What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

91 Shaundakul boxes so far and......

iscariot44iscariot44 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
0 Griffon
1 Epic barbed insignia
2 Rare barbed insignia
1 Elemental Epic Choice Pack

The rest is all companion packs (none with 30 upgrade tokens), enchantments, trade skill junk, etc etc etc.

NINETY- ONE BOXES! That means 4 lockboxes were decent to good, 86 more of junk.

Comments

• sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    91 is seriously nothing to be honest I don't see why you're complaining. People have opened over 1000 at a time and never got an epic or legendary. Lockboxes are a gamble.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • iscariot44iscariot44 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have opened many more, Im just counting the new ones. Ive never received a legendary either. In the New Life boxes, I didnt even get an epic. Ive spent a very large chunk on this game and just as you mentioned others who havent gotten anything, Im in that boat too.

I did mention just Shaundakul in the title, right?
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Welcome to Virtual Vegas, baby!
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The problem is exactly what the second poster said. People are opening 1000, 2000 lockboxes at a time and getting drops (except for those who are very lucky of course). They are basing the percentages off of that. Just like everything rare in the game, they have to base the percentage off the idea that people will do X tasks a LOT. They can't just say, "1% drop rate for legendary, nobody will open more than 100 boxes and at that point, they should win." Because those people who have the means to open 10000 lockboxes will do so, and the drop will become commonplace.

I've been VIP since it was available on PC, and the best thing I've gotten from daily keys (and a few 20 packs) is an Epic Companion Pack that I sold to recover a little AD. That's over 300 keys. Most of the drops are still worth selling without opening, so its not all bad.

If you play the lockbox game, expect to be disappointed.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    The golden rule - Only open a lockbox if you'd be happy with the lesser drop.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • grandpaxxxgrandpaxxx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hope for the best expect the worst! 1000 lockbox's opened and only 1 epic. Got myself a birthday gift of 320 keys. Thinking maybe the sun would shine on me for once. Guess again. Oh well guess I will appreciate it more when I finally win something. In a way though I did win a ton of trade bars to bad there are no legendary items in that store I have like 6k trade bars.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I opened 164 on the first day and did not get anything epic, I would have been satisfied with the results you had. Best I got was 2 blue mount packs.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Ive opened 1000's of boxes. Probably about 3000 since day one. I'm about $1000 U.S. into it. The rest i traded the AD for zen. Ive got 1 legendary mount, the legendary strider. 1 diamond, overall roughly 7 - 9 epic artifact drops. Only 1 epic mount that i can think of right now, the gorgon. Oh ya, 2 assassin drakes back in the day. I feel like theres some stuff im forgetting. early on 20-40 boxes was almost a guaranteed epic. Now your lucky for 1 with 200. Honestly i feel like when the game came out the drop rate was much higher because there was more way people playing so there needed to be more drops for the players to slot. With much less people on the game now, than if the drop rate stayed high than there would be to many items in the game and the AH would be flooded and the market would stall and crash. In my opinion its not just about odds of a drop, but a equation between odds and the current player base.
  • quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    i have not opened nearly as many as most, as im more casual with this game (put about as much $ into it as any other AAA release) and thou i have not gotten any epic or legendary drops in my 200 ish keys, it has helped me refine and move up along the way with gems and gmop drops so its helping me move up steadily.

no giant jumps, or amazing things so il probably not be to keen on buying more keys/vip anytime soon, but when i get a coupon ill try my luck. ^_^

• ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Similar experience as @kclowe prolly opened 2500 lockboxes since day 1. Only 1 legendary strider, 3 epic snails, 3 brilliant diamonds, 1 epic barbed insignia pack, nothing else worth talking about. Key is to hold on to the packs until double enchants or professions, whatever packs correlate too.. it significantly reduces RP grind overall and is ultimately worth it if you go into lockboxes with the mindset that your target is RP to use or sell and anything else is a bonus.. except those stupid transmutes and emblems of the cult from few of those older ones. #<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>*! Shoot me in the face and give me a 10 pack of water balloons over that.... but yeah drop rates are awful and legendaries are not the reason to open boxes.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

0 Griffon
    1 Epic barbed insignia
    2 Rare barbed insignia
    1 Elemental Epic Choice Pack

The rest is all companion packs (none with 30 upgrade tokens), enchantments, trade skill junk, etc etc etc.

NINETY- ONE BOXES! That means 4 lockboxes were decent to good, 86 more of junk.

Dayum that's a bust. Well I only opened one so far with my daily free VIP key and got 1x Enlightened Insignia Pack worth currently 400k. Sold it for 600k back then.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    You have nothing to complain about. I opened 740 boxes last week and received 1 epic mount pack, 1 epic companion pack, and 1 epic artifact pack.
  • missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User

You have nothing to complain about. I opened 740 boxes last week and received 1 epic mount pack, 1 epic companion pack, and 1 epic artifact pack.

740??? Wohoow, that's a freaking lot. Had to be at least one legendary in them. Very bad RNG luck I say!
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I have opened a few... All I have received are epic tears....
  • mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    null
    Well if they keep nerfing people's hard earned characters there gonna lose alot more people lockboxes are a scam plain and simple
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Try this, do not open boxes the day they drop as eceryone else is doing it then and thus your chance of hitting that low % is decreased dramatically.

If you see a period of time pass by where there have been no notifications of a good item from a box then try and open some then as it would stand to reason less people are opening boxes thus increasing your % chance.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)