test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

missing CW balance?

Hey there! First of all I really like some changes that will be done for class balance but I also have to say that it seems that CWs will need an adjustement too.
CWs and GWFs are the two classes that benefit the most from the elol set. The gwfs will lose about 30% of their damage which is okay in my opinion because they hit too hard by far. I guess it will bring them go a fair level.
Hr, Tr and Sw dont benefit that much from the elol set so I dont think it will really be a nerf for them.

I think the real problem will be the CWs. We are already quite "bad" damage dealers (hr, tr, sw and gwf can easily outdps us) and we will lose also 30% of our damage. The class doesnt have the best buffs and debuffs too so I guess we will get problems with dungeons and the group play. On the one hand why should someone take a CW who doesnt do more damage than a Tr, Hr, Sw or Gwf? And on the other hand why should someone take a CW who isnt able to buff/debuff more than a Dc or Gf?

I am playing a BIS CW and I have already problems to challenge any other class in damage. CC is not really needed and our buffs are not that great. I just think we should also have something that makes our class special and that is needed. If we wont get an adjustment too We will really get a problem.

I dont want to offend anyone with this. I just think that the changes will create an unbalance in this way furthermore I would like to hear some more opinions about this.

greetings :)
Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    OUR renegade capstone chaotic nexsus has been bugged since forever as are many others that cause dps loss
    even fixing some of our major class bugs would help balance us
    @devs Please contact me for testing and balance issues happy to help
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Well, two things. Be careful to say other classes not benifit from elol set that much. HR is the case but tr and Sw too? Have you checked ACT? I at least saw 20+% damage of tr from elol set. That is also a lot.

MoF Rene CW can do great job on buff/debuff. It is one of the best support path, especially for a striker class. There is no reason to complain that. I do think cw's base damage is a bit low, but I don't use elol set on my cw and I have no difficulty to do any pve content. Before you claim cw is a underdog, I would like to see more numbers.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    It's even worse than I thought it would be.

Lostmauth procs can't crit. CW just got boned hard.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User

If lostmauth doesn't crit it's a big damage hit to SW since the current meta build relies on the crits to generate spark. They even nerfed harrowstorm so it doesn't proc lol damage and harrowstorm isn't a great ability already.

CW also greatly benefits from the owlbear cub, which is providing a large percentage of CW damage even when having high crit chance. The overall change to paladin means control will be more important, and the class has some of the best control.
  • spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User

If lostmauth doesn't crit it's a big damage hit to SW since the current meta build relies on the crits to generate spark. They even nerfed harrowstorm so it doesn't proc lol damage and harrowstorm isn't a great ability already.

CW also greatly benefits from the owlbear cub, which is providing a large percentage of CW damage even when having high crit chance. The overall change to paladin means control will be more important, and the class has some of the best control.

"Greatly" isn't the right word here lol. It made up around 35-40% the DPS of the eLoL set. It's not viable at all on a high crit CW.

Between the SS nerf and this, that puts us around 70-80% behind the DPS we had on mod 5, which is pretty much half the DPS of

Well, two things. Be careful to say other classes not benifit from elol set that much. HR is the case but tr and Sw too? Have you checked ACT? I at least saw 20+% damage of tr from elol set. That is also a lot.

MoF Rene CW can do great job on buff/debuff. It is one of the best support path, especially for a striker class. There is no reason to complain that. I do think cw's base damage is a bit low, but I don't use elol set on my cw and I have no difficulty to do any pve content. Before you claim cw is a underdog, I would like to see more numbers.

We already knew the ACTs from before lol. A BiS CW (4k) was getting out-DPSed by some 2.8k-3k SWs and GWFs. The gap has only widened now. Yes, the other classes do less DPS now, but only marginally. This barely affects the already broken SW burst damage and was only a 20-40% nerf for GWFs. They're still VERY viable.

They would literally have to make Storm Spell crit again and double the damage of Smolder/Rimfire to balance CWs out now. And everyone would just HAMSTER about it. Or if they MUST make us control-heavy again, they'd have to make freeze last twice as long and be irresistible, which everyone would also HAMSTER about.
  • jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User

"Greatly" isn't the right word here lol. It made up around 35-40% the DPS of the eLoL set. It's not viable at all on a high crit CW.

Between the SS nerf and this, that puts us around 70-80% behind the DPS we had on mod 5, which is pretty much half the DPS
    If you had half the dps of mod 5 you would never kill anything in mod 9. CW lost ~10% from SS change, but picked up a lot from the addition of spell twisting, and elemental reinforcement.

