test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with Prophecy of Madness

nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Hi friends.

I'm after a set of rising precision +4 or +5 rings and the sudden crit or rising power.

So far I've been suggested to do prophecy of madness. I ran the skirmish atleast 20 times today. I believe only two of them scored silver.

I'm consistently in gold ranking edemo groups, and between 2.8-3ish depending on which enchants I slot and I'm a CW.

Any advice here to ever get gold rewards ? The rings are a huge part of my stat progression. But it seems like every group I find no body has any idea what they are doing.

Any advice would be awesome

Comments

• Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    POM used to work fine, but when they fixed the timer on Throne it broke POM and made it much much more difficult.
    :(
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    PoM phases were taking more than 5 min per phase so they fixed that. what they did not fix was the amount of things you have to do in those 5 min.

It was imo not tested if the new fixed timers fit.

so don't worry it is broken not your fault.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    Oh I see. I noticed sometimes the results will reset too. ( go from about to change to gold and then bam back at no medal. )

Any other accessible way to get my hands on +4 or +5 crit ( both rising and sudden )
  • Options
    well even not gold has a chance to drop it, both as completion reward or in chest i think .... by the way +5 droprate is under 0.01% so if you are not specially tired of your life and insisting on getting it, the ring would be not a priority.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    hugienwnhugienwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    Just because I don't think it's been said:
    - rising crit +4/+5 is Prophecy of Madness
    - sudden crit +4/+5 is Castle Never
    - rising power +4/+5 is Demogorgon/Demogorgon (Master)

I've only gotten an overall gold result on PoM (the one where you have to close rifts) once since they fixed the phase timer -- phase 1 & 2 were both silver (almost gold) and the balor was gold, and I guess we got lucky with our averages. :) So, it's possible... but you need a high-DPS group that understands that opening rifts is more important than killing the things that spawn out of them. A stealthy TR opening rifts & dodging away while DPS follows them around grabbing mobs' attention once they spawn is a good strategy for maximizing the # of rifts opened.
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User

POM used to work fine, but when they fixed the timer on Throne it broke POM and made it much much more difficult.
    :(

PoM is so broke right now. I can not get a gold in there now. I can get golds in TDG with my eyes closed.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info guys! I normally run with PUG's for POM. and like I said, no one ever knows wth to do.

So for closing the rifts, would those stealth ( % to vanish on hit ) and stealth on movement rings help me to get in and out fast enough for the other peeps to just blast away ?
  • Options
    Imo not worth it - the pug will either work or won't and i do not think that the rings will change that

If people are concentrated and doing it 'right' it will work without the rings, if they /follow you on every portal and 5 ppl try clicking it while no one kills trash even rings won't and you are wasting personal stats with them, so imo give the best you can (w/o the stealth rings) and hope it is a strong silver/gold phase.

• Options
    Lol I'm doomed then. I think it's still only been one silver. Tons of tries lol
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    You can get a final gold in PoM if you have a good dps group knowing what they are doing.
    It is hard (or next to impossible) to get gold in phase 1 but a good dps group can get high silver.
    Hence, it can be silver,gold,gold and final gold.
    However, getting final gold does not mean it will give you the ring you want and getting silver
    does not mean you can't get the ring you want either. It is RNG.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***