near the goal but rarely puts it in, without you the superstar that makes the goal shot doesn't get that chance... 0 deaths and many, many assists are just fine with me.. just my 2 cents and I don't think it is worth that.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    What type of pvp action do you desire?

1) quick kill speed low defense

2) slow kill speed high defense

3) moderate kill speed moderate defense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I assume if I set foot in PvP with my 23k power, 14k crit but no tanacity I'd be toasted on both sides?
  • mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    kinda hard to really say.. I will offer this, a friend of mine with a BIS 4.2K GWF with no PVP gear on him lasted about 4 seconds against my Scoundrecutioner sporting all umbral armor and rosegold rings. He then put on 2 pieces of guild pvp armor and he faired a bit better at about 6 seconds. He was wondering the same thing as you in that having a strong toon w/o tenacity might work ok. At least buy yourself some guild pvp gear as that will help quite a bit.