CW needs some adjustments all the new mounts and companions benefit the class a lot - just check the CW forums about the OwlBear Cub and high crit CW. The fact that people barely have time to cast an at will tells me that Spell twisting should be cut in half at least (getting the equivalent of 8000 recovery is a bit much) - CW encounters are very short for the most part, but spell twisting makes it ridiculous.

I've seen BIS CW beat BIS GWF in CN by double. Several CW have even soloed the new CN, and all CW groups have also run it successfully.

It's propaganda that CW damage is low.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

Between the SS nerf and this, that puts us around 70-80% behind the DPS we had on mod 5, which is pretty much half the DPS
    If you had half the dps of mod 5 you would never kill anything in mod 9. CW lost ~10% from SS change, but picked up a lot from the addition of spell twisting, and elemental reinforcement.

CW needs some adjustments all the new mounts and companions benefit the class a lot - just check the CW forums about the OwlBear Cub and high crit CW. The fact that people barely have time to cast an at will tells me that Spell twisting should be cut in half at least (getting the equivalent of 8000 recovery is a bit much) - CW encounters are very short for the most part, but spell twisting makes it ridiculous.

I've seen BIS CW beat BIS GWF in CN by double. Several CW have even soloed the new CN, and all CW groups have also run it successfully.

If a BiS CW beats a BiS GWF in CN on live server, the GWF sucks. If he gets beaten by double numbers then he shouldn't even play a GWF.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

"one of the best support path" is a bit too much. You should get the buffs and debuffs of other classes. What does MoF have? -20% trough Smolder. If you dont use HV it isnt even a debuff build in my opinion.

If a BiS CW beats a BiS GWF in CN on live server, the GWF sucks. If he gets beaten by double numbers then he shouldn't even play a GWF.
    I am mostly playing with bis players and I wouldnt call myself a bad CW but a gwf who does 1/2 of a CWs dmg? Whut? Usually the Gwf has the CW´s damage 2-3 times.
    The reality is that 4k HR, TR, SW and GWF can easily outdps a 4k CW in every dungeon. This is what happened to me quite often. CW is currently not the best class for PvE and the -30% dmg nerf with the lol set will break our neck.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

Hey there! First of all I really like some changes that will be done for class balance but I also have to say that it seems that CWs will need an adjustement too.
    CWs and GWFs are the two classes that benefit the most from the elol set. The gwfs will lose about 30% of their damage which is okay in my opinion because they hit too hard by far. I guess it will bring them go a fair level.
    Hr, Tr and Sw dont benefit that much from the elol set so I dont think it will really be a nerf for them.

I think the real problem will be the CWs. We are already quite "bad" damage dealers (hr, tr, sw and gwf can easily outdps us) and we will lose also 30% of our damage. The class doesnt have the best buffs and debuffs too so I guess we will get problems with dungeons and the group play. On the one hand why should someone take a CW who doesnt do more damage than a Tr, Hr, Sw or Gwf? And on the other hand why should someone take a CW who isnt able to buff/debuff more than a Dc or Gf?

I am playing a BIS CW and I have already problems to challenge any other class in damage. CC is not really needed and our buffs are not that great. I just think we should also have something that makes our class special and that is needed. If we wont get an adjustment too We will really get a problem.

I dont want to offend anyone with this. I just think that the changes will create an unbalance in this way furthermore I would like to hear some more opinions about this.

greetings :)

O cw is one of the best debuffer buffers in game and ppl will still want cw for cc part for example if u have cw u can easy do vt or mc with no healer or tank and with even 2k team

yeah some cws can be on pair with my gwf (but he uses p terror if p vorpal on him think only 4k might beat him)or a bit better but think elol set nerf will bring gwf down more then cw
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2016

That was probably a lousy GWF.

The remaining CW who hasn't left his class after mod4 nerfs and mod6 storm spell nerf will leave for SW/GWF or something else for sure now if CW doesn't got some buff.

Or yes CW can be a buffer/support class but sorry I just use my DC/GF for that if I want to buff/support the party.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

I am one of those CW's who have soloed CN and whilst I am most definitely not the best PVE CW, I would say I am in the top 50. The thing is, yes, I can do more damage than those badly built GWF's who don't know how to play their class, but anyone can do more damage than someone who doesn't know how to play their class, but in comparison to those GWFs who can play their class, I do only half of their damage on a good day and act says I have 66% of their dps.

All of that aside, GWFs and CWs both benefit equally from the elol set in terms of %of their damage, the difference is, CWs current;y hit as hard as any other support class does assuming they are built for damage rather than support. What is the big difference?

