test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to Switch to Valindra?

craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
With the Lostmauth Exchange option, is it time to switch to the valindra set?

Comments

• itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    You only need to switch belt and horn if you can afford upgrading something with better stats. Valindra set bonus is useless.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    elol set can still do 2-5% of your total damage if you are running a high crit build so tbh I guess it is still the best set if you are focusing at least a little bit on damage. Probably just orcus set is better for damage and like @itbls said the valindra set bonus is totally useless in PvE atm because CC isnt needed in any dungon.*
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    There will be a DPS nerf, and an exchange won't mitigate that.

The legendary stat difference in a switch to the Val set: -2060 Arpen, +1000 Lifesteal, +1060 Recovery.
    First priority is to ensure that, for your build, your Arpen will be ok.

You're probably giving up around 4% DPS on the Lostmauth set bonus, but picking up 4+% on the belt stats depending on your crit severity (+2 int, +2 cha) .
    In addition, you're getting the control bonus from the Val set, which *may* mean something in future class balancing efforts, if Cryptic bring back meaning to Control for Wizards.

A switch seems sensible at first look, but it's critical to make sure your build can cover the Arpen adjustment.
    Maybe you can switch some gear with recovery stats to gear with arpen stats.

All of this is about the relative merits of switching a set for a high Crit/Sev/Power DPS CW build.
    Don't forget that we can now explore the viability of non-Crit builds too!
    Time to re-examine what an owlbear cub companion might be able to do (e.g. dumping as much Crit as possible for Power + Recovery).

I'd just love to be wearing a belt and set actually for CWs :)
    Welcome back to world where we can have a variety of relatively viable builds :)
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    What about lostmauth neck, valindra belt and whatever artifact you like? It could be good option but I guess if you have lostmauth set and orcus, it is good to keep them.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    hastati96 said:

elol set can still do 2-5% of your total damage if you are running a high crit build so tbh I guess it is still the best set if you are focusing at least a little bit on damage. Probably just orcus set is better for damage and like @itbls said the valindra set bonus is totally useless in PvE atm because CC isnt needed in any dungon.*

@hastati96 you are assuming you are not running with a buff party, if you try running in a buff party the elol set drops to less than 1% of your damage. However, I have noticed that the lolset procs can proc stuff themselves, for example, the dread weapon DoT. If we can find something worth proccing, it may be worthwhile keeping the lolset purely for the sake of proccing something.

Also, I found the orcus set to be bad.
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    take greater owlbear belt for 4% more dps, surprised noone has even mentioned it in all the threads i looked.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    1% damage (from owlbear)= 400 power if I am right. Now compared to other belts?

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
    edited April 2016

1% damage (from owlbear)= 400 power if I am right. Now compared to other belts?

No, it is not. Its more complicated because the damage bonus from:

Power is: (1+new_power_bonus)/(1+old_power_bonus)

Int is: (1+new_int_bonus)/(1+old_int_bonus)

and ofc, then there is also int with learned spellcaster, so there are a lot of factors to take into consideration.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    So... ( it's a question, not an affirmation )

1) Lol neck + Lol belt + Lol artifact : +2692 power / +1060 crit / +2060 arp / +600 control bonus / +2 STR / +2 DEX

= 6.7% damage bonus ( from 0 ) / 2.6% crit ( from 0 ) / 20% RI ( from 0 ) and 1-5% additionnal damages depending of your build and team.

2) Lol neck + VT belt + Lol artifact : +2692 power / +1060 crit / +1530 arp / +530 Recovery / +600 control bonus / +2 INT / +2 CHA

= 6.7% ( from power ) + 2% ( from INT ) damage bonus / 2.6% ( from crit ) + 2% crit ( from CHA ) / 15% RI / 2% CA damage / 4.5% recharge speed / 1.25% AP gain

3) VT neck + VT bel + VT artifact : +2692 power / +1060 crit / +1060 recovery / + 1000 life steal / +600 control bonus / +2 INT / +2 CHA

= 6.7% ( from power ) + 2% ( from INT ) damage bonus / 2.6% ( from crit ) + 2% crit ( from CHA ) / 0% RI / 2% CA damage / 7% recharge speed / 1.25% AP gain / 2.5% life steal

-----------------------------------------------

+2% damage bonus +2% crit +2% CA damages and 15% RI seems to be a good alternative for builds with low additionnal damages from LoL bonus set after the fix ( 1-3% ) ?

A 100% VT set seems to be bad cause of 0 arp ( need a rework of stat allocation ) ?

And a Lol neck + Owlbear belt + Tiamat artifact option ? +2.8% damage bonus ( less power but +4 INT ) + 3.2% crit + 10% RI + AP gain from recovery and AP gain stat isn't a good option ?

• crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    So, if you have no issues with the ArmPen problem, going full Valindra may be worth it? Just a question because I would have no problem maintaining a -60% RI with full Valindra's.

I would think that the Greater Owlbear for the +4 INT might be an option for many builds as well. My friend has an MoF with the +4k crit mount so he's already refining one.
    Post edited by crizpynutz on
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I am tinking onswitching the Valindra belt. But I am unsure.
    I won't take the full set though. Full cc is rarely needed. When it does I have Cantankerous mage+Will o wisp - 40% cc.
  • nantiusnantius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Has anyone tested the BI set yet?
    Is the bonus worth a switch to it? The stats are not that bad...especially for a mof pvp cw or am I totally wrong?

mati
    nantius said:

Has anyone tested the BI set yet?

