test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Be careful what you wish for..

rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Following is what I hope, will anger EVERYONE! I want to HAMSTER off the PvP players and PvE players alike. I want to do it with an idea that extends beyond Neverwinters walls. Stretches to other games and the truest challenge facing us all as gamers. Attitude.

This fellow released a video for WoW, arguably the greatest MMO of all time. Certainly the most notable in popularity. I happened across this video by accident, and watched it because of events similar to the challenges that face Neverwinter. There were moments where I could have sworn he was talking about our game, some of the similar challenges facing us.

https://youtu.be/4WCmHkTGZSQ

I want to start off by saying, the fault does not lie with the developers. As far as I'm concerned, they have only made 3 mistakes.

3. - Removing content from the game, pulling the dungeons out for reworking.
2. - Trying to give players what they want, as opposed to what they need.
1. - Being human, yes they're people too; they do care, and feel like HAMSTER when players insult them and make them feel lesser.

The fellow made that video, hit the nail on the head. Biggest challenge we have here, is loss of community, loss of challenge, loss of attitude. The game is too easy, this comes from trying to make people happy. We had a guildie join recently, who wanted to run a CN, this is a freshly minted GF still wearing uncommon and rare armor pieces, and accessories. Then proceeded to get very angry when I told him he's not ready. When this game was in it's earlier days, CN was the show. What you worked towards, the goal. You had to EARN it! You had to do the grind, you had to try the dungeons you had the gear to run over and over again, until you had earned the next one. Then you ran that dungeon, over and over again, until you earned your next piece of armor. That was what made MMOs popular, that effort. There in lies the beginning of the challenges, players feeling it's easier (not better, easier and better are NOT synonymous) to come onto the forum and whine and complain that content is to hard, or that their class isn’t strong enough. The classes aren't supposed to be balanced. Their imbalance was their strength. Great weapons fighters damage is out of control because we don't have to build defensive stats. Control wizards are unhappy, because they don't NEED to control mobs, the great weapon fighter is just going to go in and kill everything. Trickster Rogues and Hunter Rangers had their purpose taken from them, no need for a high mobility, high burst character to eliminate high priority targets. The Paladins bubble, was created for more difficult content. The solution the community seems to feel is to nerf, buff rework the classes endlessly. You're wrong, yes you, if you feel that that's the issue, the challenge, then I am saying YOU'RE WRONG. You're one of the players that is at fault and has lead us to this challenge.

Here is where I feel the PvP community has a lot to answer for. Though they have paid their own consequences, as their gameplay and community has suffered. They want the classes in balance, to be able to play whatever they feel like, and be able to win. Their consequences? Players don't come to this game for PvP, they came for PvE and played PvP as a side project, an extra bit of intense fun. They have effectively killed off the source of new players. Which will result in the loss of renewing their community, which has led to decline as the players that enjoy PvP shrinks every day, week, month year. Every time they get what they ask for, PvP gets worse, they're getting what they want, not what they NEED. PvP players, you have shot yourselves in the foot, repeatedly, and everyone else has suffered for it. The ugliest truth of all, is this is where you find the HIGHEST concentration of players that buy from third party sites. I have no issue with those that choose to buy lots from the zen store. If this game is to survive, revenue must be created to continue to fund new content. Or the game stops, stagnates, perishes. The stagnation and "broken" state of PvP is YOUR OWN FAULT!

Insulting, hating on those that choose to spend their hard earned money, is also a problem. If you think this way, you're WRONG. The developers have to eat too, must make money, unprofitable business, games, companies don't survive. If you don't understand this very simple concept of economics then perhaps you shouldn't be expressing your opinions so loudly in the first place. Once again, this comes from players that can't/won't do it themselves, whether it be from hard economic challenges of their own, or some misbegotten ideology hatred of capitalism, doesn't matter, the end result is the same. Developers time isn’t free, server time, isn't free.

