test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion:Daily AD in leveling dungeons

dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Daily AD for leveling dungeons are being abused by some players.Players with level 70 alts use this dungeons as their AD farms and it is killing the fun running these dungeons for new starters.You might think of implementing some sort of level check for players like event drops.They should stop giving Daily AD and any other drop after some level difference

Comments

• Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Isn't that what these dungeons are designed for? Maybe change how characters are downleveled so it's not too easy...
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    omgz..

this isnt a exploit.

You have already been told in the other thread..

IF you want a level appropriate RUN.. make one.. go to the zone and ask for people to join.

in fact removal of said exploiters.. would make this take you a hour to get into a dd.

I dont run these much.. (ive run 3 mans twice in the last 30 days.. ) but heck if I have my weeklies done, my dailies, my daily ten epic runs.. a CN.. edemo/tia or whatever (guild dragonflight), which is why i would barely have time for any ever.. plenty of other stuff for me to do.. but there are ALOT of players who need this AD..

So ya.. its not common for me to do this.. but its a option they OBVIOUSLY designed for players NOT yet ready for t1s to make some AD with.

Your flawed in your thinking on this and you keep dwelling on it, instead of taking appropriate advice on how to get your 3 mans that you are looking for.

• Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User

Isn't that what these dungeons are designed for? Maybe change how characters are downleveled so it's not too easy...

I think the name that developers has given is plenty self explanatory.Leveling Dungeons.Not Farm dungeons or speed dungeons but leveling dungeons.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    leveling can also mean getting more AD to get more I level.. so people can run T1s.. just because you flip to lvl 70.. doesnt mean everyone can just insta into t1s.. alot of new players cant in fact and this gives them a option.

Did you even bother to look at it this way?
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    dsn1118 said:

I think the name that developers has given is plenty self explanatory.Leveling Dungeons.Not Farm dungeons or speed dungeons but leveling dungeons.
    the more farming the leveling dungeons the better for the others guess who gonna buy your loot more expensive. They win fast ad true but they dont win legendary rings-level 4 rings- artifacts. I guess also is for those pure pvp they dont like to run a dungeon so that is a way to make some ad fast remember the ad from pvp suck.
  • Options
    idontwinitskkidontwinitskk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    So you want to remove the only reason new starters have to run these dungeons just so you can help new starters *have fun*? Because *fun* definately means running uninspired,unrewarding and useless content for 20 mins instead of doing something productive and i don't know,advancing your character?

People with enough gear on their mains are already bored to tears from the endgame uninspired,unrewarding and useless content now they have something to kill time with on the alts they can never play because you can't progress them and you want to take it away.Brilliant plan.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited March 2016

dsn1118 said:

the more farming the leveling dungeons the better for the others guess who gonna buy your loot more expensive. They win fast ad true but they dont win legendary rings-level 4 rings- artifacts. I guess also is for those pure pvp they dont like to run a dungeon so that is a way to make some ad fast remember the ad from pvp suck.
    You can totally get artifacts from non-epic dungeons. Just yesterday I saw the boss of cloak tower drop a Lantern of Revelation.

In other news: holy HAMSTER, they actually CAN still drop those! First one I'd ever seen drop in all my play time.

And I have characters that can run, and be very useful in, any epic content. And I'm pretty good at playing them, if I do so say myself. But I'm not in a big guild, or have lots of powerful friends. So I can basically only ever run epic content with pug groups; either from solo queuing or getting into a pug-premade in PE. And sometimes there's just ZERO luck on that. On things like eDemo it's basically impossible to solo queue in any more, and most other things have lost a lot of random pug action since people can now do premades more readily. I've also seen 3.6k DPS types fail to do even a quarter of the damage of one of my 2.5k toons. Or 3k+ Oath of Protection OPs that never bubble, despite the infinite AP my DC is giving them. Or other people that are just plain weak, rather than just stupid and poorly built and played. So sometimes I can get in all the AD I want from epic content. Other times I can't get even a single diamond. So what would I rather do? Do the frustrating, unreliable thing, or do the reliable thing? Easy answer.
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Agree. If level 70 jumps into it, all fun for new players gone. More, if level 40-50 jumps into group of level 12-18 for CT, they don't have much challenge and fun as well. Previous bracket system was for reason. Mod 6 butchered it.

The goal of game should be separation of new players from these who need AD. Newbies should play on their own pace and they don't have to organize parties to isolate themselves. That what level 70 should do. Only private group for Normal dungeons if player exceed level sounds right.

Scaling is not issue. Perfect scaling doesn't play much role here. Even if players scaled correctly (which is impossible), people to farm AD will still rush and leave newbies behind.

If game forbid AD rewards for doing normal dungeons by high level, people will roll low level twinks with "gear".

Consider some real debuff when player come to dungeon above their level.

