test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction House Issues

nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Hello all,

I took a short break from the game and ultimately I decided to give it another try. I really enjoy the game, and I have been trying to utilize the auction system. I made a post last week about the auction house not delivering items that were won after being bidded on, nor refunding the money.

I know that this is a known issue, and I have been assured that it is being worked on. Several days ago I came back and it worked perfectly. Infact it worked perfectly everyday until today.

Does anybody have any information about what can be done on the playerside to prevent running into this problem? Am I doing something wrong in the bidding process ( which i mostly manage through the gateway ) that is causing this? Bidding on an item and not receiving that item, nor the AD, really puts me in a bind. Last week I went through all of my spendable AD in auction bids that were then tied up until some miraculous patch. It was really frustrating.

I don't mean this post to be inflammatory in anyway, I'm just hoping someone can offer some advice that can alleviate this issue so that I can continue to play the game without this frustration.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Also to note, I have been trying to be proactive and have been writing down the auction items and the AD that I'm missing, however it's kind of difficult when you are placing multiple bids on multiple items in succession. Is anybody else experiencing this?
  • Options
    puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Aside from the above and known expiration issues. I have ticket that has been going on for about 2 months or so; There is a about a 75% chance that 90% of the server population can even see the items I put up. This is acct based.
  • Options
    Do you know if it is character specific? Would I have the same problem if I were to transfer to a different character on my account or find a way to transfer my bidding AD to another account?

Also, I have experienced what you just mentioned as well. I had an item on my bidding list for one character, but my other character had the most of my AD on it. When I logged onto the other character, the item was NOT visible, but was still listed on my bidding list and clearly visible from the other character
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well my point was more to discuss workarounds rather than point out new issues.

Which btw, I did come up with one. It's a slight pain in the butt, but it's worth it.

I had to inform a player the other day that his listing was bugged. I think it was a trans enchant that was literally about to sell on the ah for like a few thousand ad, because the only people's who could see that listing were the first people who bid on it before maintenance. He literally just logged off, super disappointed.

I don't know how many people this effects but it can be a real mess and disservice to the players that it does.

Also, the work around was that parts of the bug are only character bound. You can still bid on, win, and recieve your items if you can manage to still see that listing on a different player / same account, but it's not always possible. Once it's bugged ( it bugged for me literally the day after maintenance last week ), it's a mess and prices on the AH sky rocket because it appears that the demand is so low.