test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please be Mindful Altering Gift of Haste

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
I agree completely that the current implementation of Gift of Haste is very over-powered. However, Cryptic has a history of swinging the pendulum too far when making corrections. My feeling is that the proposed correction represents an over-correction, and that DCs will abandon this tree in droves. The goal certainly is to make all trees approximately equally useful, so that the player can choose from three equal paths that best match their personal play style.

> This means at best you are maintaining 1% AP gain per second for your party. Coupled with the changes to the Paladin powers, you might have to start caring about picking who you are healing with which powers, instead of just throwing HoTs out with little care as to who is getting healed by what.

This is probably not enough benefit to justify this path. I totally look forward to the prospect of healers caring how they target their heals. I abandoned my second character, a 3 year old DC, because healing became totally unnecessary. I really enjoyed active healing in the early days.

> It’s incredibly powerful for a single Feat to provide this level of effectiveness to your entire team

True, but DC's that take this path take it only for this feat. There is nothing else in the feat tree that seems very useful, compared to the other trees available. If you take away the meaningful level of AP gain, you will need to modify the other feats to be more useful.

My suggestion

Reduce AP gain, but by less. The duration of other problematic dailies is already being reduced so you are effectively double-correcting the issue introduced by high AP gain.

When you do the "big changes" in class balance, consider further reducing the AP gain if needed but also changing the other feats in this tree to make them more useful.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2016

> This means at best you are maintaining 1% AP gain per second for your party. Coupled with the changes to the Paladin powers, you might have to start caring about picking who you are healing with which powers, instead of just throwing HoTs out with little care as to who is getting healed by what.

This is probably not enough benefit to justify this path. I totally look forward to the prospect of healers caring how they target their heals. I abandoned my second character, a 3 year old DC, because healing became totally unnecessary. I really enjoyed active healing in the early days.

> It’s incredibly powerful for a single Feat to provide this level of effectiveness to your entire team

True, but DC's that take this path take it only for this feat. There is nothing else in the feat tree that seems very useful, compared to the other trees available. If you take away the meaningful level of AP gain, you will need to modify the other feats to be more useful.

My suggestion

Reduce AP gain, but by less. The duration of other problematic dailies is already being reduced so you are effectively double-correcting the issue introduced by high AP gain.

When you do the "big changes" in class balance, consider further reducing the AP gain if needed but also changing the other feats in this tree to make them more useful.

Concerning gift of haste, the dev seems to criticize how the players used the power that the devs themselves gave the game: a slight contraddiction. If they didn't want that, please test better next time. One year to be aware of this?
    Concerning the path, that's not GoH only: please check better the virtuous path.
    But you're right to some extent: the GoH nerf has a big impact on the virtuous path.
    Please don't be general: declare what you what. Asking "better feats" without telling what you want is not useful.
    I suggest to rework the mitigation features of the virtuous path, starting from Unbreakeble Devotion which should be upgraded to mitigate damage at 10^4 magnitude in PvE and not 10^3.
    - Cleasing fire could be reworked to decrease control/stun effectivness.
    - The shield of Divine, should be a shield and not another source of HoT. It could provide a kind of immunity procced by events or more damage resistance influencing as examples the duration of Astral shield or giving some value to Warden flaew/Geas which are useless powers today.

What they are doing is not a class balance: this is a nerf only.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I ran a guild party through eToS on preview yesterday with my Prot OP and my partner's Virt DC (and the rest DPS).

My OP's AP refilled in 15-20 seconds while in combat. And I never once used the "bubble".

The nerf is not going to be that bad.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    The AP DC did not get nerfed. Gift of haste, if used right provides more AP gain than before. This is a case of armchair min/max'ers not actually coming to preview and actually looking at the changes with actual data. AP gain is far greater with the new buff and stacks ridiculously. Theres even what seems to be a bug where the old Gift of haste is applying sometimes with the new gift of haste causing crazy gains at times.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    kitkathd said:

The AP DC did not get nerfed. Gift of haste, if used right provides more AP gain than before. This is a case of armchair min/max'ers not actually coming to preview and actually looking at the changes with actual data. AP gain is far greater with the new buff and stacks ridiculously. Theres even what seems to be a bug where the old Gift of haste is applying sometimes with the new gift of haste causing crazy gains at times.

I've provided data about GOH both as it is now and from the preview server. What you're saying is not true. Period.
    If you have data to support what you're saying, please share them, otherwise it's just background noise.

This is GoH as it is today (the values are influenced by my build/stats).

Starting from the bottom line, here the AP gain from GoH:

116,5 = 11,65% is DG
    88,3 = 8,83% is BoH
    3x116,5 = 3 x 11,65% = 3x Divinity SB
    2x88,3 = 2 x 8,83% = 2 x Divinity DG

This is GoH from the preview server. The nerf is given both by the mechanic (a new HoT reset the timer = you lose part of the AP from the previous HoT power if you cast it too early) and AP over time slows down the gain. The amout of AP is the same over 5 secs.
    23 (2,3%) is DG -> 2.3% * 5 = 11,5% as it is now. It doesn't provide more as you're stating.
    Take a time range you like and sum up the total AP gain. Example 3xDivine SB in 4 seconds as it is today= + 34,5%, and now check 2.3*4 = 9,2% on preview. The same uh? No, it's not a nerf (sarcasm).

"There's even what seems to be..." = Rumors Mode.
    If there is bug, please report it (with some data/picture/video, why not?) following the official channels.

Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF