test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVE Gameplay improvement so far

jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
Game play improvement

Running dungeon are more rewarding since mode 9
Comparing of mode 7.. i still remember people was doing elol repeatedly just for one single item.
Now thanks to stronghold cleric rewards, more diversity of dungeons are done from time to time.

We can get below items on top of seals during dungeon runs
More unbounded valuables (orcus artifact and demogorgon belt)
Legendary rings
Fashion items
Insignias

However we do need more higher difficulties dungeon/raids encourages/motivate players to improve characters instead of just stop at 2.5k and start new toons/new game.

Strategic gameplay
Newer dungeons runs require teamwork success (unlike previously just charge in Hdps and get over with) .
Higher end dungeons requires combination of tank/heal/buffer to success
strategy such as diversion tanking/aiming runes/straight burn (edemo), strategic tanking (orcus) done by players to overcome difficulties

Content encourages class diversity
Tanks/Healer/Buffer we more in demand.

Companion/mount improvement
Previously only Augmentation are used now with bonding more variety of companion are used.
Mount feature improvement to change mount visual and insignia to enhance game play.

More single player content
More campaign are introduce its good for those who enjoy single player mode at the same time this also makes new player/toons hard to catch up existing players/toons

From what I can see the game is moving towards the right direction.

Thanks Dev team for your thoughts and work for above improvement , keep up the good work.

Comments

• Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    futures that should have been implemented with those right decisions:

A queue system that lets you choose a role and subsequently follows a grouping - landing without a tank at orcus - not fun

Legendary rings : yea who would run the new content else after the 10-th time ppl doing 1000 pom-s for a ring is imo suboptimal moving away from seals is wrong imo.

now people run pom repeatedly but dont have the option to buy the ring from AH (like it was with elol) if they frustrate after run 1001.

newer dungeons - orcus - ppl who overgeared elol now overgear him

valindra arguably requires more skill at the appopriate level than - stop dps and spread when hands up orcus.

0 single player content - excluding the chapters that are done in 2 hours.
    For me killing 2 deamons at the end of a old zone is not single player content nor is redoing elemental evil zones from a year ago or sharandar from 2.

mounts - 4000 power for 12mil. ad and hulk mode for 16mil. +3000 stats from purple insignias for another 10m AD insignias giving more stats than your gear and no content that needs it - not that cool

companions - there is light here hope the ptr patch hits live soon.

things that should have been done in those 2 mods - tooltip fixes, bug fixes, enchant fixes, ah fixes.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Agree on Que system do need some work,
    Having a selection on which role to go for before queue be a awesome idea

Its a game we supposed to enjoy and have fun .. try not to be too obsessed .
    I have been running almost entirely demon content since mode 8, if were to do a calculation i would say i did more than 1000 runs with combination of ndemo/edemo/pom/cn, the only +5 ring i had was Ring of Orcus which has not much use .

I understand the frustration of not getting them ...which i also encounter friends/guild mate who running with been getting good +5 rings everyone has a fair chance of getting it .

Even i did not get a good Legendary ring but I found two Shard of Orcus' Wand, Demogorgon's Girdle of Might and met many awesome people which is still keep in touch and go adventure with them from time to time.

Which i believe anyone who did enough runs will get some good loots/met some nice people/gain some experience of how to improve his toons/play style, which makes the run not entirely meaningless.

Legendary item supposed to be legendary where its a symbol of achievement, if its made easy to obtain it be meaningless .
    The stats/ability difference does not make a huge difference comparing to epic version.

Where from what i can see a player which epic item can still out perform another player with legendary item if he/she has better playing skills.

Legendary Mount comparing with epic
    2000 critical/power stats bout 6% of damage/critical chance
    Faster movement by 30%
    Mount ability with has not much used

Legendary Rings comparing with epic
    200-300 stats
    Identical socket

Overpowering orcus is not as easy unlike elol which just grab 4-5 dps.
    From what I see so far..even highly geared players are forming party with right combination of (tank/heal/buff/dps) to do orcus/edemo ,

The party against orcus normally will have no other strategy besides killing him before he kills the tank.

So the responsibility are on the tank who is holding the line taking heavy blow .
    'Strategic Tanking' which i'm referring was on how the tank plan/uses his skill (kv/bubble/buff)/maneuvers while still getting his attention(threat management to keep him from changing target to other players) .
    Normally if the tank fail it means wipe.

Agreed on tooltip fixes, bug fixes, enchant fixes, ah fixes be more a priority .