DC: Can deal damage AND still debuff to some extent.
    GF: Can deal damage AND still use into the fray

CW: Can deal damage, OR can debuff.

For CW, choosing to deal damage involves making a sacrifice, you always sacrifice something as CW in order to excel at something else. That is the key difference between CW and other support classes. Now, there is going to be a situation where CW doesn't hit as hard as the other support classes whilst they are specced purely for dps, which essentially pigeonholes the class into a pure support class. After such a change, if you were comparing all classes pure dps builds to each other than the only class doing less dps than a CW is an OP.

How much do the different classes benefit from the set?
    GWF/CW 30%+
    TR: 17-22%
    HR/DC/SW/OP/GG: Less than 10%.

Here is the question you have to ask yourselves, which classes are going to suffer the most from such a nerf? The CW and GWF will. At the moment, the CW is a balanced class, likely THE MOST BALANCED CLASS in the game. What happens when you take a balanced class and you nerf its performance significantly? its no longer balanced, its underpowered.
    Ok, here are some combat logs of a NON buff scenario, testing with a level 60 weapon, 60% crit chance, a dread weapon enchant and no active companion:

Live:

Preview:

At first you might say, "A 9% loss in dps doesn't seem so bad" but the thing is, it isn't a 9% dps loss, because there aren't any buffs and the only way to properly demonstrate how much of a dps loss it is would be in a party against some target with infinite life and unfortunately there is no dummy that currently exists in the game that allows you to replicate those circumstances.

The best explanation I can give is this, in a buff party on live, infantile compensation is close to 1% of my dps because it doesn't benefit from buffs, but solo, its a large portion of my dps. The elol set in a group will drop to less than 1% of my dps, where before it was ~28% (with higher crit when I have companions summoned etc). Those buffs that previously made it so strong, are now the reason why it is worthless and why whilst you cannot see much of a difference on dummies, it will be noticeable in dungeons.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Judging from the act logs you hit about 5% less on your preview test (if you compare the hits of your encounters/swings etc.

Being effected by buffs will bring the lostmauth/infantile down, but remember GWFs and other classes will also get reduction in damage across the board.

We have to look at all classes results and compare them before balances can be implemented.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    grimah said:

Judging from the act logs you hit about 5% less on your preview test (if you compare the hits of your encounters/swings etc.

Being effected by buffs will bring the lostmauth/infantile down, but remember GWFs and other classes will also get reduction in damage across the board.

We have to look at all classes results and compare them before balances can be implemented.

I am looking at "DPS" because "DPS" remains the same regardless of the number of hits/swings
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User

I am looking at "DPS" because "DPS" remains the same regardless of the number of hits/swings

Ah yes, my mistake.

But still, theres no need for people to act hysterical due to these changes, when you need to compare the outcome from other classes too. That is the whole point in this, to bring EVERY class down so content isn't so trivial.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    grimah said:

Ah yes, my mistake.

But still, theres no need for people to act hysterical due to these changes, when you need to compare the outcome from other classes too. That is the whole point in this, to bring EVERY class down so content isn't so trivial.
    Yeah, but the nerf is worst for CW, I can show you the difference between a CN run on live and preview with the same group if you like, I lost approximately 50% of my damage.
    edited April 2016

grimah said:

Ah yes, my mistake.

Yeah, but the nerf is worst for CW, I can show you the difference between a CN run on live and preview with the same group if you like, I lost approximately 50% of my damage.
    nope gwf lost the most with this nerf this set do some 30 70% dps on it depends on crtic rates and comapanion and p vorpal doubt this could proc for 200k on cw (can do this on bosses with just sure strike using)
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    warpet said:

grimah said:

Ah yes, my mistake.

nope gwf lost the most with this nerf this set do some 30 70% dps on it depends on crtic rates and comapanion and p vorpal doubt this could proc for 200k on cw (can do this on bosses with just sure strike using)
    GWF was overpowered with the LM set, CW was not. Now with the nerf GWF is more balanced while the CW is now underperforming both in PvE and PvP.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

warpet said:

grimah said:

Ah yes, my mistake.

GWF was overpowered with the LM set, CW was not. Now with the nerf GWF is more balanced while the CW is now underperforming both in PvE and PvP.
    This was the reason I started this thread. People still think CWs are top dps in PvE but this isnt the case anymore. The lol set nerf hits us the most, not the GWFs because they are on a normal damage level now. CWs will be totally underpowered and mostly useless in my opinion.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    Great times ahead. Thank God I'm on vacation right now B)
  • spiritualxblspiritualxbl Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    hastati96 said:

warpet said:

grimah said:

Ah yes, my mistake.

This was the reason I started this thread. People still think CWs are top dps in PvE but this isnt the case anymore. The lol set nerf hits us the most, not the GWFs because they are on a normal damage level now. CWs will be totally underpowered and mostly useless in my opinion.
    This. Most non-GWFs will tell you that GWFs were very over-powered before this nerf. This brings them down to where they should be, but they're still very powerful DPS. CWs were very under-powered without the Lostmauth set.

Put it this way. A BiS GWF could out-DPS a BiS CW by 30-50% BEFORE the Lostmauth set nerf. Now after the nerf, GWFs are still a bit stronger than CWs before the nerf, and CWs went down 30-50% from that. That's not fair. That's not balance. GWFs are now balanced and CWs went from being sort of balanced to being the most under-powered DPS class in the game. GFs and DCs can now out-DPS us if built correctly. And if you don't see the problem with that, you're beyond delusional.

I didn't mention SWs, because the majority of them rely on broken mechanics and will likely be fixed soon, so I think that will balance them out.

Great times ahead. Thank God I'm on vacation right now B)

@wixxgs1cht get your rear end back home and help me test :p
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    null
    Will do in about a week :-)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Last thing I'll say on this issue. Look at the bigger picture. Having a class who's DPS balance existed only because of a broken item set was not sustainable.

Adjustments will need to be made to the CW, I'm sure of it. And I'm confident they'll be addressed.

These first round of changes are to get the game back to a baseline. Things can then more accurately be addressed from there. And when that happens, we'll be ready.

The good news for the CW community is that we have quite a few intelligent, articulate and passionate players in our midst. We have plenty of people who can test changes and offer up intelligent, meaningful feedback to the developers, and I'm confident we'll end up in a good place once the dust settles.

Most of the CW community is fairly aligned with what we feel our class should do, and are generally reasonable in accepting what we can't. No one here cares that much for PvP, which is a blessing. I guarantee you when class threads start, every other class will be bogged down with stupid epeen arguments about PvP, and nothing will get done. We also typically have fewer trolls who inhabit the wizard tower, and it's rare to see CW's resorting to silly ad hominem attacks on each other, instead of discussing the issues at hand. I think we as a group can be counted on to calmly address the changes and provide feedback, getting us back to where we need to be.

If people remember the last time they did major balance changes, people were again crying the death of the CW. Myself and a few other posters here followed the changes closing, provided feedback and the CW left being in an extremely competitive state. And everyone else here has been able to enjoy the fruits of those labors for a few updates now.

So again, let's just take each situation as it comes, and respond intelligently to it.

What we know is going to happen...the DPS component coming from Lostmauth's for a CW was 20-40% (assuming assumptions, right?). It's now likely coming in at about 3-5%, assuming you still use that set.

That being said, the CW was in a good, middle of the road DPS spot, while still having some CC and buffing/debuffing utility, which I think was good. Could always be better, but it was good. With the Lostmauth fix, we're going to be impacted pretty hard.

I know @amenar has a lot of his plate with the changes, but I sincerely hope at some point he'll open up a dialog with the CW community to discuss exactly what role he envisions CWs filling in the new meta of Neverwinter, and be open to feedback on the community as to how best achieve that position.

It's a discussion I'm very much looking forward to having.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    i dont want my class to be broken too cw is the most balanced class than any other class is not my job to be top vs boss my job is vs trash. if you dont like it change class pff enough. even with the spell twisting only you still keep some control vs the high cc resist mobs if you pay attention on your rotation.
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Your logic is sound Zerg and I have no real arguments against it. We are a versatile group and that was proven when SS got nerfed, people (you were one of those people) got in front of it and found work arounds. One of the solutions to make up for the SS nerf was to use the lostmauth set (with the warning that it is not working as intended and will probably get nerfed, almost 1 year ago), which most of the community did. I am not the sky is falling type of guy and I agree that lostmauth needs to be fixed.
    Here is my concern atm, as I have stated in previous other posts, CW's weren't even a discussion point about this nerf. If it goes through and CW aren't even on the drawing board it will take months for us to get some acknowledgement that maybe our secondary ability (Striker) is not quite up to par. As it stands right now no one wants or needs a Primary controller in there group.
    Maybe I and many others are looking at it all wrong but I do not see any builds that recommend any other set that will keep us relevant for dungeon runs and end game content. There quit a few mages claiming that they don't use the lostmauth set and have great dps. But they are very silent about there builds and/or only give us random data that really doesn't explain much. If there is a build out there right now that is doing better with out the lostmauth set lets the CW community hear about. If it keeps us relevant for all content I would love to hear about it and see some concrete data, then this conversation becomes mote. I do alot of spec testing on the test shard (duh), use ACT, and i'm not beyond trying anything out who knows maybe I can figure something out.
    The end result of this nerf if were to go through today would be groups looking to make up for the lost dps by adding those that can do more than us (with a lower gear score), i.e. GWF, SW,.... For those that have good guilds they will not necessarily be as affected by it because a good guild try's to incorporate all it's members regardless of play-style. But what about the stragglers or the one's that don't do the guild thing? They will probably look at the other classes and go... hmm I can to more dps with less of an AD sink... yeah maybe CW is not for me anymore. The lostmauth nerf is more less a targeted fix on GWF's because the set makes them DPS beasts. They don't need the set to continue to be DPS beasts, which is there only relevant job atm, off tank who needs one?? I know because I have one that doesn't have lostmauth and has meh gear but his DPS is amazing. But, how does nerf effect the other classes that rely on DPS to keep them competitive and desired in a group setting? Thats what we are starting to find out.

