test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Two Cents...

robzilla45robzilla45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
To whom it may concern;

As a loyal fan of Dungeons and Dragons, in it's various forms.. across multiple platforms, I find it quite disheartening that the foundry has.. well.. floundered. From day one, this game was advertised using several key points. Chief among these was the foundry. The action oriented gameplay and the interface were cool too.. but the foundry was the one thing that was really going to set this game apart from everything else. The advertising and the hype at release took advantage of this selling point and really played it up as a pillar of this game. It was to be the basis for the endless content that would keep this game fresh for many years to come. That attitude actually lasted for about six months. By which point the devs had nerfed the foundry quite heavily. No further updates came to the foundry for over a year. I must admit, that the 3d editor was excellent... as well as the few changes and additions that were added to the foundry at this time. But to be honest, they also added a few really annoying bugs (ahem.. teleporters)... For over eighteen months there have been no additions or fixes to the foundry. In fact, is has been abandoned completely. Recently, we have been given the word that nothing will be done to the foundry for the next year... at least...

And it shows.....

on the forum...

and in this game.

The game is boring.
The offical quests are boring.
The grind is boring.
But wait... I can buy a new mount... in every color of the rainbow ... for real cash....
And that gets really boring...

I still look in every few weeks to check on the foundry's status... but I haven't actually played this game in over a year. None-the-less, I really do enjoy working on my foundry creations... and I have several that are nearly ready to publish. Sadly... I can't even do that because It's broken.

So is the problem with the republishing? Does the foundry actually work or did it break? Is the problem with the old quests breaking? or is the whole tool down? If you were to provide some information, it would be helpful. If not to actually assist in the repair, at least it will calm tempers and perhaps salvage some of your company's reputation.

You know many of the people here are rather skillful with code... perhaps someone could help you out a bit? I know this game is built on a really old game engine... so I assume it been a bit of nightmare.. what with all the young, new staff... some of this old code can be a bit tricky... it's often not documented very well or even correctly. Perhaps if you gave us a bit of information some of us out here could help. Of do you supposed that these kids you've hired as your 'programmers' are the only one's that can sling code? I, for one, can program in six or seven languages... object oriented and spagetti style... If you were to reach out I'm sure some of the fans would be willing to help with this problem. Just sayin.....