test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat

tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
does anyone know if the devs put any thought into how people can get into tiamat without begging in zone chat or at the very least giving us a weekly quest(s) to earn "linu's" easier? since the new queue system has been implemented it is extremely hard to get into a premade 25 person group if you're not 3k or higher and when trying to public queue it never gets enough people (over 100 tries), please help us out a bit with this (and maybe lower the amount required for the boons?) thank you :smile:

maybe @strumslinger can look into this (please)

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    It is really easy if you actively try to form groups rather than just look for them.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Just don't try during the week, there's lots of groups on the weekends, also public queue.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited May 2016

It is really easy if you actively try to form groups rather than just look for them.

The "3k problem" doesn't go away. Players who are in the 3k tier group up with each other and blast through tiamat no problem. Those who aren't get grouped up together, sometimes with multiple people under 2k, and have an approximately 100% chance to fail. Now ultimately this makes sense: Tiamat's not really something that can be completed without enough competent people churning out DPS (either by smacking stuff or buffing the smackers), and despite the general lack of entry requirements there really should be a 2500 ilvl requirement, and most players shouldn't expect to be of much use if they aren't at least 2800+, nor should a group expect to succeed if at least a dozen of them aren't 2800+. Good players can do well with less, but a generic player tends to have a few hundred points of wildly sub-optimal ilvl, and quite frequently no idea how to best use their abilities in the raid (or anywhere else).

However it can be damn hard to get into those 3k groups. Even with my 3k I seem to find a good group that'll succeed once or twice a week, and no one seems willing to invite to zerg channels to make this easier. And I've been in the top 3 in paingiver in a 3k+ zerg run before, so it's not like I'm little more than a shiny corpse during the raid.

And if you're going to form groups it helps to know how to do it right. Such as how not to invite super low-ilvl players, how to get enough competent DPS and buffers, and how to private queue a full 25. Experience suggests that these are extremely difficult things to master.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

The "3k problem" doesn't go away. Players who are in the 3k tier group up with each other and blast through tiamat no problem. Those who aren't get grouped up together, sometimes with multiple people under 2k, and have an approximately 100% chance to fail. Now ultimately this makes sense: Tiamat's not really something that can be completed without enough competent people churning out DPS (either by smacking stuff or buffing the smackers), and despite the general lack of entry requirements there really should be a 2500 ilvl requirement, and most players shouldn't expect to be of much use if they aren't at least 2800+, nor should a group expect to succeed if at least a dozen of them aren't 2800+. Good players can do well with less, but a generic player tends to have a few hundred points of wildly sub-optimal ilvl, and quite frequently no idea how to best use their abilities in the raid (or anywhere else).

However it can be damn hard to get into those 3k groups. Even with my 3k I seem to find a good group that'll succeed once or twice a week, and no one seems willing to invite to zerg channels to make this easier. And I've been in the top 3 in paingiver in a 3k+ zerg run before, so it's not like I'm little more than a shiny corpse during the raid.

And if you're going to form groups it helps to know how to do it right. Such as how not to invite super low-ilvl players, how to get enough competent DPS and buffers, and how to private queue a full 25. Experience suggests that these are extremely difficult things to master.
    When I formed those 25 single class tiamat runs (which are WILDLY suboptimal group compositions) I mainly recruited from legit and I did it on any day of the week. Legit has no item level requirement, anyone can join, provided they follow the channel rules. So, if the OP here say joined legit and actively went to an effort to form groups for tiamat, he would have no issues.
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I appreciate the help and will try everything suggested thank you, this is my 5th toon (all 4 previous have every boon) through tiamat, but 1st with the new queue system. I was just getting frustrated this past week, maybe with the Respens event and then this 2x weekend it was a bad time to try.

I am confused about 1 thing if someone could help me out on it.....If I make a group, in order to get into tiamat does it have to be 25 people or is there a minimum amount that it will "pull" the group in to an instance? (just an fyi I am one of the possibly few? females that actually play lol)

I still think we need another method of making Linu's besides the 1500 "hoard reclamation" and tiamat, even if it's part of a weekly quest (if they won't lower the amount needed for all of the boons)
    Again, thank you for all the help everyone :smile: