test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Want to be a Faithful DC but..........please advise

nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
Hi Clerics!

So I've been greatly enjoying my faithful DC, mainly in PvP, but also in PvE. He was my favourite character! I am level 68 now, so I decided to start pushing PvE a bit more to level up to 70. So, I took my chances with the Chandler Family Farm questline (which I really like). BUT...my DC was no advancing very much. The Drow Vampire Master gave me some difficulty so I upped my ArP which was very low and eventually managed to kill him. And then came Candelaria, Pwent's nemesis. I tried and tried to kill her and her skeletons, but she/they always got to me in time, in spite of my healing. My DPS just didn't manage to do the job in time. And yes, I use dodge all the time, dodge out of red circles etc, but still, was not enough.

So, I decided to respecc to Righteous. (There was also a small part of me that wanted to try a Righteous Cleric out but it was not my main motivation). Well, OK, that was a walk in the park in comparison to before. But the problem is that I DO NOT WANT TO BE A RIGHTEOUS DC! It's a very interesting feat tree, but what I loved so much about my Faithful is his tankiness combined with the ability to protect and heal my party and buff or debuff when needed.

I am wondering if others have had similar experiences or if it's just bad strategy! Ideally at 70 I would like to become Faithful again. But will I constantly be stopped in my progress due to not being able to solo missions? I was also advised to not invest in the DC path I do not want to take to the endgame here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12800358

some time ago (I posted as Jhorix by the way).

If anyone has any good advice or relevant experiences it would be appreciated!

A DC who is trying to find his way...
Nezdin (DC)
Aelan Icebleed (CW)

Comments

• Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    The more superior way is to stay righteous for one or two months to speed up your campaign and AD grind then respec to faithful when you are geared and start pvp. If you try to advance as faithful cleric in pve grinding, it will be damm slow and non-rewarding.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Say I do exactly that: I grind for a couple of months with my Righteous DC. Will I finally be able to solo the latter levels of the Pve campaigns with a Faithful DC if I respec? Or will I never be able to do that at all due to the lack of DPS?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    you can solo, you wont be as fast as a righteous at the same ilvl. A good striker pet can help a lot. Make sure in solo play you have enough armor penetration also. As a non-dps build you will always find more effort in solo play than a dps class. Same as any game
  • Options
    Ok thanks, it's reassuring to know that the Faithful is not dead :)
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)