Module 6, was a lot of change. Here, all three mistakes were committed at once. The removal of content, which was angering for ALL. Then the community screamed, SCREAMED that the rework had made things to hard. What do you mean we have to have healers and tanks again? What do you mean I have to build a properly built team?! HOW DARE YOU!! This could have been a very good change, but then the other two mistakes happened at once. The developers cared, and gave the community what it wanted, not what it needed. The lowering of damage and health on the mobs and bosses made it too easy. Too.....easy... if I were in the developers shoes I would have been screaming. What do you silly players WANT?!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1214263/starks-of-winterfell-communication

Those are my thoughts on the classes and how they're to work together. This has been lost, and the consequences are long reaching. It has come time, and time again from the developers trying to make everyone happy. Giving them what they want, not what they need. If you think the developers are stupid, you are part of the problem. I want you reading this to take a moment and be honest with yourself; if you've thought the developers are stupid, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! I am guilty of this, I have thought this. It wasn't until recently and a paradigm shift that I realized this was part of the problem my tune has changed. The moment you think someone is stupid, your respect for them drops, immensely. Were I on the development team, and I thought the community thought I was stupid and had no respect for them, my motivation, inspiration, though process would go something along the lines of HAMSTER YOU! The developers aren't stupid. They aren't, the idea, attitude that they are must change. Don't forget, they have bosses/pay masters just li8ke the rest of us they have to answer too. The majority of them are individuals, people, that are doing their best and their hardest to make this game the best it can be and make people happy. Module 6 some of these people lost their jobs, more followed not long after as aftermath. Shame on us, all of us for this. A good example, there was a stream where Andy had a really rough run on his Paladin. The HAMSTER people said made me ill. If you were one of these people, hang your head in shame. We should all hang our heads in shame. There's a large number of players who can't/won't think critically enough to be able to understand this and their own role. They are the ones SCREAMING for classes to be balanced. THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE! They're supposed to be unbalanced to each perform their own roles (huh, roleplaying game, almost like that's supposed to be an integral part of it) and we should have been shielding, defending the developers from these HAMSTER. There are some who did, who tried, my hat is off to you. I wasn't one of them, and I am ashamed.

An attitude change, idea change is hard, are you capable of it. Are you strong enough to admit you're wrong? I was, again and again.

Have you ever sat and watched traffic? So many seem to feel that because they drive a car, they can understand how traffic, lights and intersections work. You are as wrong about that as you are about thinking you understand how this game works as a big picture. Often times, traffic lights are timed out to control flow MILES, BLOCKS, away. You can't see it because you can't see the big picture. Here too is the same. Having coalescent wards removed from the tarmalune trade bar store was frustrating, seen as a bit and switch. There may be truth to this, but there is a bigger truth that has been IGNORED. We can't/won't see the bigger picture, and those guys being so readily available was damaging. Everyone hates the pay 2 win, and yet when they remove one of the things that was putting the pay 2 winners further ahead, they hate on them. Hypocrisy, thy name is gamer. We can't see across the board the effects these changes happen. Party because most don't WANT too. I would be BiS by now, sporting all rank 12s had they not made that change, frustrating yes...

But when everyone's special, no one is.

If you think the developers are stupid, or were wrong for making this choice. YOU ARE WRONG, and part of the problem. Simply because everyone agrees on something, doesn't make it right. Mob mentality is dangerous, is the world flat? Because at one time that was right, and I see this way of thinking reflected here. I want to see it end here. You are only seeing, and demanding, what you want, without understanding or looking to what you need.
Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage

Comments

• Options
    rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    All of this, is pat and parcel as to why difficulty of content, has been replaced by random number generation. A dungeon being hard to run, and thus the loot being hard to EARN has been replaced by low (in some cases insanely low) percentage chances to get a drop. This is another good case of getting what you wish for. If you're one of those complaining about how you have to run edemo or any of the other content that can drop the +5 rings. That it doesn't drop enough.. YOU ARE WRONG. This is a consequence, fallout from the developers reacting. They could make it drops a much higher percentage drop of the content was harder to run. Everyone wants to be a superstar, but not have to earn it. I don't know how many times I've run edemo and CN. Between the two it's probably around the 400-500 mark and have yet to see a +5. Hell, it took me until February to get my first +4 ring of brutality, the second one a month later. I was angry at the developers for this, wanted to yell and scream. I WAS WRONG. I need to earn my gear, just like everyone else.

