test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ToD Dragonforged Artifact

iscariot44iscariot44 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Today I received my Dragonforged Artifact from the ToD campaign and its the same one that I received when I finished Spinward Rise, the Dagger of Elemental Fire.

Did I just waste my time and AD on this campaign task or am I missing something?

Comments

• blizzardpenguin#4023 blizzardpenguin Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Yes, u wasted your time & AD

U get both Elemental weapons by completing quests. U get the main hand by finishing Spinward Rise, & the off hand by talking to Sgt. Knox when u hit lvl 70. There was no need to use the ToD campaign
  • iscariot44iscariot44 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I thought so.

Ive also noticed that some of the campaigns have tasks that reward a level 60 item, yet, you cant do the campaign until level 70. Im assuming the rewards have not been updated since the increase in player level.
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User

I thought so.

Ive also noticed that some of the campaigns have tasks that reward a level 60 item, yet, you cant do the campaign until level 70. Im assuming the rewards have not been updated since the increase in player level.

You can start the ToD campaigne way before you hit 70
    I think at level 20 you can start it
  • iscariot44iscariot44 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    True, but I probably wasnt clear on my last comment. The item Im refrencing is in Dread Spire, "Recover Thayan Gear" which rewarded a level 60 ring and I couldnt get in there until level 70.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Part of the problem is the rate in which a bunch of this stuff was released on XBox & when you (or I, or who ever started playing).

Game was released (Xbox) back in March 2015 with the MOD 4/5 rule set & balancing.

However, MODs 1, 2, 3 were not available (Sharandar, Dread Ring, and Ice Wind Dale).

It's been awhile, but I believe the following release schedule was MOD 5 (Tiamat), Elemental Evil MOD 6 + all the campaign content (MOD 1, 2, 3 content that wasn't available to play).

MOD 6 brought the level cap increase, so stuff that our PC counterparts had already run building up to EE/level 70 got dropped at the same time.

Basically all the new shiny stuff that PC experienced was never real "end game" on XBox. Descriptions/tool tips/content (like you are experiencing) while at one point accurate, never really has been on XBox due to the continuity in which it was released.

On one hand I get the premise on why Cryptic/PWE did it the way they did, on the other hand, it can be very confusing.

Silver lining is we are basically "caught up" to PC now, and with Maze Engine being released in a couple weeks, we will be on the same module as PC, gap is about 45 days (until the next MOD at least & who knows if there will ever be concurrent releases).