test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange is too Expensive......Again!

dlanornennildlanornennil Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
(Originally posted by mistake on the xbox forum. It appears they are having the same issues....)

I bought in for the beta...I was in game the very first moment possible.. in fact the PE chat was empty when i logged in the first time and i watched it explode..so ya that is early in game... And Yes i have spent my own hard earn $$ several times through the years. Gladly.

But....

The Zen exchange is totally out of hand again.. This morning it cost 480 AD per single zen! THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS! Almost 1/2 a mill just to buy 1 month of the lowest VIP? They should cap it at 300 AD per zen .. And even that is very high.

In game i got the "the legendary mount has driven up the prices" ..BULL!
simple way around that is make that mount cost more.....
besides..i don't want it anyways!

Most of these people claiming the exchange is working properly, or that it is player driven are likely working for those EVIL BASTRAD AD selling web site's. They have Bot's running for them and fill the Zen exchange on purpose to max out the profits...
We are not all Capatilists ...right! . Not everyone see's this type of action as a good and honest thing...You do understand this...Right?

It used to be we could drop some AD on zome zen to buy a key here and there . maybe two or three a week.. If we didn't get what we wanted, at least we could sell the items to break even....or at least come close enough to make it worth while and fun! Now at almost 50K AD per zen... we can lose 20 & 30k AD per Key...
that is definetly getting to the out of reach stage when considering that we still have to save the almost 1/2 million AD for the VIP!
This game is not free :( Or at least does not appear that way any longer.
(The VIP keys seem to have a different drop %... I have no way to know for sure.. but it does seem keys bought from the store turn around better..?)

Anyone know any other plans for a Forgotten Realms MMO in the works? That isn't driven by those EVIL to the core off site AD sellers?

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    ??? There's demand at that rate, why would the sellers want to loose out? If you had some zen and somebody was willing to buy it at 480, would you pity the people and sell it at 280?
    FrozenFire
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Huh?

The exchange rate is where it is because there are people willing to trade at the current point.

There.are things that have pushed the rate up...50% discount on purple account-wide mounts, dread enchants and coalwscent wards...all those things increase the demand for Zen which pushes the rate up.

It is not all bad. For people that want to spend real money, now is a good time as you get a lot more AD than when the exchange rate was 380.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    As long as there's no backlog, it's no big deal. Of course the problem is if we're going in that direction then the backlog will come back sooner or later and that will be a big deal indeed.
    The fact is that AD is very easy to come by these days and the AD sinks have been greatly diminished with the latest changes, rpetty much you're no longer required to donate AD to guild coffers, think of all that AD that was taken away from the economy and now it's there, no wonder the AD inflated.
    Add leveling dungeons to the mix and you can see that dedicated farmers can still make a ton of AD if they want.

I think probably a huge nerf to possible maximum rough AD generation is in order. Something like a weekly account limit to refine rather than the daily per character one.
    Right now the maximum you can do in a week is 36k*50*7 = 12,6 millions, while this may seem unattainable to most players, something tells me that some bots or hardcore farmers are hitting or very close to that cap right now and, in the grand scheme of things, this is simply unacceptable. I would replace the 36k daily per character limit, with a 400k AD weekly per account limit.
    I know this isn't popular, but it would shoot down the AD/ZEN exchange pretty quickly.

Ah, also removing AD from invoking may be another thing to do... it's a very bot-friendly activity, you know... reminds a lot of leadership AD (with less impact though, thankfully).
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

As long as there's no backlog, it's no big deal. Of course the problem is if we're going in that direction then the backlog will come back sooner or later and that will be a big deal indeed.
    The fact is that AD is very easy to come by these days and the AD sinks have been greatly diminished with the latest changes, rpetty much you're no longer required to donate AD to guild coffers, think of all that AD that was taken away from the economy and now it's there, no wonder the AD inflated.
    Add leveling dungeons to the mix and you can see that dedicated farmers can still make a ton of AD if they want.

I think probably a huge nerf to possible maximum rough AD generation is in order. Something like a weekly account limit to refine rather than the daily per character one.
    Right now the maximum you can do in a week is 36k*50*7 = 12,6 millions, while this may seem unattainable to most players, something tells me that some bots or hardcore farmers are hitting or very close to that cap right now and, in the grand scheme of things, this is simply unacceptable. I would replace the 36k daily per character limit, with a 400k AD weekly per account limit.
    I know this isn't popular, but it would shoot down the AD/ZEN exchange pretty quickly.

O_o

Christ everyone just wants to shoot themselves in the foot.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Ahh the good old days, when zen never moved from 500 AD/zen, and you had to wait 1 week per million backlogged to get any. Everytime I calculate prices I have to remind myself that zen is NOT 500 anymore. Being down as low as 350 was a DREAM!

Be glad you have the opportunity right now to get it immediately.

BTW 50 characters is not the cap, and I bet there are VERY few people who are maxing AD every day....bots would even have a touch time doing that with the current system.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i am free to play i pay those buy zen with real money so i dont see any problem they can put whatever they want even 500 which is the cap.
    edited April 2016

Ah, also removing AD from invoking may be another thing to do... it's a very bot-friendly activity, you know... reminds a lot of leadership AD (with less impact though, thankfully).

i payed ad to make those 50 took months you are talking like i woke up with 50 characters level 70. do you know i couldnt be bis till make the ad buy the character slots ? do you know i was just an average item level? you pay that price you stay low till you make that army. HARD expensive and time consuming things give you the best return.

Ahh the good old days, when zen never moved from 500 AD/zen, and you had to wait 1 week per million backlogged to get any. Everytime I calculate prices I have to remind myself that zen is NOT 500 anymore. Being down as low as 350 was a DREAM!

Be glad you have the opportunity right now to get it immediately.

BTW 50 characters is not the cap, and I bet there are VERY few people who are maxing AD every day....bots would even have a touch time doing that with the current system.

true and add that : if i can have benefit from this do i need to buy ad from bot? no so they can make as many ad as they want from me they will take nothing they will put them in their HAMSTER sorry for the word.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2016

i payed ad to make those 50 took months you are talking like i woke up with 50 characters level 70.
    That means nothing, the AD cost is miniscule compared to the possible returns, in the long return the amount that can be generated by those armies becomes untolerable by the economy if it becomes widespread enough. We're already bouncing back to be near the ZAX cap, with all the problems of backlog that derive from it.

The problem is that Cryptic (well, the old dev team, because the new one seems more sensible and reasonable on this kind of stuff) had a short term vision and thought that this would be good because players would have forked up the necessary ZEN to unlock the slots past 8/16 characters (there's not any reason to go beyond the paragon paths and class choice) while not seeing that this was gonna be harmful for the game's economy in the long run.

I wouldn't cry foul on the day when AD is removed from invoke and/or an account-wise AD refine limit is put in place. Some things are coming sooner or later (like leadership AD, paladins bubble, lostmouth set, ecc...), considering how obvious they are...

i payed ad to make those 50 took months you are talking like i woke up with 50 characters level 70.
    That means nothing, the AD cost is miniscule compared to the possible returns, in the long return the amount that can be generated by those armies becomes untolerable by the economy if it becomes widespread enough. We're already bouncing back to be near the ZAX cap, with all the problems of backlog that derive from it.

The problem is that Cryptic (well, the old dev team, because the new one seems more sensible and reasonable on this kind of stuff) had a short term vision and thought that this would be good because players would have forked up the necessary ZEN to unlock the slots past 8/16 characters (there's not any reason to go beyond the paragon paths and class choice) while not seeing that this was gonna be harmful for the game's economy in the long run.

I wouldn't cry foul on the day when AD is removed from invoke and/or an account-wise AD refine limit is put in place. Some things are coming sooner or later (like leadership AD, paladins bubble, lostmouth set, ecc...), considering how obvious they are...
    i am fine with this at least the rp if stay i dont mind for the astral diamonds.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Hitting the 36k daily cap is non-trivial across many characters (or really even one). I have 9 characters and it's tough enough to net ~100k a day. I can do so reliably, but it takes a fair amount of time, and it's all from invoking and running ToS/Cloak twice on every character. Going beyond the ~11k AD that'll net you (depending on level and VIP) on each character is tough. Skirmish AD scales to level, so low level toons are a waste of time to run skirmishes on. Each salvage ring from demon HEs takes a good 15 minutes or so to acquire if things are going smoothly. So even if you bot up ToS/Cloak in ~15 minute each for 11k AD, and then bot up salvage rings for the remaining 25k AD (let's say it takes 8 rings: sometimes you'll get a +3), that's 150 minutes per character. There's 1440 minutes in a day, leaving you less than 10 characters you can fully refine.

You can try to make some improvements, but then you're getting into a more intensive program. If you've got an entire party worth of high powered guys you could have them blitz through things like VT/MC for extra salvage, or have them nuke Throne a couple of times for skirmish/salvage, but the investment is rather huge to get 5 high-geared toons across as many accounts. And of course you'll need the computing power and internet connections to get this all working. At some point this crosses over from "evil botting by one person" into "impressive technical accomplishment by a well-managed group of many people", at least in my mind. I kind of feel like they earned it legitimately by that point.