test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armored Griffon (Devs read)

So I was in Protectors Enclave looking by the mount vendor and saw the Armored Griffon. Its a very nice looking mount. I bought one off the auction house and equipped it. Its very tiny. If you look at the one beside the mount vendor he is massive and way bigger than the equipped version. This would be one of the nicest mounts in the game if you were riding around with the display version. Is the Legendary Version on display being that big a mistake or is the equipped version being so small a mistake? If its not a mistake what can I feed mine to get him to be that big?

Comments

• kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    If I'm correct then the Griffon that is presented near the mount vendor is the legendary version. Of cause the epic Griffon will not be geared and smaller than the legendary one. After all it's a legendary item.

Edit: I misread, thought he bought the epic version off the trade bar store
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

So I was in Protectors Enclave looking by the mount vendor and saw the Armored Griffon. Its a very nice looking mount. I bought one off the auction house and equipped it. Its very tiny. If you look at the one beside the mount vendor he is massive and way bigger than the equipped version. This would be one of the nicest mounts in the game if you were riding around with the display version. Is the Legendary Version on display being that big a mistake or is the equipped version being so small a mistake? If its not a mistake what can I feed mine to get him to be that big?

LOL for reals? First I thought you bought the EPIC version but on second thought you can't be that stupid. I checked the armored griffon out a few times at the vendor in PE. Thought it's actually that huge. Never saw one on a random player so if that's the case, bad move PWE, bad move.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

I just noticed this yesterday, I thought damn, that is a nice size mount, but right after saw an Armored Griffin next to it, and it looked like half the size, well not half, but way, waaayyyy smaller...

Kinda sucks not showing the actual mount at the vendor?
    Still, I've come to expect these types of scams in NWO by now...
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    You guys must remember mounts do size a bit depending on your character race, size, ect. Either way as others say above they won't care about it too much if anything they would most likely tell you to do your research on the mount pre-hand, and sorry for the in-convenience. :3
  • lordzotzlordzotz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Just compared my armored griffin to the one on display and it's half the size. I feel cheated...
    Yup, first time I saw it at the vendor I thought, damn that's a huge mount, a minute later some guy came on his Leg. Griffon and stood next to it, and just like that I didn't need it anymore...

Seriously, it looks almost half the size of the vendor version...
  • asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    You don't buy a mount for its size lol. You buy it for its bonuses. smh

You don't buy a mount for its size lol. You buy it for its bonuses. smh

Well, if you have all the bonuses you need, why not get a mount that you think looks nice?

The stable is not a one-mount garage you know...
  • mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I have a lords armored polar bear he is pretty big :)
  • asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Looks have nothing to do with size. They "look" the same no matter how big or small they are.

Looks have nothing to do with size. They "look" the same no matter how big or small they are.

It's all about proportions you know, Large character = Large Mount and so on.

Aesthetics, it's not for everyone...
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Its not about the quantity of pixels they allow you to ride, its about the quality #TenserDiscGang
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    This is how I feel about the Lion mount.
    It's ridiculous how tiny the Lion is vs what it should be.
    I won't even use it for cosmetic reasons.

CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Just showed this thread to my wife who is now having hysterics over how even fantasy alter egos need to compensate with a bigger ride...

Sorry...
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Its false advertising plain and simple.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)