A change must happen, but we can not change the developers. they will do as they must do. All we can do, is change the attitude we present them. Restore their hope and faith in us as a community. Relight the fire in them that this game, the effort they put in it is worth it. Stop complaining about EVERYTHING. Has it been forgotten that the point of the game is socializing? Yes it has, Mercenary mentality has happened with guilds. This was an unforeseen consequence of Strongholds. You have your top end guilds with the biggest boons, and players will only go to them despite whether they actually like the poeple there or not. Having all these dailies is horrible, well then don't run them. Well I need the boons, well then run the dailies. Stop complaining about having the extra boons, but having to EARN them. Yes. you have to EARN things. Good example, the new elemental weapons that came out. They released the easy sticks you can get from the trade bar store, to answer a want from people complaining the grind was to hard. GET OVER YOURSELF! It took 10 hours to grind out the fiery motes, I hopped into my team chat and conversed with my guildie while doing it. That's the point that has been lost right there.

DEVELOPERS!!! MAKE EVERYTHING IN THE GAME EASIER!! NO, TOO EASY, TOO EASY!! GOD YOUR STUPID!!

If you were on of the people that complained the grind on these was to hard, you are WRONG and part of the problem.

Have I missed anyone? I hope not, the goal was to HAMSTER off everyone, except for the VERY select few who are those thast already think this way (I mean, very few, odds are you aren;t one of them)

Final thoughts, I don't want the classes balanced, I want them to do their jobs. I want TR players to LOVE their class, to be able to sneak around behind the main fight, and annihilate those archers that are killing the tank off (remember when you had to actually kill off adds or they were going to kill the tank, then everyone else? that was good gaming) I control wizards, to be proud of their ability to control a battle field and allow everyone else to be able to survive, and kill them in an orderly fashion. I want GWF to have to build defensive stats again, or they die and die hard. I want this game to be fun and challenging again. Before this can happen, the attitude from all of us as a community must change. Or it isn;t going to get better. PvP players, you want to slaughter each other, that's excellent, stop trying to get the classes all balanced and ruining the very aspects of the game that make individual classes fun to play, and your own gameplay. The developers aren’t to blame for the sorry state of PvP. You are, again and again you are. They gave you what you wanted many times over. Want a good example? Sure, tenacity, how did that work out for you? New players don't want to get involved in PvP when the grind is worse, because it has the PvE AND PvP. So what do you get? Well you get all the straight up Pay 2 win players with not exactly the greatest attitudes.

If you have read this far, thank you for your time. I have a challenge for you, proof to yourself and your brothers and sisters that maybe attitude can change. Focus on what we agree upon, don't insult the idea, grow it, build it, did I have a thought not quite right, add your own element. But if all you can do is insult and flame, well, you have your own answer if you're part of the problem... don't you :D
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    In 1973, the D&D Wish Rule was invented by a friend of mine. "Be careful what you wish for, you will receive it IN. . .THE. . .WORST. . .MANNER. . .POSSIBLE."

The above quote should be on the Forums Header to remind posters of the harm they could do.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I agree with most of what you’ve said there – but I do think that Demo and the demonic skirmishes show a way forward.
    I too loved the difficulty of building up to, and then taking on, Castle Never. I hate the little short race-tracks that dungeons have become, and I pine for those epic-length dungeons that were full of hidden bosses and secret areas.
    On the other hand – I can sympathise with people who don’t want to sink hours into a dungeon, only to run into roadblock when the difficulty spikes at the end of the level. It’s annoying, but perma-bubble was not the answer we needed.

I think a rebalance of all the classes to give them their specialties back is needed – but for content going forward the Underdark offers an intriguing look at how you can offer some reward to everyone, while still rewarding the elite. Having said that, it’d be nice to see the RNG more closely tied to the reward tier- no +5 rings for bronze runs, not +1/2 rings for gold.
    In my ideal future there would be a dungeon, and every boss would offer bronze/silver/gold rewards. You could even have a mechanic where a bronze at a sub-boss ends the run with a lesser reward (which would stop people bailing the moment they get a bronze result).

But while I like some of the stuff that Cryptic are doing, and they seem to recognise some of the missteps they’ve made, they need to deal with these issues with some level of speed. The game can’t afford to spend another whole year broken.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

You could even have a mechanic where a bronze at a sub-boss ends the run with a lesser reward (which would stop people bailing the moment they get a bronze result).

They don't bail after getting a bronze unless they're not paying attention. They bail the instant they suspect that a gold isn't guaranteed. Do these things enough and it's not hard to know how far along you have to be to meet the goal. Miss the benchmark? Bail.
  • Options
    omegaospreyomegaosprey Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I pretty much reject your entire thesis. These are big boys and girls and they are running a company. They knew what they were doing (or thought they did) and they aren't stupid. They mishandled the community by either giving in or setting up massive paywalls and imbalances to keep the cash flowing in. This led to content balancing problems between the whales and the regular folk.

They did all of this to themselves. Blaming the customer is pointless. The company set the objectives. The company set up the business model. They knew what kind of folks that would attract (or should have). If it drives them under, then too bad.
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I do remember the day Andy changed his signature, and I understood why he did it. The Dev's were not the one's that caused the change, it was a brash community that caused that change. I do get and understand a lot of what you are getting at @rescorlian . One of the reasons I hardly ever post on the forum, despite the fact I have been playing the game for almost 3 years now, is that the forum community sometimes has an abrupt and overall negative view on things. Also, there are countless conspiracy theories floating around that its hard to make sense of it all. If people support the Dev's for a change that suck's but overall is better for the community you get labeled as a fan boy/girl. For me the best example was the leadership nerf. It sucked, I still don't like it because AD is not so easy to come by anymore. Here's the thing though, I know now that the average player is better off because of this nerf. It sucked initially because we had a lot of AD sink in play, but now that most of the AD sink have been removed from the game its not as bad.
    One thing I will point out though is that the +5 ring and other things associated with RNG are not necessarily earned. In fact I know some people in my guild did get +5 rings when Underdark and Castle Never was released. I have yet to get a +5 or anything and I do a lot of dungeon crawling. So some people will get them the first day and others will never get them. There is no way to earn items that have RNG associated with them and I personally find that part of the game frustrating.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    That's all in preacher mode.
    I definitely understand that "we're wrong", but you also mention what "we need". And if you tell us what we need, it becomes immediately what you want again.
    Example: "Final thoughts, I don't want the classes balanced, I want them to do their jobs". Using your own words: Be careful what you wish for... What does it mean "do their job?" It's a so general statement that it can be whatever and in any case it's your wish only. What does it mean the you don't want class balance? Are you aware that class balance and class role are two different things and you're are using your own semantic to explain this? This is the point: we use the same words, but players and devs have a different concept about the meaning of it.

Your arguments are pointless: there's someone at Cryptic paid to take decisions.
    If he decides to follow what "we want", then I know who is responsible for what we have (infact the devs filter and implement the change requests that THEY believe are good).
    If the game is going down and down, it's because there is someone who take decsions about it: they are not the players.
    Devs are not stupid (I agree), but they make mistakes like all of us. The problem is the magnitude of such mistakes, including the implementation of what "you want".

There's a big difference between what "you want" and how what "you want" is interpreted and implemented: look at the 6 seconds op bubble nerf. We wanted the op bubble nerf (right request imo), they interpreted the request and gave us back something that many players don't want. Who's responsible for this? Welcome in the chicken & egg problem. There's only one way to solve it: check who is responsible and who has the power to take the final decision.

PS: Often the news say "we listened you and we decide.."

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Well written argument, however, I would rather see challenging content that caters to all party rolls, that has guaranteed rewards, than easy content with random rewards. Also, not everyone has left their small guild for a big guild purely for boons. I am still in a small guild and I know other people who did the reverse, they left big guilds that were rank 20, because they disliked guild policy or the people inside the guilds, for small guilds that had friends inside.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    NWO as a project getting old. As for any online f2p game, initial wave of players comes at beginning, spends maybe some cash and leaves after a while. Right now you won't get anyone new into game unless it is a child or boring player with history in other mmos. Proposal for huge grind or gated content for 1% population while no much content at all to play is worst thing nwo can offer.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    man you are completely wrong. cryptic bring to this game XYZ things and powers (many in broken state) noone ever ask and ruin it with them

who are you , never heard of you
  • Options
    grandpaxxxgrandpaxxx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Great Post! Hats Off.