In the state of the game letter it states:

"We planned for the design of the Class Review in one development cycle, the review work as part of another, and the fixes in a third. The complexity of classes, including their efficacy and balance for example, is such that rushing the work in one development cycle wouldn’t work. It certainly hadn’t in the past. So we needed to spend the time to really build a process and plan that we have faith in. Now that we have the right support in place for an improved class review, it is on the top of our list."

So it will take 3 development cycles for any class to get changes done for it. How do the DPS classes feel about the lostmauth nerf now? Maybe the Dev's already have some things planned that overcome these new challenges... We do not know and as far a I know the only real changes are what can be found on the test server. Maybe the lostmauth nerf doesn't hit until 3 development cycles, which again makes this a mote conversation. If the nerf doesn't happen for 3 development cycles, people please get on the test shard and let the Dev's know what works and doesn't.

Is doom and gloom for the CW's and other dps that might use lostmauth? I don't know but I know it doesn't feel good when my DPS takes easily a 19 percent hit and controllers are not needed for end game content. I don't want this to go down like the leadership nerf did...

a.) Dev's: 1-1.5 month were looking at data it appears there is a problem with AD.
    Community: Yeah there might be something wrong and I kinda don't like were this is headed. Hey what about all these AD sinks?
    b.) Dev's: Data analyzed (bombshell), Hey yeah so the data looks like to much AD so in 3 days leadership will be nerfed.
    Community: Yeah I don't like this one bit. Hey what about all these AD sinks?
    c.) Dev's: Still analyzing data....

It took over 6 months to get rid of some the crazy AD sinks. Did leadership need to get nerfed? At this point most everyone will agree it did. Was it handled correctly? Umm, I'm not sure. I think it could have been phased out as the AD sinks got removed and the community would not have been so up in arms about the AD nerf. I think to date the AD nerf discussion is still the largest post on this forum.
    I just don't want to see a leadership style nerf handled on a class with no real direction, this makes people angry and want to leave the game or do another class. The nerf, if handled correctly will still make people angry and remiss for days gone by, but more willing to adapt to the change and not leave the game and continue to play there favorite class.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I want to look at this from a different angle. IMO, every class should have at least three fundamentally different, viable endgame builds, serving different roles, typically corresponding to the three trees.

This is currently true for the DC class, which is currently in a good place IMO - neither underpowered nor overpowered and with several different, useful builds (although the "haste DC" build just got a lot less useful.

However (and that is the important point here) the CW does not have the same number of viable options. In particular, the "High-crit DPS" build took a big blow, as those CWs had basically been pushed into using the Lostmauth set although it was never meant for them.

So, the changes to the set may be good and necessary, but they limit the CWs options by making one of their most popular builds no longer viable.

Something needs to be done to compensate.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Wizards already get a bonus to overcome control resist, right? Just increase that bonus to compensate for the lower damage.
    I don't think the solution here is to make the Wizard "just another" striker class that plays like all the others but with different graphics.
    warpet said:

grimah said:

Ah yes, my mistake.

nope gwf lost the most with this nerf this set do some 30 70% dps on it depends on crtic rates and comapanion and p vorpal

warpet said:

grimah said:

Ah yes, my mistake.

and all gwf can do is dps I feel more useful on my renegade mof cw or tactician gf then I do on gwf ( so I can see no reason why this would be bigger problem for cw then gwf since cws have plenty other stuff they bring to team