Is the bonus worth a switch to it? The stats are not that bad...especially for a mof pvp cw or am I totally wrong?

mati

The black ice bonus is terrible.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I think there's no doubt that you DON'T trade in all three pieces for the VT set bonus.

Keep the neck. Power/Crit/ArPen + AP% gain is fantastic. The Horn is ok. I might switch back to my GWF sigil, or trade it in for Tiamat's Orb. Power/Crit/ArPen/Rec/AP Gain is a good combo. I think that's better than the Horn.

Belt is an easy call. Back to Valindra's.

So I think the discussion is more about the pieces of the set, not complete set versus complete set.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • feralplatypusferalplatypus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    mirlegris said:

So... ( it's a question, not an affirmation )

1) Lol neck + Lol belt + Lol artifact : +2692 power / +1060 crit / +2060 arp / +600 control bonus / +2 STR / +2 DEX

= 6.7% damage bonus ( from 0 ) / 2.6% crit ( from 0 ) / 20% RI ( from 0 ) and 1-5% additionnal damages depending of your build and team.

2) Lol neck + VT belt + Lol artifact : +2692 power / +1060 crit / +1530 arp / +530 Recovery / +600 control bonus / +2 INT / +2 CHA

= 6.7% ( from power ) + 2% ( from INT ) damage bonus / 2.6% ( from crit ) + 2% crit ( from CHA ) / 15% RI / 2% CA damage / 4.5% recharge speed / 1.25% AP gain

3) VT neck + VT bel + VT artifact : +2692 power / +1060 crit / +1060 recovery / + 1000 life steal / +600 control bonus / +2 INT / +2 CHA

= 6.7% ( from power ) + 2% ( from INT ) damage bonus / 2.6% ( from crit ) + 2% crit ( from CHA ) / 0% RI / 2% CA damage / 7% recharge speed / 1.25% AP gain / 2.5% life steal

-----------------------------------------------

+2% damage bonus +2% crit +2% CA damages and 15% RI seems to be a good alternative for builds with low additionnal damages from LoL bonus set after the fix ( 1-3% ) ?

A 100% VT set seems to be bad cause of 0 arp ( need a rework of stat allocation ) ?

And a Lol neck + Owlbear belt + Tiamat artifact option ? +2.8% damage bonus ( less power but +4 INT ) + 3.2% crit + 10% RI + AP gain from recovery and AP gain stat isn't a good option ?

That's a great calculation. Thanks a lot!

Now re: Valindra's set CC bonus. I've been wondering: given that, if I understand correctly, all dps classes will do less dps and hence the fights will usually last longer and hence there will be more time for things to go awry, won't more CC be useful again?
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    @ironzerg79 are you still Ren or did you switch to Thaum?
  • bingbong1233333bingbong1233333 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    craolus said:

With the Lostmauth Exchange option, is it time to switch to the valindra set?

Hopefully this cannot be answered. I think the biggest issue the OP eLoL set caused us CWs was how it cornered us into similar builds / play style. Yeah, a control focused build is still not relevant, but with the changes to DPS across all classes it may make a more buff/debuff play style more enjoyable and even desired. I hope after these nerfs one set isn't an obvious BiS set and that mixing and matching will occur more often. Here's to hoping I guess.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood CW Jingle Billy

Aurora
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    @thejawlives Still Renegade. I've been unimpressed with anything I've seen from a Thaumaturge.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Thanks to those that have provided some maths / testing etc. and did the work on this one. It's appreciated
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    Lostmauth set was 2% of my damage in CN last night. However, I'm close to 4K IL. The higher IL you have and the more buff/debuff in the party, the less lostmauth contribution is. I'm actually thinking to change the belt and keep the neck.
    Whatever you do, don't go for the black ice set - the other CW had 48k damage from his 52 million in a CN run. Like 0,01% of damage.

Also I'm thinking about dropping conduit from Tab and add Sudden Storm with Dread's +75% crit severity.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    With the CW booster pack now its 25% purple Cantankerous mage+15% will-o-wisp+15%(25%) blue Slaad.
    Which is 55% cc w/o upgrading a costly artifact gear set with suboptimal stats (reco).
    Lostmauth neck stays!
    I can change the belt for Valindra.
    The Lostmauth artifact will be replaced for something better someday.
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User

Whatever you do, don't go for the black ice set - the other CW had 48k damage from his 52 million in a CN run. Like 0,01% of damage.

It was I ;) And Hi there o/

Since G. Black Ice cloak has the same stats as eLoL cloak, I'll keep it, and switch to Valindra belt for +CHA (for pve, i still think for PvP + CON is better). That leaves me with choice of artefact. And I'm not sure here.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I'm using Wheel of Elements, Valindra's Crown, Lantern, and Sigil of the Controller. Valindra belt and Lostmauth neck atm. I don't really need the ArmPen so I was considering going full Valindra even if the set bonus doesn't do much right now. Maybe it will someday.
  • firebreath86firebreath86 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I currently have the owlbear belt but doubting whether I should use the valindra belt as many suggest in here.
    The problem I have is that when comparing the two purple version I loose power, crit, recovery and 1 INT while gaining 1 Cha.
    Orange seems to have the same stats except for the INT vs CHA.

So my question is. How much better is CHA when compared to INT? keep in mind I'm not high geared (ilvl 2.593 atm)
  • xferxoxferxo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i will swicht to valindra, the more time the enemy is frozen u will do more dps and extra survivality, and the bonus sometimes says x2
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    My lostmauth belt its level 37 and i have a Valindra belt level 15, i don't know if i convert the lostmauth belt into valindra or save it for later and raise the Valindra belt i got!!!