test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new events should have an item level requirement

ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'm tired of joining artificers workshop and carrying 2 or 3 toons with levels between 30 and 70 but item levels less than 300. They obviously didn't get to those levels by playing the game. I've done this 100's of times in the hope of a beholder and these guys I just carried and do nothing to contribute get a chance too. How is that fair?

In fact my last run I complained about the very same thing while in Artificers and got kicked. Then I was sent a PM:

[Tell] From [Enohard Runehammer@*****mar]: u got one report...i hope cryptic is doin against those players like u!

What the...

These toons couldn't survive Blacklake in their gear. But here they are.. in all 5 event queues. :(

*Edited for spelling. It's a Beholder not a Befolder*

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Seriously?

The only dps requirement in Artificer's Workshop is the final fight, and if you can't carry a couple deadweights through that the problem is you, not them.

Until that point, it actually requires a brain rather than dps. So many times we are missing one Air Vent, and I'll go back to an area I saw someone "clear" and find a vent lever they missed.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    80% of Artificers workshop is pulling levers, kicking Gnomes, and gathering crystals. How does any of that require a gear score?

Even if all they do is sit at the camp fire. The over all impact is minimal. And if you are doing nearly all the work you know you wont waste time trying to find a missed switch or Gnome. Unlike other instances where all it takes is one bad player to slow everything down Artificers can be done easily solo or with just one additional competent player.

The lesson is simple, if you want control of your group, don't pug. If you pug, you will carry people.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Solution: /channel_create Portobello_Forever_4k

In all seriousness, if you don't like pugs, don't pug. You can easily premade the event, but I'm not sure setting up a group and replacing players every other run is faster than just carrying random folks.

So even if others are indeed leeching, it's still more effective for you to just hop on the queue.​​
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

I'm tired of joining artificers workshop and carrying 2 or 3 toons with levels between 30 and 70 but item levels less than 300. They obviously didn't get to those levels by playing the game. I've done this 100's of times in the hope of a beholder and these guys I just carried and do nothing to contribute get a chance too. How is that fair?

In fact my last run I complained about the very same thing while in Artificers and got kicked. Then I was sent a PM:

[Tell] From [Enohard Runehammer@*****mar]: u got one report...i hope cryptic is doin against those players like u!

What the...

These toons couldn't survive Blacklake in their gear. But here they are.. in all 5 event queues. :(

OK, so I just double checked the entry requirements for Portobello's Artificer's Workshop. They are:

Level: 14+
    Required Item Level: None
    Group Requirements: None

It doesn't exactly have a high level requirement and, as others have already pointed out, DPS is not required for the first two parts of the game. Actually, if you stick to just loading up the crystals DPS is not required from most players for any part of the game. This is an easy, low level event that anyone can join in with. As long as everyone does their fair share of running around pulling levers and kicking poor, defenseless svirfneblin unconscious then nobody is carrying anyone. You wont finish it any faster with a group of high level/high DPS players, so what exactly is your problem ?

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

What the...

DOesnt bother me so much this other thing bother me which happening and in a dungeon run. IF the Player need go afk he can just proceed to next phase first and then can go not make pt to wait in the circle especially without warning.