test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Villain's Menace multiplies damage increase of ITF instead of adding

kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
Casting VM then casting ITF results a multiplication of base DR and VM DR converted to damage increase by ITF (DR buff seems to be +20% as intended). I am not 100% sure but we did some live server test and the result seems all external DR buffs are multiplying the ITF damage increase (DC HG and AShield).
Test results of VM:
ITF (no VM): 57% damage increase
VM + ITF: 88% damage increase -> (1.57*1.2-1)*100=88% instead of (1.57+0.2-1)*100=77%

Feedback: I do agree w/ increasing the ITF damage increase by external buffs, but I would prefer the following changes (not the tooltip, the funtionality):
"In addition, all party members receive a small portion of your Max Hit Points as Temporary Hit Points and 25% of your Damage Resistance as increased Damage."
"Rank 2: ... damage buff +25%"
"Rank 4: ... damage buff +25%"

To:
"In addition, all party members receive a 5% of your Max Hit Points as Temporary Hit Points and 25% of your Damage Resistance (maximum 25%) as increased Damage."
"Rank 2: ... damage buff +25%, (max 50%); +5% Max temp HP"
"Rank 4: ... damage buff +25%, (max 100%); +5% max temp HP"

The damage increase hard cap is mandatory I think. W/ a DC (DO prefered b/c of foresight) ITF can boost close to 250%+ damage increase. It is definetly too much in the point of view of the current changes (and in general btw).

If at rank 4 20% temp hp is too much, it can be lowerd to 2,5% per rank (max 10% of max HP and I think it is the party member's max HP not the GF's max HP). The current temp HP what it grants has no use especially w/ the THP fix was done in a few weeks before (what was needed).

/OFF
To all who are going to comment here:
My honest request is to be constructive. Please do not rage, it has no use.

And some info about me (just to prevent the "you have no...." posts:
My number 1 main is a DC (AC/Virt/GoH) and I like the changes of the DC.
My number 2 main is a GF (SM/Conq) and I would like him to be a correct protector/buffer but not an overbuffer.

Comments

• olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Casting VM then casting ITF results a multiplication of base DR and VM DR converted to damage increase by ITF (DR buff seems to be +20% as intended). I am not 100% sure but we did some live server test and the result seems all external DR buffs are multiplying the ITF damage increase (DC HG and AShield).
    Test results of VM:
    ITF (no VM): 57% damage increase
    VM + ITF: 88% damage increase -> (1.57*1.2-1)*100=88% instead of (1.57+0.2-1)*100=77%

Feedback: I do agree w/ increasing the ITF damage increase by external buffs, but I would prefer the following changes (not the tooltip, the funtionality):
    "In addition, all party members receive a small portion of your Max Hit Points as Temporary Hit Points and 25% of your Damage Resistance as increased Damage."
    "Rank 2: ... damage buff +25%"
    "Rank 4: ... damage buff +25%"

To:
    "In addition, all party members receive a 5% of your Max Hit Points as Temporary Hit Points and 25% of your Damage Resistance (maximum 25%) as increased Damage."
    "Rank 2: ... damage buff +25%, (max 50%); +5% Max temp HP"
    "Rank 4: ... damage buff +25%, (max 100%); +5% max temp HP"

The damage increase hard cap is mandatory I think. W/ a DC (DO prefered b/c of foresight) ITF can boost close to 250%+ damage increase. It is definetly too much in the point of view of the current changes (and in general btw).

If at rank 4 20% temp hp is too much, it can be lowerd to 2,5% per rank (max 10% of max HP and I think it is the party member's max HP not the GF's max HP). The current temp HP what it grants has no use especially w/ the THP fix was done in a few weeks before (what was needed).

/OFF
    To all who are going to comment here:
    My honest request is to be constructive. Please do not rage, it has no use.

And some info about me (just to prevent the "you have no...." posts:
    My number 1 main is a DC (AC/Virt/GoH) and I like the changes of the DC.
    My number 2 main is a GF (SM/Conq) and I would like him to be a correct protector/buffer but not an overbuffer.

yeah, this is something what we really need in pve, but it shouldn't make them(Tank-Class) to one hitter in pvp!
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    All buffs in the game are multiplicative. That's not a bug.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2016

All buffs in the game are multiplicative. That's not a bug.

VM increases the DR by +20% (tested). ITF grants GF's DR as damage boost. It is a bug.
    BTW, DR buffing/debuffing effects are additive (or you could never debuff enemy beyond 0% DR), damage buffing/debuffing effects are multiplicative.
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Would it not be okay if the buffs on ITF were to stack additively instead of how you described it multiplicatively?
    Otherwise they would have to redo their entire buff / debuff system, because right now almost all cross class buffs stack multiplicativ
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Maybe make it a flat buff (unrelated to damage resistance) and forget all the procs/multipliers/etc. It gets confusing fast.
    I do think the temp HP part should be increased.

• kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

Would it not be okay if the buffs on ITF were to stack additively instead of how you described it multiplicatively?
    Otherwise they would have to redo their entire buff / debuff system, because right now almost all cross class buffs stack multiplicativ

I am not sure we are aligned. The ITF grants: at rank1 increases the damage of allies by 25% of the GF's DR. It is 50% damage increase of GF's DR at rank2, 75% at rank 3 and 100% damage increase of GF's DR at rank4. Was this what you were referring to? I don't ask to change this, just add a hard cap -> max 25% damage increase at Rank1, ... max 100% damage increase at Rank4.
    I do not know why VM DR increase multiplies the damage increase of ITF - I think it is a bug. From my tests it seemed the DR increase itself is additive.
  • blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    You do realize that VM will also boost your DMG right? I've tested it multiple times and the DR of VM will NOT boost itf. Don;t look at your dmg tool-tip. Look at others. The tooltip even says that you deal additional damage.

There are many other buffs that will boost ITF but NONE of the self DR buffs from a GFs own power will work on it.