test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Mail me something and I'll mail you something back :-) "

Anyone else sick of seeing this constantly spammed in the protectors enclave chat and do any suckers actually fall for this?

I dont see why people don't report these spammers and put an end to this annoying garbage..

Comments

• raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Sounds super legit
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Yeah, like send me your weapon enchant and i'll upgrade it for you...uh no.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • littlevale#6076 littlevale Member Posts: 119 Arc User

Anyone else sick of seeing this constantly spammed in the protectors enclave chat and do any suckers actually fall for this?

I dont see why people don't report these spammers and put an end to this annoying garbage..

I actually participated in this about a month ago, late one night. Like you, I was very skeptical, but I ended up getting some really nice profession stuff so I passed on good things to keep it going.

It isn't spam or annoying garbage; I am glad to have made a couple of new friends to run with. It's easy to keep an open mind on something without being a "sucker."
  • dkrue84#4876 dkrue84 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I personally find the whole concept ridiculous and when they spam it for hours and hours straight it gets annoying.
  • abaddbunnyabaddbunny Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I agree with the previous poster partially that it gets annoying seeing this constantly spammed, I too tried to keep an open mind and sent some basic stuff to "test". I got nothing in return and left it at that. No big loss on my part as what I sent was nothing expensive. I just wonder what the motive is to spend their time spamming this, other than trying to lure some poor fool into sending them something good....?...but if you seriously did that I'd have to say you got what you deserved being that gullible.
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    @badbunny09 it's exactly what you said. Its the same as an email that says you won the lottery. Most people look at it and see scam, but there are some. And these people are looking for those few that take the bait.

To take it a step forawrd, you send something just for the lulz and in return you get a superior mark. "Oh wow" you think, "that was pretty legit". Then you start talking to the person, find out he or she is pretty nice, and game over. Before you know it, youve escalated to sending epic companion packs, you get nothing in return and the account that recieved the items doesn't exist anymore.
  • abaddbunnyabaddbunny Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    exactly, that's why I just left it at an inexpensive item...it reeked of "Nigerian bank" scam when I saw it, but as previously stated I was trying to play along with a cheap item...ahh well no big loss on my end, but I do wish the in game chat box had moderators....sigh..
  • dkrue84#4876 dkrue84 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Haha, its definitely like a Nigerian Bank scam and those who defend it and say its cool are probably the one's doing it to others.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    "Mail me something and I mail you something back"

Well, its actually not a scam as long as you get "something" back.
    For example if you send in a legendary black ice war horse and get back a simple "thank you" message, well the promise was kept. It's "something"
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Or you could send them a bit of junk, take the nice bait then block them ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox