test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Friends in High Places Quest

Maybe I'm not doing something correctly, but the "Friends in High Places" quest doesn't finish for my wife or me. I believe the unwritten requirement to complete it is to accept any class specific artifacts but it does no good. Some clarifications in the appropriate steps would be nice and possibly staging it to drop when you get your first quest from Sgt Knox would also prevent any premature item accepting that could negate the quest. For now, it's a looming nuisance that I have sitting either in my journal or at Sgt Knox.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    For me, it completed as soon as I approached the Rewards Vendor. I didn't even need to speak or open the store.

I have claimed packs at the same time as the clothing quest and received "Friends" after that and it completed as the window was approached. So, early claiming is not the issue.
  • Options
    burningwarsword#2379 burningwarsword Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    ***BUG FIX HERE***

I had this same bug. I fixed it in the following manner:

1. I abandoned the quest from my quest log.
    2. I got the quest again from Sgt. Knox.
    3. I logged out of that character, then logged back in.
    4. Approached the Reward Vendor (the one under the 'overpass') on the other side of the square.

Fixed! The quest completed as I walked toward him like my other characters did.

I think this happened because the first time I grabbed the quest, I went to see Sebilla under the Hall of Justice and walked past the OTHER Reward Vendor, and caught a bug somehow. That's my theory anyway.

If that is the reason or not, I hope my fix works for you too.

Notes:
    My bug was on PS4. Bugged Character was Level 33. I had gotten L70 with my main a few days before and only got the 'Friends' quest from Knox today for the bugged character.
    My characters other than my Main and the Bugged one completed "Friends" normally when I did a logging rotation to pickup the new Artifact for doing the L70 "Nine" vault. I must not have picked the quest with this particular character until today, I'm thinking.
    Post edited by burningwarsword#2379 on
  • Options
    gwilfohrgwilfohr Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Hi everyone I have had a few guild members ask about friends in high places and that they could not finish it they went to reward claims agent and claimed items but quest won't let them finish so any help on this subject would be great.
  • Options
    allfather#3246 allfather Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Had the same thing happen a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    khruk#1878 khruk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same issue. I can't complete quest on any character. I just abandoned it to get it out of my logs so it stops trying to redirect me to it.
  • Options
    rwekrwek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    multipla characters can't get it to update/complete
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Says to reclaim Artifacts, which I have, in fact everyone I could. Yet still it says to claim Artifacts, but I can't cause now they are all greyed out; as they sit in inventory.

So now what do I do, I do I return to Knox to turn in the quest?

If it never recognize when you claim and artifact.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Go up, physically, to the Claims Agent. The quest should resolve when you get near him.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I was standing right beside him, then I dropped the quest and went back to Knox to get it again. Then reclaimed all Artifacts again and it still didn't resolve.

I tried again, then realized for some reason couldn't go inside Adventurer's Guild, then realized FLOCK was enabled. So then I went back to Reward's Claim and it finished as you said, so Thank You!

I never have that on, and was strange how it even got enabled. :(
  • Options
    dafusch1337#1435 dafusch1337 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    Even years after that post its still a bugged quest. Here is how you can solve it atm. (better not ask for any fix as things mostly get worse when they try to "fix" stuff):

https://youtu.be/E4-3x3rLTpk
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    The "bug" is at least 5 years old. It think they tried to fix it, cause the "mentioned fix" in another category of this forum wont work anymore. Tried it - doesnt work like that - nowadays you need to stand in range of the vendor and logout and back in - as i show in the yt clip:

(Pls dont file a bugreport - they just make it worse)

• Options
    edited May 2023
    That was 5 years ago lol. It think they tried to fix it cause not the "mentioned fix" wont work anymore. Tried it - doesnt work like that - nowadays you need to stand in range of the vendor - as i show in the yt clip:

(Pls dont file a bugreport - they just make it worse)

• Options
    Once day later - I created a new toon (wizard) and got the quest "friends in high places". Suddently it worked normally and I got the "Quest completed" right away. Cant say if it was fixed or is a random occurance. In case it got fixed - i have to say thank you, else you can use the yt clip.