PC players have been doing this for years. Destroying great games with there constant whining and complaining. It's never gonna change. Then once they get everything they want in changes. The game is no longer fun or challenging. No one wants to play.

The dungeon should be challenging and maybe not even complete able if the groups isn't strong enough or smart enough to figure it out or equipped for the challenge. The reward drop rate could then be higher.

Running them now is just a boring grind with really no thinking involved.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

i dont agree with one single thing you said.

This!

And its my fault they never fix bugs/ made broken classes/ made broken Sets etc..? Who are you, dear thread opener? Employed at Cryp?
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Great Post! Hats Off.

PC players have been doing this for years. Destroying great games with there constant whining and complaining. It's never gonna change. Then once they get everything they want in changes. The game is no longer fun or challenging. No one wants to play.

Thats not true. Everyone was complanining in mod 5 that the game is way to easy. After module 6 and this anoying bug the com told the devs, that they should fix the bug but PPPLLLZZZZ dont make it easier. Wot did they do? They fixed the bug AND made it easier..... I cant see that the majority was happy about wot they had done. You?

• Options
    edited April 2016
    metalldjt said:

i will say that there are some ppl in the community that they should not speak, and those are part of the majority, i will never be part of the majority, my place is in the minority, i am a person that will go against the wind if you could say that. This thread is exactly what someone in the majority would start to discuss, the majority tries to deny how stupid they've been all these years, puttin the minority all togheter with them, as far as i can tell being part of the minority it means that i am also part of the community, but all the things you wrote dear OP, it's like a confession, yes dear opener, you are the embodiment of the players you write in that thread. I read it as it's like a open letter about yourself and those of your kind.
    Me personally i am here on the forum ADVOCATING for a long time and i could say that i've observed alot of the usernames that have been around and their behaviour aswell , and i'm not the only one being part of this minority, there are alot of ppl being part of it, we rarerly even qoute eachother on forum, we know of eachother existance, but there is nothing to be said against eachother,, because we know who is right and who is wrong for all these years.
    Thats why i am goin to say that you are totally wrong with your thread, and as a offering you advice i would say to you and those being part of the majority it's that you should keep your mouths shut up and support those that are asking for reasonable fixes to the game.
    Check the thread with the lostmauth set the one with the poll made, and see the true face of the majority of how much they can destroy the game. The only way to save this game is by working togheter and that's is by supporting the minority, since the minority uses reason to improve the game, while the majority it's kinda following their personal interest, and when they hit the bottom of the well they come with a thread like this.

to keep it simple
    DEVS should listen of the feedback of a few in different areas where the game suffers, the majority should support the minority, DEVS should continue in doing patch notes as often and as earlier as possible.

now go here http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1212515/pvp-domination-premade-que-system-for-module9/p1 , and vote in the poll and ask the devs to implement this que system.

@metalldjt if as you put it, the majority does what the minority says, that makes the minority the majority, by definition. Furthermore, the way you present this sounds a lot like say the pigs in George Orwell's Animal farm, you want the sheep to follow you, how nice. Yep, Napoleon is always right, just like you. Yep, we will all just get in line and mindlessly share your opinion.

Rain check, being in the minority doesn't make what you say correct, any more than being in the majority does. The terms "right" and "wrong" are purely subjective and based on opinion, but its good to know how much more your opinion is worth than everyone elses.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    who cares.. everything they have released since mod 6 is the same.. 1000 runs of everything to get anything and then its just rng chance and you are more likely never to get anything.

You want to know the real problem? they are UNABLE to develop content in a timely manner that is warranted to the power they develop at the same time. THIS is and will always be there biggest issue.

My hr was 1.8k and I got it through spinward during ARP and difficulty settings. They dropped both of those and my HR is now 2.5k , with limited time ive spent/built with it (its like a 5th alt or so for me)

its not even built all that great.. and I promise you if they put BOTH of those items back into the game, it would be vastly easier on me now.

Tell me the last time they released 5-6 new actual dungeons with new mechanics and such that was balanced out on the top 1/3rd of players and was content that was designed to engage players.

ALSO both sharp and I posted many thoughts on shortening the power curve that THEY again.. THEM (cryptic) implemented in a game that had zero reason for it.. other then they know selling power makes them money.. so they will always do it.

