test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beholder Tank

gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
edited April 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
@strumslinger @terramak @commanderander @panderus

Hey. So This Even is almost over and we all have realized that the Beholder Tank is not really dropping at a rate where you can actually farm it and get it unless you are lottery-winner-lucky. The price of the Beholder Tank mount is now 13.4m AD in AH and my question is simple:

Will this mount be available in Zen store or lockbox or anywhere else after the event is over? I dont want to spend 13.4m AD on a mount only to find out in a few days that it will be available at a cost that is more then 50% less in the zen store.

I did my fair share of farming, like 250 times or more the last three weeks. Thats a lot of time spent only ending up with NOTHING since Artificers workshop does not drop anything of value. So can you please give us a honest and real answer now?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Comments

• xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    no one really knows but this mount is still listed as Zen-Store mount,
    we have to wait there's nothing else.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

@strumslinger @terramak @commanderander @panderus

Hey. So This Even is almost over and we all have realized that the Beholder Tank is not really dropping at a rate where you can actually farm it and get it unless you are lottery-winner-lucky. The price of the Beholder Tank mount is now 13.4m AD in AH and my question is simple:

Will this mount be available in Zen store or lockbox or anywhere else after the event is over? I dont want to spend 13.4m AD on a mount only to find out in a few days that it will be available at a cost that is more then 50% less in the zen store.

I did my fair share of farming, like 250 times or more the last three weeks. Thats a lot of time spent only ending up with NOTHING since Artificers workshop does not drop anything of value. So can you please give us a honest and real answer now?

13.4m AD is comparable to the price of other legendary mounts in the AH. In fact right now it's cheaper than most of them.

And Cryptic is pretty good at mistakenly tagging things and then taking forever to fixing it.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    That's it's selling for the equivalent price to other legendary mounts is completely irrelevant. The question is a valid one: Will we see this (or another) legendary mount in the Zen store?

BTW - don't even start with how doing so will ruin the legendary mount market and make them less valuable. Sorry, but I just can't muster any sympathy for the 18 individuals (give or take) that will take a hit vs the thousands (probably tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands) of players that will see a much more affordable and attainable path to a legendary mount.

OCCUPY ZEN STREET! :)
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    my question is will we see it dropping in winter festivle packs? Other event mounts drop form them including the aparatus of gond.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

13.4m AD is comparable to the price of other legendary mounts in the AH. In fact right now it's cheaper than most of them.

This Event is a lockbox in playable form.

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I tried to calculate the drop rate, based on the number of drops I saw while I was playing, the number of instances and the average playing time.

The numbers came out around 1-in-5000.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I tried to calculate the drop rate, based on the number of drops I saw while I was playing, the number of instances and the average playing time.

The numbers came out around 1-in-5000.

sounds about right. tenser disk was 1/6000. doubt they changed drop ratio much.
  • relkindxrelkindx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    How many do you think actually dropped during the event?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    relkindx said:

How many do you think actually dropped during the event?

Based on how often I see the notifications pop up, I'd say around 6 per day.

I'm a little surprised I've still not seen anyone actually using one.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    beholder tank whooooo? :p
  • xkrz8xdeathxkrz8xdeath Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Nice can't wait I will buy it if it does or if other legendary mounts go up in Zen market it would be a big relief as I was looking at over priced ridicules prices in trade house