1. Set hard limitation on all stats and weapon damage per dungeon. Linear scaling from BiS or green level 70 to same "BiS"/green level 12 doesn't make sense. Sum of stats on green gear for level X have certain maximum. Current scaling ignores it.

2. Disable proc on bonding/gear/mounts/no augment/lostmouth etc. There is no reason to provide it in low level dungeon.

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

.... the boss of cloak tower drop a Lantern of Revelation.

I should check more accurately what this boss drops next time :smile:
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    What the game needs are viable ways to earn solo AD. Then these players would have ways to earn AD without stomping all over the playground.

Forcing people to run group content just to earn money isnt going to make them more social players. It just puts players in conflict with each other.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    There is a limit. Most character only run it twice to max the AD. Running more than 2 per day per character is waste of time for them.
    Yes, they should allow people to solo without pulling fake group to solo.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

There is a limit. Most character only run it twice to max the AD. Running more than 2 per day per character is waste of time for them.

I would rather like a solo private queue. I tried that, thinking "oh, man, it'd be so cool if I could just solo the cloak tower, then I'll get my AD and no newbs are gonna be sad I'm wasting things just by breathing on them", but the "private queues ignore party requirements" is a bit of an overstatement, as it still requires the number of warm bodies. I'm not sure if allowing private queues to ignore the number of players will solve much, as then the super-powered guys that can carry teams to (easy) victory will have even less reason to ever bother, making it that much harder for weaker players to even get the content done and advance.
  • Options
    zibadawa said:

I would rather like a solo private queue. I tried that, thinking "oh, man, it'd be so cool if I could just solo the cloak tower, then I'll get my AD and no newbs are gonna be sad I'm wasting things just by breathing on them", but the "private queues ignore party requirements" is a bit of an overstatement, as it still requires the number of warm bodies. I'm not sure if allowing private queues to ignore the number of players will solve much, as then the super-powered guys that can carry teams to (easy) victory will have even less reason to ever bother, making it that much harder for weaker players to even get the content done and advance.
    The character in the right level is not supposed to need someone super power to carry them in those dungeon.
    The solo "queue" was not even new because you were allowed to enter those dungeon alone if your level is too high for it. That was the good old days. At that time, you walked to the dungeon door and entered. No queue at all.
    The AD rusher is not exactly a good party member for those who wants to get the content done and advance.
    What they need is somebody who actually teaches them and shows them stuff. That can be found in a guild and many people like to help newbie about these stuff in PE too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    dsn1118 said:

When the time come that you hit end game and need to farm AD fast, you will appreciate the current state of the AD farming in these dungeons.

Solo queue could be good, but alas, that way is bottable. I would rather wait in queues than have botters have their way.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options

The character in the right level is not supposed to need someone super power to carry them in those dungeon.

A team of 1600's, with legit 1600 gear, is by no stretch of imagination a reasonable match for VT/MC/eLoL. Similarly for 2k dungeons. They can basically get through with a bubbledin: which is exactly "someone super power".

• Options
    edited March 2016
    zibadawa said:

A team of 1600's, with legit 1600 gear, is by no stretch of imagination a reasonable match for VT/MC/eLoL. Similarly for 2k dungeons. They can basically get through with a bubbledin: which is exactly "someone super power".

We were talking about leveling dungeon (read the title of this thread). i.e. under level 60.
    Do you really need super power to get through those?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

We were talking about leveling dungeon (read the title of this thread). i.e. under level 60.

I thought it was abundantly clear that when I talked about super powerful players carrying dungeons, and having potentially fewer reasons to do so, I was talking about doing it in epic dungeons. Because the entire point of what I was saying is that fresh 70's have even less chance of experiencing level 70 content if the most powerful characters continue to have their reasons to carry the weak removed. I suppose some people would say that's a great thing; namely those that like to pine about mod 2 and it being a struggle to do any dungeon or some such spiel.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    somehow i am sure the OP will do daily 2*tos when he hits 70 and needs a gazillion AD to upgrade enchants,pets...
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

somehow i am sure the OP will do daily 2*tos when he hits 70 and needs a gazillion AD to upgrade enchants,pets...

+1 on this
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    zibadawa said:

I thought it was abundantly clear that when I talked about super powerful players carrying dungeons, and having potentially fewer reasons to do so, I was talking about doing it in epic dungeons. Because the entire point of what I was saying is that fresh 70's have even less chance of experiencing level 70 content if the most powerful characters continue to have their reasons to carry the weak removed. I suppose some people would say that's a great thing; namely those that like to pine about mod 2 and it being a struggle to do any dungeon or some such spiel.
    How many powerful people can actually solo epic dungeon? top 0.5%?
    Even if they can solo epic dungeon, would they spend much much longer time daily (instead of a faster party set up) to earn AD?
    Even if they can solo, it does not mean they can blow everything away without blinking in Epic dungeon.

Most average gear level 70 can solo the supposed to be 3 man non-epic dungeon (without blinking) but you are not talking about those.