Make enchants linear.
    Only allow one buff type to stack.
    Put limits on total of power stacking.
    there is a slew of things they can do to fix what is a obvious mistake.. the mismanaged power curve.

reducing lostmouth is not the only solution that is needed/warranted.

But the biggest issue is the above, they cant make content as fast as they allow power to be given. They give you mods worth of more buffs/boons/power and give you the same difficulty ratings every time.

• Options
    metalldjt said:

metalldjt said:

i will say that there are some ppl in the community that they should not speak, and those are part of the majority, i will never be part of the majority, my place is in the minority, i am a person that will go against the wind if you could say that. This thread is exactly what someone in the majority would start to discuss, the majority tries to deny how stupid they've been all these years, puttin the minority all togheter with them, as far as i can tell being part of the minority it means that i am also part of the community, but all the things you wrote dear OP, it's like a confession, yes dear opener, you are the embodiment of the players you write in that thread. I read it as it's like a open letter about yourself and those of your kind.
    Me personally i am here on the forum ADVOCATING for a long time and i could say that i've observed alot of the usernames that have been around and their behaviour aswell , and i'm not the only one being part of this minority, there are alot of ppl being part of it, we rarerly even qoute eachother on forum, we know of eachother existance, but there is nothing to be said against eachother,, because we know who is right and who is wrong for all these years.
    Thats why i am goin to say that you are totally wrong with your thread, and as a offering you advice i would say to you and those being part of the majority it's that you should keep your mouths shut up and support those that are asking for reasonable fixes to the game.
    Check the thread with the lostmauth set the one with the poll made, and see the true face of the majority of how much they can destroy the game. The only way to save this game is by working togheter and that's is by supporting the minority, since the minority uses reason to improve the game, while the majority it's kinda following their personal interest, and when they hit the bottom of the well they come with a thread like this.

to keep it simple
    DEVS should listen of the feedback of a few in different areas where the game suffers, the majority should support the minority, DEVS should continue in doing patch notes as often and as earlier as possible.

now go here http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1212515/pvp-domination-premade-que-system-for-module9/p1 , and vote in the poll and ask the devs to implement this que system.

@metalldjt if as you put it, the majority does what the minority says, that makes the minority the majority, by definition. Furthermore, the way you present this sounds a lot like say the pigs in George Orwell's Animal farm, you want the sheep to follow you, how nice. Yep, Napoleon is always right, just like you. Yep, we will all just get in line and mindlessly share your opinion.

Rain check, being in the minority doesn't make what you say correct, any more than being in the majority does. The terms "right" and "wrong" are purely subjective and based on opinion, but its good to know how much more your opinion is worth than everyone elses.
    if you read it like that, suit urself, i'm not goin to try to make you understand, i am just goin' to let you do that by yourself, if it will ever happen..
    i'll only leave this as a clue : alot of important things in history started from 1 lunatic , until he proved all of them wrong. The same case persists nowadays in this game if not how can you explain the votes here ?
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210945/would-you-like-the-lostmauths-set-being-adjusted/p1
    Yes, I can explain the votes there perfectly. People were asked if they wanted the lostmauth set nerfed. Whether their reason was from personal interest etc, they voted based on whether or not they want the lostmauth set nerfed. That was their opinion, who do you think you are to judge whether their opinion is right or wrong?
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but really it seems like people on the forum just can't go forward without trying to make enemies out of everyone. I like this post, as it tries to spread out a call for a change on attitude, a view on things. Just like how i like spreading love in game by trying my darn best to be nice to everyone. Changes takes effort, but im getting out of topic so i'll end it here.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i wish for that they read all their tooltips and check if they are actually right.

i wish for that they check all the new stuff before they release it (2 new enchants both broken both fixed more than a month later)

i wish for they try to do a dungeon before releasing it

i wish for new content

i wish for they check companion mechanics and see if they work as intended

i wish for some QA on patch notes

so yea i hope someday i get what i wish for
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    omegaospreyomegaosprey Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I pretty much reject your entire thesis. These are big boys and girls and they are running a company. They knew what they were doing (or thought they did) and they aren't stupid. They mishandled the community by either giving in or setting up massive paywalls and imbalances to keep the cash flowing in. This led to content balancing problems between the whales and the regular folk.

