test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please have a fashion tab?

snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
If the devs are going to keep giving us new fashions with every event and in at least one case, the Underdark campaign, Can we please have some place to put all these new sets?

Filling my already packed bank and bag slots with more stuff isn't helping. And I really hate having to discard these new fashions like so many event mounts that I've won over the years since there isn't really an easy way to get them back. Plus as happened with the new mount tab, all those mounts I've discarded are now gone until I can hopefully win them again but that seems unlikely since some were RNG drops and the ones that we can grind for....im not sure I can force myself to grind for them a 2nd time.

A simple fashion tab with 12 slots would be a great start. 12 slots is 4 fashion sets and cryptic can sell tokens to give more slots.

Thanks,
Eve.

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    A fashion tab would be welcome. But id honestly like to see something better. Every equipment slot should have a pull down list. As you transmute gear, it gets added to this list. Once you have paid the transmute cost that appearance becomes a permanent option that can be selected at a whim.

No more physical inventory, no more problems with space, they can add as much stuff, for now and in the future, and the only limit would be how much you are willing to spend to set it all in your transmute list.

• uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    +1

I hate storing fashion and transmutes anything is better than what we have now.....
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    Yes. A tab for fashion please.
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    I hate discarding so many things to have my fashion clothes.. or i hate even more discarding my fashion clothes to get space!

pls do that!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    DCUO's customizible costume menu is one of the best MMO fashion menu tab, i have over 400 armors/costumes collected so far and still not got over a thousand pieces yet. they allow you mix and match and not worry about color theme, since you already selected at character creation, and can change at anytime.
    DCUO's devs were pretty clever when not to use "dye colors" since those would take up bag slots, so they put in character's dress menu and select 3 color themes, primary, secondary, and trims, pretty much like Champions, but wow, Champions got very vivid bright color settings.

wish NWO has similar menu tab. we get so many armor transmutes, and some not yet decided what to choose for appearances if we dont like current armor set.
    and we do need few "re-runnable" dungeons that drops class sets, but the devs need to remove bound to pick ups, it is useless if we get wrong class and devs still doing nothing, and some dungeons are one time trip. we need those unlocked so we can try again until we get what we need.
    that still dont make sense for one time trip and these sets are not that overpower, only just for looks. how lame!

idea for example, when we discover any armor pieces that we can "use" for specific class, and pay extra for non-match class pieces from other classes.
    use dyes from dress menu which you already collected and inscribed into recipe file, when we need the dye, there should be cost of few golds.
    then use Tailor/Armorsmiths professions to open up to select transmute items you want.

you would need to find armor pieces, recipes, and dyes to make and unlocked and inscribe into fashion tab menu, otherwise, it wont work if you dont have or found recipes.
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    And while at it please make enchants visuals disablebal....
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    We've been asking for disabled enchant visuals almost since the beginning of the game and the devs have pretty much told us that they cant/wont do that.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If disabling enchant visuals is not possible, separating them from outfit might be an alternative.
    edited April 2016
    Well riding a mount can trigger their disabling.

What is the purpose of dyes and fashion and wardrobes if
    all i look like is a blue ball of light all the time...

Having a endgame enchant makes looks irrelevant, transmutes unneeded and dyes not noticeable.

The mechanic is already there in the game, when the player is mounted and not in combat, my negation enchant is not shown, once hit by an enemy the enchant appears - so if it is possible to do it while mounted why not when afoot too ?

@asterdahl @terramak @commanderander @strumslinger - If you want people to use the ingame transmutes/dyes/fashion/event clothes maybe give them an option to actually see them ?

...and no multi-clicking and paying 1.5gold every time i want to look normal is not an option.
    Post edited by wildfirede on
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    I would rater see a whole revamp of the outfit system in Neverwinter.

1. Merge the item and fashion looks in to a single Tailor system.
    2. Split all the items and fashions in to the same amount of slots so they can be interchangeable. (seperate pants/skirts (we need more real plain looking skirts (not princess)) from the shoes. Make the mudflaps/loincloths and gloves seperate objects.
    3. Every item that I get that looks a different way I should be able to either sell it for gold as we can do now or turn it to a costume unlock. When unlocked it will be available at the Tailor.
    4. Every fashion item I unlock will also be put in to the Tailor.
    5. Make all items and all channels recolorable, including the underwear. Nothing worse then some ugly underwear showing through the armor. Let us color it to match what ever we put on top of it.
    6. Make all colors free after they have been purchased. Also add more colors and metals for us to buy/unlock.
    7. Let us earn costume slot unlocks in our wardrobe, so we can create different outfits for different situations.
    8. Put in buyable extra costume slots.
    9. Charge for all costume changes after the initial one. With a lower cost for a color change and a higer cost for changeing an entire piece of clothing.
    10. Make it optional if we want to show an item or not (except for the underwear (socks not included, let us get rid of them if we want someone with bare dirty feet)).

I'd like to see slots for:

Head (hats/helmets/crowns)

Face (eye-patches/masks)

Neck (necklaces/scarfs/amulets/colars)

Chest (shirts/armor)
    Back (capes)
    Arms (sleves/armor)

Left Hand (for gloves)
    Off hand (for weapons)

Right Hand (for gloves)
    Main Hand (for weapons)

Waist (belts and loincloths/mudflaps)

Legs (pants/skirts/armor)
    Feet (shoes)
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    not if you've maxed out your bag and bank slots lol
    And with most fashion bindng when weared you can't simply stash them in another char.

People love customization it is what makes your character unique and we like to be able to collect and wear it.

But i simply ignored portobello cause no space in bags also not taken the elemental evil rewards cause no space in bags... full with BtC items already...

• throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I try to comment on this topic whenever it comes up. Fashion tab/wardrobe +1

keyring +1

companion gear staying on the companion when idle/stored +1

Please and thank you. Where is my I voted today sticker?
This discussion has been closed.