test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You can't take screenshots? (Solved)

semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited May 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I've tried taking a Screenshot multiple times tonight but F12 and PrtSc do nothing??? Also there is no Hot key setting for it.amd if you manually type in /screenshot or /screenshot_jpg nothing happens? Checked my folder too nothing shows up in there either...and i constantly get a [systemerror]:Unknown Command "delayedCmd"....how do you break screenshots in a game cryptic?
"So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris
Post edited by semalda226 on

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Screenshots are dependant onones keyboard. My current keyboard requires SHIFT+PrtSC to take a screenshot. My old keyboard only required the PrtSC while the NUM Lock was on. :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That does seem like a rather weird issue. I've never had issues taking screenshots in the game. On my current keyboard I only have to press PrtSc button. On my old computer I had to hold down the FN key while pressing PrtScn. @semalda226 what kind of keyboard are you using?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i use my "Saitek" light-up keyboard, use (PrtScrn).

also check keyboard options to set up the way you prefer.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I used to have a picture of my old keyboard.. the PrtSc was blue on the key, which indicated that I had to press the "Fn" key in order to use it. And I even found a picture of it:

My solution then was to use the "default action" of that particular key (in this case, "End"), so I did a keybind for it:
    /bind END "screenshot_jpg"

I HATE that they bury the screenshot folder.. you can add another command line code to reset it, but that should be something freely available in ESC -> Options. Or maybe it is. Regardless, I set up a shortcut on my Desktop.

For a default install, you should be able to find your SS here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\Neverwinter_en\Neverwinter\Live\screenshots

I hope this is helpful. If not, post a picture of your keyboard and we'll get it figured out for you.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    So it turns out that my file location is separate from my Arc files and cryptic studios files (Weirdly enough) and has its own Neverwinter_en folder in my X86 files which had my screenshots (PrtSc was working it was just a different folder)
    "So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    If you want to change the location of the screenshot directory, could delete it and recreate it as a symlink to another location (yes, you can do symlinks on Windows)...