They did all of this to themselves. Blaming the customer is pointless. The company set the objectives. The company set up the business model. They knew what kind of folks that would attract (or should have). If it drives them under, then too bad.

obviously you need to re read ur own statement , as its the community that has cried for the changes, all cryptic has done is implement those changes an has to figure out how to make the game pay, its cryptics fault for listening to crying pvp'rs for so called balance when each char has a role an specific skills associated with it, you can not balance that. but again thats where its cryptics fault for leaning towards these pvp qq'rs an causeing the effect it has had on the entire game, as the majority on this game could care less about the broken p2p pvp. revamp the pvp to make it so u have to have one of each char to complete ur team, based on ITL to create fairness end of story. IN this case it is the customer who has built the walls that this game is now trying to climb, yes cryptic is also at fault but many wont see it that way as its a world of I want but i dont want to work for it.
    I find it difficult to take reading comprehension advice from someone with your own particular disabilities in that area. But, to your point, yes the "community" cried for a lot of things. Guess what? Customers want what they want and it turns out that doesn't usually make for the best product.

Do you think Apple does everything its customer's want? Hell no. They take the feedback and out of all the yammering they try to discern what they think the customers actually NEED. If they do it correctly, they go on to make boat loads of money (as Apple has done). If they don't do it right, they fail miserably and die.

Bottom line, Cryptic owns the product. Everything that goes into it is their doing and, ultimately, their responsibility. How the game plays, customer satisfaction, the kind of people who are attracted to it....all on them.

So when you decide to blame the PvP folks for ruining the game, you should really be mad at Cryptic for 1) Putting in the game mode in the first place, 2) Listening to PvP folks more than PvE folks and 3) actually implementing changes based on their feedback (the PvP folks don't program the game you know).

P.S. I don't actually buy the whole "PvP players ruined the game" thing anyway. Whales ruined the game (although they may have also kept it alive). Most PvP (and PvE) players wanted a level playing field. The Whales didn't. They spent money. They wanted something for their investment. And Cryptic responded (in both PvE and PvP) to give them just that. Now you got what you got.

P.P.S. And even blaming the Whales is stupid because they are here due to decisions made by Cryptic/PWE.
    Post edited by omegaosprey on
  • Options
    mrderpherpin#5732 mrderpherpin Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    just gonna say it now, it isnt the communities fault, it is the game devs, they knew exactly what they were doing.
  • Options
    mischievousxspiritmischievousxspirit Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Well said, Sir. Glad someone had it in them to write it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go ahead and knock me down. I will never cease to rise again.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

When this game was in it's earlier days, CN was the show. What you worked towards, the goal. You had to EARN it! You had to do the grind, you had to try the dungeons you had the gear to run over and over again, until you had earned the next one. Then you ran that dungeon, over and over again, until you earned your next piece of armor. That was what made MMOs popular, that effort.

This is such a bunch of hokum. The game was NEVER like that. Most people skipped T1 gear and went right for T2. You never had to do all the dungeons. Even if you wanted to, it wasn't a grind. The gear dropped like candy. There was so many people farming it, that the AH was glutted with gear.

There was no progression, there was no grind, it was nothing like you described. The reality was, for a few thousand AD you could buy an entire T2 armor set. And for a few thousand more you could get a set of CN weapons. That wasn't earning it. Heck, I managed to equip all my characters in full T2 gear before they even set foot in a single dungeon.

What we have now is what you describe. People will reject you if your iLevel isnt high enough. You all but have to do T1s until you earn enough seals for gear. Then T2s for more seals. Even if you short cut it a bit by skipping T1 or going straight to the Drowcraft gear, or if you are lucky enough, to have access to guild armor. You will still fall short of a quick ticket into CN. You will still need to grind for refinement. Gota boost that artifact gear to even think of being accepted.

As much as there were real problems with gear glut and over farming. I would MUCH rather have it like it was. Even if it is a far cry from what thought it was.

As far as the rest of your rant, there is simply too much inaccuracy. Too much stuff remembered wrong for me to take it seriously. It just comes off as a bunch of buzzword filled hyperbole by the misinformed.
This discussion has been closed.